• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Spaceman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Just trying to work out which score is the correct one - either way the bolded comments do not surprise me in the least in a scoreline like that.
I'm looking over the horizon.

I had the score at 64-7, 10 tries and 7 conversions - kicked by Angus Crichton I might add (what can't the kid do). Good point, don't know if what they did today will be good enough against some really in form defense.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting comments there, watched the game against Shore today and what I observed was one of the best running and passing games I have ever seen from a Scots side. As for a lack of 'subtlety' as you put, I agree that's it not like we're watching Horwitz and Kellaway run around any more but some of the passing and decision making from the back today was outstanding. I was very impressed with their performance.

Completely agree, Scots running and passing game was a sight to see and not one penalty shot at goal all day from either side ........ how refreshing ! as for the PODS I was referring to the support players got after big line breaks in broken play....... nothing structured about it.............

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Observations from joeys view game

Given there were several Aussie schoolboys, thought I'd focus a bit on them .. Both 10s played great . O'shea despite some extensive arm strapping played great including a solo effort in the corner, beating 4 defenders

Mcgregor equally played at what I would call an Aussie school standard

Henry Hutchinson , not so sure ..was down with different injuries and eventually left the field .he did have moments of brilliance and definitely has pace, but certainly think his height, or lack thereof makes me wonder how he will go in nz

Have now seen him monstered in a few games

If he could pass both ways I'd be trying to convert him to a scrum half

The joeys half plays that pest role . Didn't really do anything wrong but wouldn't of even noticed him unless I knew to look out for him

The joeys 15 , I forget his name , stood out more, great broken field runner .although he didn't look a confident goal kicker . Might be a problem if joeys gets some closer matches

As in recent years thought joeys forwards struggled to bend the line in a convincing fashion . Only the number 8 dented . The replacement 16 played well

View front row was dominant and the loosies were good at breakdown

Freeman is back to his best and rate his temperament

My points
Joeys
3 Connor o'shea
2 number 15
1 number 16

View points
3 mcgregor
2 view front row

1 freeman

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oops ... Put that in wrong thread.

A joeys mate told me that 3 rounds in, joeys undefeated in 13As,14As,15As, 16As, and 2nds... Don't know if that is right , but agree joeys dominant across pretty much all ages

While schools like shore and kings seem to be struggling, although good to see , the kings 1sts get up

V

Vindíctam

Oops . Put that in wrong thread.

A joeys mate told me that 3 rounds in, joeys undefeated in 13As,14As,15As, 16As, and 2nds. Don't know if that is right , but agree joeys dominant across pretty much all ages

While schools like shore and kings seem to be struggling, although good to see , the kings 1sts get up

Once again Joeys win 22 of 26 games against View including 13A, 14A 16A and 2nds and people keep saying Joeys have lost their mantle of GPS powerhouse. I would like to see how TSC went against Shore in the other games. A school rugby program should be judged not just on one team.

The Spaceman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Once again Joeys win 22 of 26 games against View including 13A, 14A 16A and 2nds and people keep saying Joeys have lost their mantle of GPS powerhouse. I would like to see how TSC went against Shore in the other games. A school rugby program should be judged not just on one team.

Shore had the whole split round deal - many teams played Riverview. Heard that Shore won all open games except the 1s and 10s, but not many of these games were played against Scots. Notables were a solid win by Shore in the 2s and 4ths. Didn't hear of much in the under ages, but would assume Scots would've won the A's and lost most of the rest - nothing meant by that - but its usually how it goes against Shore.

Have to applaud Joey's at how well their rugby program is doing this year, absolutely dominant.

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Oops . Put that in wrong thread.

A joeys mate told me that 3 rounds in, joeys undefeated in 13As,14As,15As, 16As, and 2nds. Don't know if that is right , but agree joeys dominant across pretty much all ages

14A Joeys v Scots was a draw.

Colin Windon

Herbert Moran (7)
Kings 34 Newington 21.

