• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom McKen

Gather around men near and far on the wide world web for this week marks the maiden pure gps trials. I think scots will be sorely missing the formidable presence of S.Shady but I also believe that Kings will be advantaged by the return of the graceful J.Ratemahn
Feel free as always to let me know what you think

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Gather around men near and far on the wide world web for this week marks the maiden pure gps trials. I think scots will be sorely missing the formidable presence of S.Shady but I also believe that Kings will be advantaged by the return of the graceful J.Ratemahn
Feel free as always to let me know what you think

Shore v Joeys too close to call ?
On paper Joeys will steam roll the boys from Northbridge.. I hear the shore 1st lost against the 2nds in the internal trial ..
The lack of big muscle and a strong leader is going to be a big problem for Shore this season and Joeys are a big unit .. appreciate that this is a trial but its going to be uphill from here for shore.
Good luck.

Depth is a beautiful thing. You like your second 15 to be very good as well. But your information is wrong, the seconds played well though.

I would have thought Joeys would have easily accounted for Oakhill. That result we do know.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Thoughts on Newington vs Ignatius clash this weekend???

I'll take up your challenge Nectar leaning. This game should be a beauty even at the trial level although we can expect both teams to up the ante once the season proper commences. A chance for early bragging rights though and perhaps a morale booster (or otherwise) heading into their respective 1st round clashes.

There are some great match ups all over the park with the likes of Morrison, Hamilton & Gehrig going hard against the likes of Storey, Mannix & Pirrodi in the forwards & Noonan, Terry & Hurley v Long, Kennewell & Loga-Tarogi et al in the backs.

Given the apparent evenness on paper it could be a case of the proverbial who shows up on the day. Home ground advantage might be just enough for View to sneak over the line although that wasn't a recipe for success against Auggies last Saturday when they gave up a 17 points start before the combinations started to click. A similar sluggish start & New will no doubt capitalize.

Nateellis

Stan Wickham (3)
Mcgregor? Handcock?? Ronin? this seems like a under strength riverview team theyll need all solid players to clash with the solid pack of Piroddi chat

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
I'll take up your challenge Nectar leaning. This game should be a beauty even at the trial level although we can expect both teams to up the ante once the season proper commences. A chance for early bragging rights though and perhaps a morale booster (or otherwise) heading into their respective 1st round clashes.

There are some great match ups all over the park with the likes of Morrison, Hamilton & Gehrig going hard against the likes of Storey, Mannix & Pirrodi in the forwards & Noonan, Terry & Hurley v Long, Kennewell & Loga-Tarogi et al in the backs.

Given the apparent evenness on paper it could be a case of the proverbial who shows up on the day. Home ground advantage might be just enough for View to sneak over the line although that wasn't a recipe for success against Auggies last Saturday when they gave up a 17 points start before the combinations started to click. A similar sluggish start & New will no doubt capitalize.

Hi Tahspark,
I think you've summarised this weekends game perfectly. It will indeed be a very close game, however with Kennewell and Loga-Tarogi in the back line, I think that New will tame Views back line quite well. However, in the forwards, I think whichever team has the more dominant forward pack, will be the team that comes out on top.

Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions??

Captain Cabby

Stan Wickham (3)
Tips For This Week:

Shore vs Joeys: Joeys by 30+, as usual Shore will go out against Joeys aiming to loose the game.. Not a lot of promise at Shore this year..

Scots vs Kings: Scots 40+, Kings will be just as good as last year (terrible).. Scots have too many players from last year..

Newington vs Riverview: Riverview by 3, this should be a close one.. Not alot of promise in either team but should be a good hit out..

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
any thoughts on any aussie schoolboys from the GPS?? throw out some names

Newington: Sepesa Loga-tarogi #11/14 + Simon Kennewell #13/11/14
Riverview: Jack McGregor #10
Joeys: Tom Wright #15/11/14
Scots: Theo Strang #9 (easily eclipsed by Goddard from Oakhill) nonetheless if injury persists etc. could be in with a shot

Those would be my strong contenders having Loga-tarogi AND McGregor being apart of the Schoolboys team last year.

* Simply focusing on backs... limited knowledge on the big boys in the front

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Tips For This Week:

Shore vs Joeys: Joeys by 30+, as usual Shore will go out against Joeys aiming to loose the game.. Not a lot of promise at Shore this year..

Scots vs Kings: Scots 40+, Kings will be just as good as last year (terrible).. Scots have too many players from last year..

Newington vs Riverview: Riverview by 3, this should be a close one.. Not alot of promise in either team but should be a good hit out..

Interesting predictions .... Suggest your local supplier needs to tweak the formula on the next batch.

shortballking

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips For This Week:

I personally don't think any team would go out on the field aiming to lose would they? I do expect some grunt from the shore boys this weekend and i believe they will surprise many spectators, a team to watch.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tips For This Week:

Shore vs Joeys: Joeys by 30+, as usual Shore will go out against Joeys aiming to loose lose the game.. Not a lot of promise at Shore this year..
You may be right about the potential of the team but I challenge your assertion about them aiming to lose against Joeys. Any 1st grader at a GPS school puts heaps of effort just to get there let alone play in trials and comp games. Shore is no exception.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tips For This Week:

Nice bait Cc. Joeys might be slight favourites but I am expecting a close match. Some class backs in both teams. But there will be rain tomorrow and I would think that will make it even closer. Joeys aren't too special otherwise they wouldn't have been beaten by Oakhill. Too close to call.

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Newington's Lineup this weekend.

1. Jacob Storey
2. Teu Atiola
3. Opeti Helu
4. Tom Piroddi
5. Charlie Mannix
6. Tom Serhon
7. Christian Poidevin
8. Nathan Lawson
9. Matt Long
10. Bailey Kuenzle
11. Tyrone Taukamo
12. Cameron Murray
13. Simon Kennewell
14. Sam Gilfedder
15. Sepesa Loga-Tarogi

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Tips For This Week:

What makes you so certain of Shore and Kings being such a non dominant side this year?

Nateellis

Stan Wickham (3)
Newington's Lineup this weekend.

1. Jacob Storey
2. Teu Atiola
3. Opeti Helu
4. Tom Piroddi
5. Charlie Mannix
6. Tom Serhon
7. Christian Poidevin
8. Nathan Lawson
9. Matt Long
10. Bailey Kuenzle
11. Tyrone Taukamo
12. Cameron Murray
13. Simon Kennewell
14. Sam Gilfedder
15. Sepesa Loga-Tarogi

Where is Adam Goodman? he had a cracker of a game 2nds last week as well as Ned Stevens

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Where is Adam Goodman? he had a cracker of a game 2nds last week as well as Ned Stevens

Look I'm not sure how Ned Stevens played last week, but if you could tell me what position he played, I'll be sure to have a look at him this weekend.

Thanks,
Major R

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Hello Major R I believe he played in the front row, possibly tight head

Alright thanks,
I'll be doing a short match report for the 2nds, as well as my usual 1st XV report. If Ned plays well, I'm sure I'll give him a mention. Going along with this Newington vs Riverview match, who do you think the key players will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.