• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
given we are about as far from cricket season as you can get, you seem to have your bat tucked very tightly behind a defensive left pad on that answer. A similar delivery in the unnameable thread may well have had to be retrieved from the corso

It's just the reality:)

EDIT: I'd hope that issues raised on the thread which dare not speak its name have nothing to do with selections. They shouldn't.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Could someone tell me about this 12 from scots D England, i've never heard of him until last night, and M girdler as well, seems to me that a few BIG calls have been made in GPS selections, i just hope there's no politics in the NSW pickings, good luck to all players who have gained rep honours

With respect, WTG, you obviously haven't followed the current 17s through the ranks. Both England and Girdler have strong pedigrees and have featured in such teams as Newport's club titles, Warringah's state titles, NSW U15s & Sydney Juniors U16s. More than respectable CVs.

Not so much politics but reward for years of quality development and no doubt for their contributions in Scots big early round wins.

Whose That Guy

Herbert Moran (7)
With respect, WTG, you obviously haven't followed the current 17s through the ranks. Both England and Girdler have strong pedigrees and have featured in such teams as Newport's club titles, Warringah's state titles, NSW U15s & Sydney Juniors U16s. More than respectable CVs.

Not so much politics but reward for years of quality development and no doubt for their contributions in Scots big early round wins.

Ahh this makes more sense now, they sound like very good players going by their CV's, it seems that i haven't heard of them as they are knew to the GPS system, interesting that they go to Scots...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Given that GPS Blue and GPS White are playing each other, and both teams only have 15 players listed, are we to assume that the bench of 7 will service both teams?

T

The Big Show

Ahh this makes more sense now, they sound like very good players going by their CV's, it seems that i haven't heard of them as they are knew to the GPS system, interesting that they go to Scots.

What a filthy slander against the Scots College. Both boys have been at the College since Years 7 and 9 respectively. Neither of them are 'new' to the GPS system. I suggest you check your facts before posting wild assertions. Lift your game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
President A XV

1. Lucas Choi (K)
  2. Henry Todd (S)
  3. Sunny Kim (K)
  4. Nick Brown (K)
  5. Will Glascott (I)
  6. Tom Serhon (N)
  7. Charlie Smith (S)
  8. G. Miller (S)
  9. W. Wennerbom (J)
  10. Alec Sheldon (G)
  11. S. Gilfedder (N)
  12. C. Murray (N)
  13. J. Pirina (I)
  14. W. Terry (I)
  15. R. Millar (K)

Reserves:

1. A. Crotti (J)
  2. J Bours (S)
  3. L. Edwards (E)
  4. Banuelos (N)
  5. S. Steele Parke (K)
  6. Hammond (?)
  7. C. Scott (I)
  8. Pietsch (K)

President B XV

1. Cameron Horne (N)
  2. D. Lombardi (K)
  3. Adam Goodman (N)
  4. O’Byrne (S)
  5. Louise Grey (N)
  6. Josh Smith (G)
  7. Matt Orpen (K)
  8. Nathan Lawson (N)
  9. Kyle Brown (K)
  10. T. Lenehan (I)
  11. W. Yunipingu (S)
  12. T. Taukomo (N)
  13. L. Ropati-Of (J)
  14. S. Anese (K)
  15. B. Barnes (J)

Reserves:
  1. J. Ayles (E)
  2. D Luisi (S)
  3. Mackay
  4. Noonan (I)
  5. Oliver Schwartz (G)
  6. Kelvin Lau (G)
  7. G Cheung (G)
  8. E. Gregory (E)

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
President A XV

1. Lucas Choi (K)
  2. Henry Todd (S)
  3. Sunny Kim (K)
  4. Nick Brown (K)
  5. Will Glascott (I)
  6. Tom Serhon (N)
  7. Charlie Smith (S)
  8. G. Miller (S)
  9. W. Wennerbom (J)
  10. Alec Sheldon (G)
  11. S. Gilfedder (N)
  12. C. Murray (N)
  13. J. Pirina (I)
  14. W. Terry (I)
  15. R. Millar (K)

One Joeys boy from a team that has, in my memory, won the comp for the last 3 years. Interesting

lineoutjumper

Stan Wickham (3)
President A XV

1. Lucas Choi (K)
  2. Henry Todd (S)
  3. Sunny Kim (K)
  4. Nick Brown (K)
  5. Will Glascott (I)
  6. Tom Serhon (N)
  7. Charlie Smith (S)
  8. G. Miller (S)
  9. W. Wennerbom (J)
  10. Alec Sheldon (G)
  11. S. Gilfedder (N)
  12. C. Murray (N)
  13. J. Pirina (I)
  14. W. Terry (I)
  15. R. Millar (K)

Reserves:

1. A. Crotti (J)
  2. J Bours (S)
  3. L. Edwards (E)
  4. Banuelos (N)
  5. S. Steele Parke (K)
  6. Hammond (?)
  7. C. Scott (I)
  8. Pietsch (K)

