• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
Now that the real competition, ie the thirds, is getting underway, I'm off to SJC shortly with camera to watch the TAS teams. I agree with earlier comments that SJC should win, as well as the comments about depth among the minnows.

My hope, perhaps forlorn, is that TAS's pre-season games will have given them strength to offset the usual slow start. TAS's pre-season strikes me as inevitably messy. Thirty two year ten boys went on the NZ development tour, a number of older boys were in other development squads, but this will be (I think) the first time the two top teams have played together since the break.

V

Vindíctam

TAS brought their weather to Sydney today. Bloody cold at Hunters Hill.

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
TAS brought their weather to Sydney today. Bloody cold at Hunters Hill.

It was bloody cold at Hunters Hill. I fear it beat me. I came home after watching TAS Firsts. And thank you Tahspark for the congrats!

On the firsts, like last year, there are some fast TAS backs. Like last year, and as SJC found, if you let them get away you are in a degree of trouble. Initially, SJC were on top. Then TAS started to break away a little. Buddy Mumbula at number 13 had a very good game, including a break-away try from a lovely short pass. The TAS defence was, as it often is in the Firsts, very good. SJC pressed and pressed, but were held out.

I also watched the TAS Seconds (my old team) and the 16As. I was especially interested in the 16As. They were playing SJCs 16Bs, so just one grade down. The team has also just come back from NZ. Listening to the coach and boys, there was an expectation that they might win. They are a good side providing TAS with some depth, but there is some work to be done if they are to match it in Sydney.

As I write, I haven't heard the results of the other games, but it looks like a very competitive thirds comp.

P

Paul Randall Wight Jr.

Anyone able to give progress scores? Joeys v Riverview / Shore v Scots / Kings v Newington

Scots up 93-3. Updates from other games would be appreciated. At this rate, Shore will be in the 3rds comp next year. At least they can row a good boat. Well done.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
According to Joeys Rugby Twitter it's View up 23-10 with 8 mins to go (View led 23-0):

https://twitter.com/JoeysRugby

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah full time at HH, 23-10. Bit of a late rally by the boys in cerise who were down nil with 15 to go. I guess view took their foot off the gas, they better watch that.
2nds Joeys 12 View 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.