• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for compliance, I can tell you, that you won't have it. But what you will have is a very particular set of inside information, inside information which makes me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave the forums now and make me the moderator and never return, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will become forum moderator.

I believe this was a very poor attempt at humour, parody.
try the link below from the film Taken.
Not sure if you picked this Mr Moderator.

BIg Jake

Frank Nicholson (4)
I have AUS friends who reside permanently reside in ,England,France and Italy and they have thought they are great by finding these forums and Green & Gold Rugby and are now sending me stuff from It.It brings a lot of joy to them to keep up with the AAGPS goings on rugby and all of rugby and I agree they need to be considered before threats of closing down the operation are considered please
There is some pretty petty stuff written and kept on with here but unless it is malicious or hurtful to others or should be discussed in another forum or not discussed at all its good to have some banter and for the moderator to become involved..
Don't forget the start of a fair dinkum knock out 5 round comp tomorrow where a few teams will want to win as many games as they can and other will want to win some and see other get beaten.Boys will need to turn up to play every week and Shore(the under-dog) keep it up.
Some progress scores posted would be great thanks.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can we stop firstly yelling at u13, and u14 refs.in fact any refs.."you got a bitch then tell your mate next to you like most of us do." secondly if I hear any spectators start talking to kids on the field and threatening them at Joeys on Saturday like I heard at centennial last round (under 14as not my kids team btw) then I will post your name on here ... scaraby

Scaraby .... you raise a very good point ... I have seen a block of Joeys fathers from their 14As team yelling at games ... no doubt trying to influence the result, and maybe they have seen something in back-play ... but really excessive .... the GPS has to raise their standards to Junior Rugby

there needs to be a dedicated ground marshalls ... people who say, teachers will sort it out, have their head in the sand

and there needs to be more in way of ARs/linesman ... how can a referee check on what happened in back-play?!

and the older the age groups (particularly 15s and up) the more likely there is going to be a punch-up in backplay

anyway there are always lunatic parents ... go and check out the Mosman 11As, there is one south African parent, who loves to serve as the AR, and yet he is still yelling at kids on the field, ripping into coaches (saw him do this to Rod Kafer & the other Chatswood coach?) ... how this Mosman parent hasn't been reported ... its embarrassing!

S'UP

Bill Watson (15)
Can we stop firstly yelling at u13, and u14 refs.in fact any refs.."you got a bitch then tell your mate next to you like most of us do." secondly if I hear any spectators start talking to kids on the field and threatening them at Joeys on Saturday like I heard at centennial last round (under 14as not my kids team btw) then I will post your name on here . scaraby

Scaraby .. you raise a very good point . I have seen a block of Joeys fathers from their 14As team yelling at games . no doubt trying to influence the result, and maybe they have seen something in back-play . but really excessive .. the GPS has to raise their standards to Junior Rugby
there needs to be a dedicated ground marshalls . people who say, teachers will sort it out, have their head in the sand
and there needs to be more in way of ARs/linesman . how can a referee check on what happened in back-play?!
and the older the age groups (particularly 15s and up) the more likely there is going to be a punch-up in backplay
anyway there are always lunatic parents . go and check out the Mosman 11As, there is one south African parent, who loves to serve as the AR, and yet he is still yelling at kids on the field, ripping into coaches (saw him do this to Rod Kafer & the other Chatswood coach?) . how this Mosman parent hasn't been reported . its embarrassing!
My daughter and I referee at TKS every Saturday and we only spoke about this last week, how much easier it would be if we had AR's, it's amazing how many people tell you that the ball went out in spot X and you have it wrong, but they never offer to walk a line. In my experience the behaviour of the parents at GPS games at TKS has improved out of sight in the last 2 years (age 13 to opens), yes you get the odd idiot or idiots but in general the parents are all there offering support and encouragement. If we had our choice we would referee at TKS over a SJRU game but SJRU still wins because we don't have a ground marshall or AR's.
There is one reason that the 11a's parent hasn't been reported is that it takes a very strong person to confront someone like that and if you do you need support from others. I have done it on a number of occasions and the majority of people don't even know they have stepped over the line. Sad but true.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
My daughter and I referee at TKS every Saturday and we only spoke about this last week, how much easier it would be if we had AR's, it's amazing how many people tell you that the ball went out in spot X and you have it wrong, but they never offer to walk a line. In my experience the behaviour of the parents at GPS games at TKS has improved out of sight in the last 2 years (age 13 to opens), yes you get the odd idiot or idiots but in general the parents are all there offering support and encouragement. If we had our choice we would referee at TKS over a SJRU game but SJRU still wins because we don't have a ground marshall or AR's.
There is one reason that the 11a's parent hasn't been reported is that it takes a very strong person to confront someone like that and if you do you need support from others. I have done it on a number of occasions and the majority of people don't even know they have stepped over the line. Sad but true.

Many thanks to you and your daughter for letting my boys and many others enjoy a game of Rugby on the weekends....I try to run lines at school games but they like the kids to learn so I quietly give the kids doing it a few pointers..(yes I'm qualified).. keep up the good fight without you we dont have games...:)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Of the 18 matches between Shore and Kings last week, Shore won 11, Kings 6 and 1 draw.

25 matches against NC this week, wonder how things will end up. Hopefully an enjoyable day of rugby for all boys from both school.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
Totally agree, Will Terry is a great player, with great knowledge of the game and makes the right decision every time

Him and Jake Pirina (both in year 10) will be the Inside and Outside centres for View next year and the year after. Tom Lenehan also in year 10 is playing in the seconds. Also hearing Chris Scott - Flanker and Logan Wilson - Number 8 are great young players in 16's who will play opens next year.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
My wife will be refereeing this weekend at a GPS game as part of her ongoing training. It maybe an Under 13 game but she will be supported by the Sydney West Ref officials.
you don't have the draw yet?.....i'm a bit lost by the support comment as well mate?

V

Vindíctam

The mighty Scots 14D have been beaten today.
Joeys 14D 14 Scots 12
As one of only 4 teams (out of 22) that beat Joeys in round 1, this is huge blow to the Scots program.

Meanwhile the glamor Joeys 13G's continued on their winning ways beating Scots 13F's 51-0. Great coaching from the Joeys Principal.

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Joeys v Scots 1st XV team lists (as published) shows that Porter is out for Scots (assume the shoulder injury sufferered against Riverview), Jake Prindiville shuffles from left wing back to Fullback, Harry Licence (11) gets the call up from the 2's. Crichton is named in the program at 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.