President B XV

1. Cameron Horne (N)
  2. D. Lombardi (K)
  3. Adam Goodman (N)
  4. O’Byrne (S)
  5. Louise Grey (N)
  6. Josh Smith (G)
  7. Matt Orpen (K)
  8. Nathan Lawson (N)
  9. Kyle Brown (K)
  10. T. Lenehan (I)
  11. W. Yunipingu (S)
  12. T. Taukomo (N)
  13. L. Ropati-Of (J)
  14. S. Anese (K)
  15. B. Barnes (J)

Reserves:
  1. J. Ayles (E)
  2. D Luisi (S)
  3. Mackay
  4. Noonan (I)
  5. Oliver Schwartz (G)
  6. Kelvin Lau (G)
  7. G Cheung (G)
  8. E. Gregory (E)

no hedge (2) or Rixon (9) both in the shore seconds? hedge could play hooker and anywhere in the back row and Rixon can play 9 and anywhere is the back three?! poor desicions by the Selectors... and what's the go with limited joeys boys, by far the outright strongest team but yet not many boys selected

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What a filthy slander against the Scots College. Both boys have been at the College since Years 7 and 9 respectively. Neither of them are 'new' to the GPS system. I suggest you check your facts before posting wild assertions. Lift your game.
I absolutely agree that it is absurd to think anyone would recruit Primary School kids.
Go to the other thread,you might get a surprise!

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
no hedge (2) or Rixon (9) both in the shore seconds? hedge could play hooker and anywhere in the back row and Rixon can play 9 and anywhere is the back three?! poor desicions by the Selectors. and what's the go with limited joeys boys, by far the outright strongest team but yet not many boys selected
Both hedge and rixon going on the shore New Zealand tour meaning they are away for the games.

BoxKick

Frank Row (1)
On the CHS pathway for High, it's interesting to note that 2 more boys have been selected in the u16s CHS side, not sure positions or what team they play at school. Does anyone know there positions, aswell as the boy in the opens squad?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
no hedge (2) or Rixon (9) both in the shore seconds? hedge could play hooker and anywhere in the back row and Rixon can play 9 and anywhere is the back three?! poor desicions by the Selectors. and what's the go with limited joeys boys, by far the outright strongest team but yet not many boys selected
Neither trialled so you can prepare your apology to the selectors now.
Besides which Rixon is not playing 9 in the shore 2nds, is he.
Wennerbom is the standout half in this age as I pointed out pages ago.
Brown trialled very well.
Don't know which positions the SJC boys play that you think should be in: they have to be nominated by their school.

d.wicks

Frank Row (1)
i was rather dissapointed that Patrick Odoherty the hooker for joeys didn't make the cut. watching him play for the last two years, he was be an oustanding work-horse for the joeys sides. admittedly, he doesnt stand out to many, because he does all the dirty work for bigger fellas like wingti and gittoes in the joeys side! he undoubtably has the best throw in the GPS! talking to former 1sts coaches from joeys, apparently he is one of the hardest workers in the joeys team. Dont like tooting individuals horns, just thought he was extremely hard done by!

Ps - ive heard he has an identical twin joeys 2nd XV?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
i was rather dissapointed that Patrick Odoherty the hooker for joeys didn't make the cut. watching him play for the last two years, he was be an oustanding work-horse for the joeys sides. admittedly, he doesnt stand out to many, because he does all the dirty work for bigger fellas like wingti and gittoes in the joeys side! he undoubtably has the best throw in the GPS! talking to former 1sts coaches from joeys, apparently he is one of the hardest workers in the joeys team. Dont like tooting individuals horns, just thought he was extremely hard done by!

Ps - ive heard he has an identical twin joeys 2nd XV?

Crotti is SJC and he's a hooker.
What am I missing? This is U16s.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Neither trialled so you can prepare your apology to the selectors now.
Besides which Rixon is not playing 9 in the shore 2nds, is he.
Wennerbom is the standout half in this age as I pointed out pages ago.
Brown trialled very well.
Don't know which positions the SJC boys play that you think should be in: they have to be nominated by their school.
IS Im assuming "standout half in this age" you are referring to GPS. The Kings boys game has matured this year also as you mentioned. I just watched the Opens CHS v ISA game. The Young ISA 1/2 had a blinder against a big CHS side. I think he is top of the tree and I would expect him to go on this year in the opens. He had a shocker with the goot though. V unusual for him.
Lots of gordon boys in the A team

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
IS Im assuming "standout half in this age" you are referring to GPS. The Kings boys game has matured this year also as you mentioned. I just watched the Opens CHS v ISA game. The Young ISA 1/2 had a blinder against a big CHS side. I think he is top of the tree and I would expect him to go on this year in the opens. He had a shocker with the goot though. V unusual for him.
Lots of gordon boys in the A team

Quite right - although my favourite half in that Gordon team you keep playing at 15

Status
Not open for further replies.