• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
I expect scots to put a cricket score on crandbrook with Salt & Pepper having their fair share of seasoning

You'd be surprised. The way the GPS vs. CAS games have gone with a few cranbrook boys representing quite well, I'm sure the Battle of the Hill game should be a cracker.

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
I heard that Kings 2nd XV has a friendly match organised against Epping Boys HS 1st XV near the end of the holidays sometime - possibly the last Friday of the hols. The Epping coach is keen to give the boys some decent competition in preparation for their Waratah Cup / Shield (not sure which one they're in) games next term.
The game is this Friday 11/7 @TKS kick off at 2pm. so i'm told.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd be careful where you park around Scots

a colourful Sydney identity lives right there

and recently shots were taken at his house

You wouldn't want to cop a stray bullet :confused:

Back to the footy ...

any team lists ... hopefully both teams are full strength

:)

V

Vindíctam

I'd be careful where you park around Scots

a colourful Sydney identity lives right there

and recently shots were taken at his house

You wouldn't want to cop a stray bullet :confused:

:)

I recall being abused by Jamie Packer once when I had the audacity of turning my car into Mansion Rd and he thought I should have stopped to allow him and his monstrous minders to keep running. Got a right regal spray that morning. Nice bloke when you get to know him though which I did a few years ago.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I recall being abused by Jamie Packer once when I had the audacity of turning my car into Mansion Rd and he thought I should have stopped to allow him and his monstrous minders to keep running. Got a right regal spray that morning. Nice bloke when you get to know him though which I did a few years ago.

Funny ... It is a small world... I had an LA based friend calling me to see if a Erica packer was legit ... He Had never heard of the packer name ... And was showing her a rather expensive property in la ... I assured him , she would be good for the $ ..cheques won't bounce ... She ironically/annoyingly didn't proceed

Yes inside shoulder don't park the mr whippy van in that driveway also

Wonder if any sons of sydney crims (colourful characters) have ever made school 1st xv

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Vindictam, you aren't David Gyngell by any chance? :)

V

Vindíctam

Score update would be appreciated for those who live beyond the Kings Cross tunnel.

Jasdec

Ted Fahey (11)
Today's Battle Of The Hill.
13A Cranbrook 19 Scots 10
14A Scots 80 Cranbrook 0
15A Scots 75 Cranbrook 0
16A Scots won score unconfirmed
2nd XV Scots 40 Cranbrook 0
1st XV Scots 52 Cranbrook 6
Should have been called Windy Hill.
Any help with the 16s score?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I'm tipping a very interesting game between TSC and SIC.
There is not a lot of subtlety in the TSC back line - some issues setting up supports and no long passing 10 or 12. They like to go through or over rather than around and they were pretty good at that today.
SIC have a reasonable long passer in McGregor and a pretty handy all rounder in Hutchinson. Somewhat dubious through the 12 channel in defence.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm tipping a very interesting game between TSC and SIC.
There is not a lot of subtlety in the TSC back line - some issues setting up supports and no long passing 10 or 12. They like to go through or over rather than around and they were pretty good at that today.
SIC have a reasonable long passer in McGregor and a pretty handy all rounder in Hutchinson. Somewhat dubious through the 12 channel in defence.

I agree, the #12 channel has been a weakness for Riverview. However, Riverview have 2 players returning this term who are considered backline starters in the 1st XV - Tom McKellar and Joe Stageman. I believe that they will be back for the first fixture against Joeys, and it is likely that one of them will slot in at Inside Centre (Stageman is considered the best #12 on offer). This should sure up that channel a bit, but it will be interesting to see how the guys without much preparation fair.

To your more general point, I think Scots will be a well-oiled machine. Their backline, on paper, doesn't have the strike power View's does, but I think they'll execute better and will have stronger set piece (across the board). Interesting that you say they lack subtlety - I would have though that that's their strong point. McGregor, Freeman and Huchinson all have strong passing games, so that works to their advantage.

Did Scots/Cranbrook have all their players? I ask because it wouldn't surprise me if Crichton, Summer-Hayes, Porter et al. had a break after so much rugby.

Nonetheless, GPS' dominance is reasserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.