• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Do you seriously argue that an 18-3 penalty count against joeys or any team for that matter is a fair reflection of a game? Get a grip. And with all that ball kings could still only score one try to joeys two. Oh and the ref disallowed two other joeys tries. Good luck to kings but you're as blind as your ref.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Do you seriously argue that an 18-3 penalty count against joeys or any team for that matter is a fair reflection of a game? Get a grip. And with all that ball kings could still only score one try to joeys two. Oh and the ref disallowed two other joeys tries. Good luck to kings but you're as blind as your ref.

I don't see LG saying anything like it was a 'fair representation of the game'..only that the Joeys players showed poor discipline.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
I repeat, Joey's 16'A are a champion team. The were beaten by a single point yesterday by a gallant Kings team. I expect that the Joeys 16A's will provide the nucleus of a successful period for the school. As supporters, I think there are a few posters who should stop to consider if they are passing the fundamental message that it is most important. You need to respect your opposition, the referee and ultimately the game. Have a great Dads day.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

Aaah...... I just love the Karma of it all after 12 years of watching teams visiting Hunters Hill get absolutely ripped off by Joeys refs. Couldn't have asked for a better Father's Day present. ;)

ytb

Frank Row (1)
Further to my observations that Newington's crowd today will be able to meet in a phone box, I had a very enlightening chat today with a neighbor with two sons at Stanmore who invited me to the Scotts game.

I raised the notable absence of NC supporters at Joeys last week with him and asked for his thoughts. He claimed that there is a large under current of resentment from students (his lads are in years 8 and 11) towards the "credit card XV" (his words). There are many boys who wish to not support this team. Any premiership they win this year in Rugby will be forever tainted ala Scotts 1993 he feels. He noted that even at home there are less than 100 boys on occasions to add their voices to the battle. He noted that in the first round with Scotts when he saw a remarkable bare hill side and more kilts than Wyvern black and white tracksuits.

With anyone with Stanmore connections like to make a comment on this claim>
I'm sorry but the major reason was the fact that there were two formals in the inner west, one being the newington year 10 occurring that night. I can assure you that the newington First Xv is the pride of the boys regardless of how each player got to the school.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Aaah.. I just love the Karma of it all after 12 years of watching teams visiting Hunters Hill get absolutely ripped off by Joeys refs. Couldn't have asked for a better Father's Day present. ;)
Good to have you back. Was talking to a Joeys supporter this morning and his view was Kings played well and Joeys were ordinary - Kings deserved to win.

Well done to the Kings boys, enjoy your day CTPE.

H

harrysboy

I'm keen for the underdogs to show some bite . C'mon Shore, Kings (who are not a "very poor team") and Newington (away from home)!

So there you have it, 2 out of the 3 "underdogs" get up against their slightly more favoured opponents. That's good for rugby.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I note that the 'very poor Kings team' have a shot to finish outright 4th and relegate Joeys to 5th next week if they can topple View..should be a great game, pity I can't get there!

H

harrysboy

I have no reason to disbelieve you. That sort of behaviour from a referee, if true, is out of line and has no place in Schoolboy football.

You should probably make a formal report to the MIC Rugby at Shore. Call the School Switchboard on Monday, and I am sure that you will be able to speak to them. I reckon that they will not condone that sort of language from a referee appointed to one of their games.

Totally unacceptable behaviour from the referee at any level of rugby.

As a slight side note, and not meant to condone the actions of the referee, the boys must learn to show respect and some form of 'protocol' by only directing questions to the ref via their captain.

Jakedabomb13

Frank Row (1)
For the 16As Joeys and Kings match obviously there are some upset joeys parents on this forum. Firstly, I do agree that there were a few bad calls and especially in the last 3 minutes Kings got a few get-out of jail free cards. But, the penalty count definitely wasn't 18-3. In terms of disallowed tries, you can't be certain Joeys would have scored (I'm talking about forward pass to the free winger on about half way). There were a few occasion were Joeys were lucky to keep to lose players to the bin, eg. Joeys player got warned for high tackle then committed again and the player that dived over the ruck whilst Kings were on a roll (lead to penalty that was kicked). In terms of personnel every team has injuries (Kings had 4th choice on the wing) and it was the choice of both schools to bring up a talented players such as Tom Wright (had a very strong game as well) and Jacob Richards to the 2nd XV.

Give credit were it is due. In the first half Kings were under the pump and similar to the Scots game didn't concede many points. Came out firing in second half and held on for the win. This King team has good record as Joey's bogey team. Don't blame other factors and have a red hot go next year when it is more important.

H

harrysboy

Terrific game deserving of a less biased referee he completely caned joeys. Not taking away from a determined and tough kings side but the ref soured the game. Joeys two tries to one. Strong games from kings Cameron king and joeys Eddie king and Dylan grant who scored a blistering solo try.

Continual infringements at and around the breakdown deserved to be penalised. The ref did a good job.

The more that refs can do to patrol the slowing down of the ball and the offside, to keep the game open and flowing, the better. Otherwise we end up watching games similar to those played by the All Blacks, complete with their breakdown 'tactics'!

B

Br Henry

Newington team venturing over to the parochial crowd on the western sideline to give three cheers to the Scots supporting crowd!

Scots 1st XV turning around and giving three cheers in return!

What a outstanding gesture and very much the norm back in the 1970's when schools had respect for one another. Congratulations to both schools.

Red October

Frank Row (1)
I think enough has been said about the Joeys/Kings U16A game, what about the 1st XV, a great game with no conjecture in the result, in fact if the TKS goal kicking had been anything to write home about TKS could have cracked the 60 mark.

B

Br Henry

very amusing well amusing at such a lame attempt at fishing.
Jealousy is a curse and I don't know why you feel you need too when Scots has such a good side. Surely you could simply celebrate that instead of making a fool of yourself with such outstanding ignorance and hypocrisy

Sir, you obviously find it hard to read to the end when I asked for clarification. Please read the whole post again including my final desire to seek further thoughts. The claims came from a Newington parent as well.

I

Iniman

For those that don't know - Br Henry is also TightHeadLion and the old Sarg alias. A former employee of scots and joeys.

Time to move on mate

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just a reminder to several posters here that multiple accounts are not allowed, especially if people seem to be using them to be pains in the arse and clutter threads with crap.
I'd hate to have to remove some schizoid posters permanently.
Talk footy, less crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.