• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Back line sounds pretty good for me, although I think Simpson would have to be extremely close to GPS 1's at 7. He is big and powerful. Also the selectors would have to be keen on one or the other Riverview props, not overly big but they have dished up to both Newington and Joeys at scrum time so far. With the locks, what a selection problem with Gittoes, Pirrodi and McCauley all big, powerful and excellent in the lineout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be very interested to see the Kings front row take on Newington this weekend. They had no issue with scots or shore or the larger packs they had to contend with in earlier trials

Rugby from the backrow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Yep here we go in backs Wright F/B -J Sepessa W -N Prindiville W -S, Kennewell 13 -N , England 12- S McGregor 10- RV Strang 9,-S
Gehrig 8, Smith 7 Girdler 6 Gittoes 5, Horton 2 ,Props and #4 a lottery for me,possibly a couple of the Big Boppa's from the New front row.. Means GPS 2nds should have an awsome back line with talent left over if the selectors get it right..The Kings brothers are good 12&14,we have the Joeys, full back Clements and winger in great form as well as King at 13 , Murray12 from New, Mete from R/View,the only 2 in form from Shore in the backs are Rixon (15 or 11) and Patrick can play 10 ,13, 15,.Forwards Doyle ,Hedge maybe only chances. Good luck to all the players seeking selection.

I would question The Riverview boys Gehrig at No.8. Yes he is big and strong but there is more to playing 8 than a couple of runs. He was a centre last year from what I understand and has yet to learn about positioning in other aspects of the game

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
I would question The Riverview boys Gehrig at No.8. Yes he is big and strong but there is more to playing 8 than a couple of runs. He was a centre last year from what I understand and has yet to learn about positioning in other aspects of the game

If you watched the Joeys View game you would've seen that his game is very similar to Scots 2014 superstar Crichton in his running game, offload ability etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I agree with that, he has actually been playing 6 except for the joeys game when the regular 8 was out. Girdler has had a lot of time at 8 in his formative years, so if they want both then they can easily swap the 2 around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Well of course you're entitled to your opinion. I thought that when you play something you have to take the good with the bad - there is nothing to be humiliated about when you've been flogged in sport particularly when you've decided to have a go & turn up. Since when has there been an edict to stop somebody from playing sport because they might lose heavily? What a great lesson that is.

With respect to the competition, it might not be official but there is always the talk of in all years of whether it is trials or the comp. Just ask the coaches whether they view it as a competition.

Finally if you're playing football in the same age group & you're worried about getting hurt, you're probably playing the wrong game. Scrums are not contested if there is danger & I would like to know at what point do you decide your 'duty of care' kicks in? Some of those lower grades tackle very hard don't worry about that.
Dear herestorugby
As a father that had two lads go through SJC I realise that a lot of people put an undue amount of pressure on being in the 1sts. How about putting an amount of undue pressure on your sons education?
Sport is an adjunct to education... You know? " Healthy mind, Healthy Body?"

Do not place importance upon the junior end of things please. Many before you have tried. If you need clarification, make an appointment with Mr Tarlinton. I am sure he will resonate the same thoughts. To really make things easier, look up the listings of NSW/Aus Schoolboys and find out what they are all doing.
An SJC Old Boy stated that more orthopedic surgeons graduate each year than new S15 players. I know which pays better

T

themanger

Newington to beat kings 10+

Joeys to beat scots by 15+

View over shore in a close game

Excited to see if Newington's forward pack can pick it up this weekend, will be a good clash. Will be posting the team list soon.

Yours truly,

Themanger

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
seems like everyone putting the boot into the Scots 15As ... yes they might not be matching up to Joeys ... but some of the big stars are at Glenngary until back half of the year

what will be more interesting is how Joeys 15As fares against St Augustines

as I personally thought that Joeys were weak in this age group ... but they seem to be proving me wrong

St Augustines on the other hand have been red hot in this age group

so if Joeys can knock off Auggies in the 15As ... I will have to once again tip my hat at the Joeys rugby programme

personally I tip Auggies by 15+

and this will be one of the few games Joeys loses on Saturday

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Tips I can find so far, Interesting that King & New are split 5/5 and so too Shore and View 5/5 - Most are tipping Joeys to account for Scots, I am thinking Scots might upset this round.
GPS 1st tipping.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
seems like everyone putting the boot into the Scots 15As . yes they might not be matching up to Joeys . but some of the big stars are at Glenngary until back half of the year

what will be more interesting is how Joeys 15As fares against St Augustines

as I personally thought that Joeys were weak in this age group . but they seem to be proving me wrong

St Augustines on the other hand have been red hot in this age group

so if Joeys can knock off Auggies in the 15As . I will have to once again tip my hat at the Joeys rugby programme

personally I tip Auggies by 15+

and this will be one of the few games Joeys loses on Saturday

Actually, I think most of us are sticking up for Scots (except one SJC parent)

Interestingly, Riverview 15As defeated this Augustine's 15As side in the trials (their 1st defeat in a couple of years IIRC) a few weeks back.

Big Fella

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS Selections

Not sure who deserves to be picked. Guys who have been known for years will always keep being picked until a selector sees something in a newby.

Spectators will see what they want to see and question the logic and or suitability.

As Eric Rush states - "it is only one man's opinion". (Maybe a few more.)

Good luck to all - especially the newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.