• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2014

Who will win...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Referee for scots vs shore game ended up being ridiculous in the decisions he made, very single sided to scots and I believe that costed shore the game.
What a lot of cobblers!
Are you a one eyed Shore supporter per chance?
The referee was absolutely fine.
If anything I thought he was very lenient in allowing Shore to slow the game so frequently with numerous injuries whenever Scots seemed to get some momentum.
Best keep your ill informed comments to yourself my friend.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Firstly let me say Shore deserved to win that game and I am a TSC supporter, they played a fantastic game, hearts on their sleeves..........Scots run it at all costs game was not suited to the conditions and full credit to Shore for the in your face defence....... the entire Shore team played very well, but the 9 and 12 were standouts.......... IMO the referee was the man of the match, I thought the pea was going to come out of his whistle........ must have been over 25 penalties ......... this rattled Scots even more with constant stop start in conjunction with the conditions......... GPS rugby is well and truly alive and well... wait for New to rally and bounced from the 101-0 result next week, it will be a very different close next week .... lets hope the ref lets the game flow.

Rob hart

Billy Sheehan (19)
Unfortunately, history is against you with this hope RH.:)

Agreed IS, the thing that gets to me these days is I get the knock-ons, I get the forward passes, but why does the ref have to set and re set a scrum after it collapses when the ball is out? Then they feel it necessary for the ref to give 2 minutes of coaching advice to the respective front rows every time it goes down......... if the ball is out why cant they just let it go? Why cant they play advantage at the breakdown and use their vocal cords ........ ''let it go scots , shore ball release now' at the top of their lungs rather than letting the infringing team (whomever it may be) get the ball then blowing the whistle then giving another coaching lesson, then setting two scrums then letting the game flow........ its killing the game at all levels.......... venting finished back to the vino.......

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
How many times has that joeys 15as team drawn with riverview ... 3 times this year unless I am mistaken.

In main game
Bit of a knock-on athon ... Blame it on conditions ... Both teams put on a fair show... Tom wright looked not 100% ... And Hutchinson proved difference with a brilliant solo try ... Oh well joeys tried to spoil views chances ... And maybe the injury to views good hooker , might just do it ...

Gregor

Ward Prentice (10)
Firstly let me say Shore deserved to win that game and I am a TSC supporter, they played a fantastic game, hearts on their sleeves....Scots run it at all costs game was not suited to the conditions and full credit to Shore for the in your face defence... the entire Shore team played very well, but the 9 and 12 were standouts.... IMO the referee was the man of the match, I thought the pea was going to come out of his whistle.... must have been over 25 penalties ... this rattled Scots even more with constant stop start in conjunction with the conditions... GPS rugby is well and truly alive and well. wait for New to rally and bounced from the 101-0 result next week, it will be a very different close next week .. lets hope the ref lets the game flow.
I must say Scots were lucky to get away with a win. Attempts at running rugby in the slops, particularly in the first half, by Scots resulted in too much dropped ball and turnover of possession. Shore played smarter footy. With the field so wet and muddy, Scots were slower than usual in their delivery of the ball to their outside backs. Shore were able to get up and into the faces of their opponents quickly, which nullified Scots bigger boys the opportunity to create space and get over the advantage line. One of Shores tries in the first half resulted from a dropped ball in Scots half, that Shore were able to kick ahead off the ground and beat the Scots defenders to the try line. It was an opportunistic try, but well deserved. Shores first try showed the determination, simplicity and patient strategy they brought to the game all day, where they camped themselves in Scots 22 and picked and drove into Scots forwards and inside backs for a good six to eight minutes to earn themselves a meat pie. Scots looked a little flustered at times and lacked patience. Attempting to run the ball in their own quarter in those conditions, was plain crazy. There are situations when kicking for field position is the best option. Scots did dominate the scrums, rucks and mauls, but kept trying to fling the ball wide, instead of playing the game in the forwards. It wasn't until the last 15 minutes of the game, that Scots started to play a more patient game, that resulted in a couple of late tries. Incidentally the last try was scored in the corner through the hands of Scots backs, but only after significant lead up work by the piggies.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
What
How many times has that joeys 15as team drawn with riverview . 3 times this year unless I am mistaken.

In main game
Bit of a knock-on athon . Blame it on conditions . Both teams put on a fair show. Tom wright looked not 100% . And Hutchinson proved difference with a brilliant solo try . Oh well joeys tried to spoil views chances . And maybe the injury to views good hooker , might just do it .
happened to Evan Pritchard? He's a fantastic player and it would be very unfortunate if he is injured! Would be very bad for riverview with shore and scots in the next 2 games!

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
.. IMO the referee was the man of the match, I thought the pea was going to come out of his whistle.... must have been over 25 penalties ... this rattled Scots

I thought it was a pretty ordinary display. There were penalties for obstructions, where there was no obstruction. Then let other genuine obstructions go. Just not consistent.

The reffing last week Shore V Joeys in the 1's was the best I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.