• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS Country Team:
Feel free to add

1.) ?
2.) Jono Burke (K)
3.) Matthew Sandell (J)
4.) Ned Hanigan (J)
5.) Patrick O'Brien (J)
6.) Jack Mcalman (K)
7.) Hamish Dunbar (S)
8.) Ben Hunt (I)
9.) Rory Davis (K)
10.) Jack Clancy (E)
11.) ?
12.) William McDonnell (J)
13.) ?
14.) Tim McCutcheon
15.) Nic Clancy (E)

Someone care to add a : 1.), 11.) and 13.) ?
Otherwise, a very solid team.

Ted S

Sydney Middleton (9)
The kids believe they do but the Parents choose to in the final years to improve the education. Achieving a better ATAR opens up more choice once kids leave school.

There in lies a truth not often told.
I do love RU, but my kids schooling is much more important.
They are at a GPS school but not for the Rugby, but because its a quality place for education and turning out good young men.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
GPS Country Team:
Feel free to add

1.) ?
2.) Jono Burke (K)
3.) Matthew Sandell (J)
4.) Ned Hanigan (J)
5.) Patrick O'Brien (J)
6.) Jack Mcalman (K)
7.) Hamish Dunbar (S)
8.) Ben Hunt (I)
9.) Rory Davis (K)
10.) Jack Clancy (E)
11.) ?
12.) William McDonnell (J)
13.) ?
14.) Tim McCutcheon
15.) Nic Clancy (E)

Someone care to add a : 1.), 11.) and 13.) ?
Otherwise, a very solid team.

Is there such a team??? Junior RM would love to hear there was....

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
City slickers v Country (origin)
in their proposed positions:

teams.jpg

any challengers??

DYEL

Bob McCowan (2)
I'd be quietly confident that the country boys in this scenario would take the cake .

****(Retreats to fetal position and awaits chastising)****

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I just did a quick count on the 24 boys in the 2010 u14 Country Junior Team.
7 are now attending GPS schools with
1 @ St Augustines, Mr Walker no less, and
1 @ Kinross who has also qualified to play for Country u17s this year.
Only 3 originals have made it through to Country u17s
No doubt this sort of breakup is probably typical of latter teams

Putting aside the (understandable) disappointment of your sons' team not doing as well as you'd both hoped, the matter of boys moving to "rugby" schools in Sydney and elsewhere has other imperatives: the backbreaking fees figure large in any parent's decision and is by far the most important determinant. There are many parents who make the decision to send their son (or daughter) away to big school for two, three, or four years because that's all they can afford. Just because that happens to be the years a young bloke blossoms into physical maturity while showing some promise as a rugby player doesn't mean there's some nefarious reason he turned up as King's, or Newington, or Kinross, or wherever. My young bloke went to my old school for five years (we moved after he might've started in year 7) and there were a large handful of boys whose fathers were at school with me whose sons attended for three, or two years, for financial reasons mostly.

To all: please don't continue to bring up the red herrings of this boy or that who moved from, say, Dubbo High to Scots in year 9; it's very disrespectful to the boy's parents.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
10, 13, 14, 15 from shore? not quite sure if serious..
and the forward pack, with the omission of McCalman for Cooke, seeing as McCalman played a year at 6 in 2012..I'd nearly relate that to the omission of O'Driscoll.
You need to know George's background!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George Smith

Ted Thorn (20)
10, 13, 14, 15 from shore? not quite sure if serious..
and the forward pack, with the omission of McCalman for Cooke, seeing as McCalman played a year at 6 in 2012..I'd nearly relate that to the omission of O'Driscoll.
please provide the country rep team Mr McCalman played and happy to include. I was just needing the 'evidence' along with any others!

Remember, this is a "country" team of origin and not a Newington country team of origin. Therefore we do not include boys where the closest farm they have got to is what the RAS put on each Easter or for the TKS lads having to drive to the doorstep of the 'country gate' just to get to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.