Kings opened up strongly with 2 quick tries from sustained pressure close to the line. Newington responded well with 2 tries late in the half which saw the home side (Kings) go into half time up by 1 with New in the ascendancy.

Second half opened with a rolling maul try to Kings and the inevitable response from New. News 15, who was having a rousing game, received a yellow and Kings took advantage closing out the game. Great efforts from both teams with Kane from Kings and 15 from New outstanding in broken play. An entertaining game played in good spirit with both teams to be commended.

in other games Kings won 16A by a single point and Kings again close victors in the 2s. A good day for the boys from Parra but great to see some competitive rugby.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Shore had the whole split round deal - many teams played Riverview. Heard that Shore won all open games except the 1s and 10s, but not many of these games were played against Scots. Notables were a solid win by Shore in the 2s and 4ths. Didn't hear of much in the under ages, but would assume Scots would've won the A's and lost most of the rest - nothing meant by that - but its usually how it goes against Shore.

Have to applaud Joey's at how well their rugby program is doing this year, absolutely dominant.

Shore played Scots in 22 matches, the reason being that in 3rds Shore played Riverview. The knock-on effect of that is that Shore 5ths or 6ths would also play a Riverview team as would the Cs and Es in the age groups.

In terms of an overall rugby programme, Joeys are still the gold standard.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Scots up 93-3. Updates from other games would be appreciated. At this rate, Shore will be in the 3rds comp next year. At least they can row a good boat. Well done.

Just to let you know, that shore beat Scots in every single match in the opens, BAR the first 15. This goes to show that Shore do not simply just row a boat and that they can play rugby. It is a shame that the recruiting from other GPS schools has had such an impact on the first 15 competition

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)

The exact same thing happened to Marist Ashgrove in QLD. 9 out of 11 premierships and four points shy of a perfect aggregate score. 1sts lose two matches and everyone starts preaching the death of Ashgrove rugby.

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
Just to let you know, that shore beat Scots in every single match in the opens, BAR the first 15.

I'm very happy for Shore for a successful day, however for accuracy, I believe they played against Scots in only 5 of the Opens fixtures. Not sure who they played in the other 5.

From all reports the 3rds comp is a cracker, but it causes bloody havoc with the draw.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
Its never easy to beat Joeys but there was from the start to the finish no doubt who was the better team between View and them.A yellow card for lifting,two other replacements for injury near the end when view looked like keeping joeys to no score at 23-0 and the always on their toes Joeys boys got in a 14 minute lapse by View a couple of quick tries that were actually far too easy which View will have to watch for the future.Pritchard was a standout again and Hayson 8 is back to is lethal best in the forwards creating havoc for anybody and everybody. so far this season one gets the impression that View have not yet moved past second gear to remain undefeated.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm very happy for Shore for a successful day, however for accuracy, I believe they played against Scots in only 5 of the Opens fixtures. Not sure who they played in the other 5.

From all reports the 3rds comp is a cracker, but it causes bloody havoc with the draw.

For the sake of complete accuracy, the opens at Northbridge went like this:

Shore v

TSC in 1, 2, 4, 6 & 9

SIC in 3, 5 & 7

SHS in 8

TKS in 10

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
For the sake of complete accuracy, the opens at Northbridge went like this:

Shore v

TKS in 1, 2, 4, 6 & 9

SIC in 3, 5 & 7

SHS in 8

TKS in 10

Apparently the current arrangement is agreed to for 2015 but not beyond and that means that there may be some significant developments.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Apparently the current arrangement is agreed to for 2015 but not beyond and that means that there may be some significant developments.

It's not that unusual for Shore to play some of their matches against a number of different schools on a match day. Most schools don't have 10 open teams and Shore often go down to Hs in the age groups. The 3rds and 5ths, plus Bs and Ds or Cs and Es in various age groups would have been the only matches affected by the current 3rd XV draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.