• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Gents, at 2:00pm this saturday all perspective GPS schools are warmly invited as "spectators ONLY" for the Newington 3rd XV vs. Topou College 1st XV game on Johnson Oval.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Gents, at 2:00pm this saturday all perspective GPS schools are warmly invited as "spectators ONLY" for the Newington 3rd XV vs. Topou College 1st XV game on Johnson Oval.

I heard that New trained with the visiting Southport School this week in preparation for their games vs. Trinity and TSS vs. Kings. Any news about these games? Times, locations? Cheers, Wreckless :)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I don't know about those games but as I mentioned on the Tahs v Reds thread: Newington is playing Trinity in the curtain-raiser at 5.40pm.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Gentlemen, just to ponder this but wouldn't it be good if we could see more GPS boys making it into the waratahs forward pack then eventually the wallabies! at the moment, the props for the Wallabies are woeful against the northern hemisphere and something needs to be done!
If this be the case GPSR, we will have to find good scrummagers first. I have not seen one lad this year aside from M Sandell who has the faintest idea of how to skillfully scrummage. Some of the boys are lucky to stay on the field past scrum 2 of the game. It will come down to the school/club again to find a wisened man to impart the knowledge of the dark world of LHP/H/THP. There is no one there ATM and this is sad.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I heard that New trained with the visiting Southport School this week in preparation for their games vs. Trinity and TSS vs. Kings. Any news about these games? Times, locations? Cheers, Wreckless :)

Wreckless, on the tuesday Southport school came in the afternoon to do an opposed session with a half-strength newingtion 1s team. All went well apart from the weather.

Yes Wreckless good news with:

1:00pm - Newington 2nd XV vs. Trinity 2nd XV (Johnson Oval)
2:00pm - Newington 3rd XV vs. Topou College 1st XV (Johnson Oval)
5:40pm - Full 23 man Squads of Newington 1st XV and Trinity 1st XV playing before the Tahs and reds on Saturday night.

Also, my mate sent me a video of his nephew playing in the 3s. Rough edit but it does the job. Kings won that game 13 due to some lackluster calls.

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
Good to be back after the long break.
Scrappy but plenty of attitude for 3's. Interesting tackle by New 14 ??
Who do the boys in pink line up against this week?

The GPS Rower

Herbert Moran (7)
Gentlemen, just to ponder this but wouldn't it be good if we could see more GPS boys making it into the waratahs forward pack then eventually the wallabies! at the moment, the props for the Wallabies are woeful against the northern hemisphere and something needs to be done!
mate ben robinson is claimed and plays as one of the best props to play rugby union ever. Stupid call. they were up against a team, made up of player who live for scrumaging. You must remember, the northern hemisphere style is much different. its alot more strategic and revolves around kicking and set pieces.

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to be back after the long break.
Scrappy but plenty of attitude for 3's. Interesting tackle by New 14 ??
Who do the boys in pink line up against this week?
Yeah new 14 was definitely mistaken and jammed in but 'interesting' tackles by every winger in that game... food for thought?

GPStyle

Herbert Moran (7)
Just got news from the riverview boys who have returned from the international Gold Coast Rugby Carnival and some fantastic results from the boys:

2nd XV: Runners up to Aranmore 34-30

1st XV: Victors defeating shore in final by a staggering score line 74-11

GPS Contender

Stan Wickham (3)
Mmmmm gpsstroke, maybe you should stick to rowing! By "interesting" I mean "no idea" !! Big positions like that need certainty and attitude in defense. A pity cos it will cost them and any other team that tackles like that. Hope they learn from mistakes and benefit by experience. Nice boots though.

rugbyscribe

Herbert Moran (7)
TSS 38 Kings 24 as told to me by a Kings mum last night. Kings were missing their NSW Schools players.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Scots won 54-8. Starkey, Chrichton & Krafts didn't play and NSW reps went off midway through the 2nd half. Despite the score was a pretty scappy game. Scots won 2nd's 41-0.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
1:00pm - Newington 2nd XV vs. Trinity 2nd XV (Johnson Oval)
2:00pm - Newington 3rd XV vs. Topou College 1st XV (Johnson Oval)
5:40pm - Full 23 man Squads of Newington 1st XV and Trinity 1st XV playing before the Tahs and reds on Saturday night.

Newington vs. Trinity : AJ Rae Shield Matches Today

U/15A's : Newington 64 def. Trinity 0
U/16A's : Newington 27 def. Trinity 24
2nds : Newington 26 def. Trinity 17
1sts : Newington 36 def. Trinity 15

In the main game at ANZ Stadium Cannell didn't play and Lussick, Milne and Moroea came off the bench midway through the second half. Replacement players for New all did well, and both teams used their entire bench to give all their boys a run on the big ground!

Tupou College ( Tonga ) def. Newington 3rds ( lots to not many! )

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I was disappointed when I realised the big guns weren't playing and I checked with the programme and sure enough, they weren't named.

But after oranges I saw the unmistakable figure of Tepai, and re-checked the programme. I hadn't thought to look in the reserves.

The big names made a difference too because Trinity were making a comeback until then.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Probably not the right thread, but I was impressed to see what I think was the Tupou College Brass Band playing at the Aust Schools Final day.

Would anyone associated with NEW pass on my appreciation to the Tupou college boys?

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Tupou College ( 59 ) def. Newington 3rds ( 0 )

Simply outsized and had suburb footwork for big tongan lads. The Newington boys (although missing key players with injuries and unavailability) stuck in deep and held well in defence. Surprisingly, The Grammar 1sts lost 53-3 I believe when they took on Topou College earlier in the week. Should be interesting when New get to take on Grammar.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Probably not the right thread, but I was impressed to see what I think was the Tupou College Brass Band playing at the Aust Schools Final day.

Would anyone associated with NEW pass on my appreciation to the Tupou college boys?

Will do HJ! There is a joint Chapel service today at Stanmore with a real Tongan flavour with their guests from Tupou College and I am looking forward to - if not the band - then the assembled choir and some great singing!

Cheers, Wreckless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.