• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

George Grant

Ward Prentice (10)
I think what he is trying to say is that one of riverview's key players is still yet to find full schoolboy form after coming back from surgery pre season (and was also injured for most of the game), along with three other very influential forwards. These additions to the team should se a much better team come next term. lets just see what happens round two for these two teams.

To add to that: View are yet to play with their preferred 15 players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
We have a roster for GPS (and CAS) but Azzuri had to pull out at the last moment and it was too late to contact the backup Nectarphiiac.

Similarly the writer for the Shore v View game had to pull out sick and the backup had already left for the ground but I only knew that when my convo wasn't answered.

It's like firefighting except that you have to light the fires.

If its not too late I will provide a report and some photos for the blog....

Nectarphiliac

Chris McKivat (8)
Very impressive show up for Newington in the GPS selection, with the whole team being picked for either GPS 1s, 2s, White or Blue, the only exception being Cameron Murray who would of definitely contested for a GPS 1s spot, however he was exempted due to League commitments.

What are we all thinking of the 1s and 2s team?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very impressive show up for Newington in the GPS selection, with the whole team being picked for either GPS 1s, 2s, White or Blue, the only exception being Cameron Murray who would of definitely contested for a GPS 1s spot, however he was exempted due to League commitments.

With the better players from High seeming to chuck their hat in the ring for CHS selection, and only about 3 or 4 from TAS and Grammar being of AAGPS representative standard, most of the 1st XV competition AAGPS Schools (6 x 1st XVs = 90 players) should be looking to get 10 or more players into the 68 representative positions available.

Do you recall how many State and National players were selected from the 2014 World Dominating Scots College 1st XV?

A good effort by the Wyvern Wearers none the less.

What about the 1's and 2's? There will be changes due to form, injuries and for combinations sake between the CAS and CHS games. These are trial games and only represent the view of one group of selectors.

The purpose of these trials is to allow the NSW SRU selectors to select 2 teams for National Championships. Inter association bragging rights are a simple side effect. Many players have been selected for higher representative honours from AAGPS 2s, and AAGPS 3s (Blues and Whites) in the past and this will continue to be the case, particularly when the representative selections are made so early in the AAGPS rugby season.

Good luck to all those involved in the trials. Remember it is only one blokes opinion and there is no guarantee that they will think the same way on a different day, or that a different bloke will think the same way.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)

GPS 1's seem pretty much right, the backs really picked themselves with good form, the forwards also seem strong. In 2's Mete the winger in 3's unlucky not to get a run, but the other 2 boys are also very good players. Not sure why Eddie King (13) from joey's not in a team ,is he injured? seems to good to miss out on one of the teams.
Cant see any bolters from Blue and White squads which seem to be a selection lottery after only 2 comp games.
Prediction GPS to win both games close in ones easy in two's.

Donotquestion

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS 1's seem pretty much right, the backs really picked themselves with good form, the forwards also seem strong. In 2's Mete the winger in 3's unlucky not to get a run, but the other 2 boys are also very good players. Not sure why Eddie King (13) from joey's not in a team ,is he injured? seems to good to miss out on one of the teams.
Cant see any bolters from Blue and White squads which seem to be a selection lottery after only 2 comp games.
Prediction GPS to win both games close in ones easy in two's.

Reports are that Eddy King #13 (j) broke his jaw on the weekend against scots.

Mr Scott

Peter Burge (5)
Looking fwd to watching the GPS vs CHS game on friday. As a former GPS student with current CHS players from the club i manage and coach in the team im very much looking forward to the clash.

Can anyone advise on times and location for friday game?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Welcome aboard Rod.
The Selection Trial games are being wanged on about in this thread:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...-trial-games-and-selections-2015.15259/page-7

Timings for Friday's AAGPS vs CHS (and others) games are:
Friday 19 June 2015 (Knox Grammar Curagul Field) Official NSWRU U18s Selection Trials
ISA II V AICES, 10:00 am
(2014 AAGPS (Blue) 31 def ISA II 24)(2013 ISA II 31 def NSW Cnty 19) [2012 CAS II 29 def ISA II 21]
CCC v CAS II, 11:10 am
(2014 CCC 24 def AAGPS (White) 17) (2013 GPS III def 50 CCC 21) [2012 CCC 17 def GPS III 14]
(2014 CAS II 38 def Country 10) (2013 CAS II 72 def AICES 5)[2012 NSW Cnty 64 def AICES 5]
ISA I v CAS I, 12:20 pm
(2014 ISA I 35 def CAS I 33) (2013 CAS I 39 def ISA I 12) [2012 CAS I 47 def ISA I 7]
AAGPS II v CHS II 1:30 pm
(2014 AAGPS II 24 def CHS II 7) (2013 GPS II 67 def CHS II 0) [2012 GPS II 38 def CHS II 7]
AAGPS I v CHS I 2:40 pm
(2014 AAGPS I 22 def CHS I 20) (2013 GPS I 57 def CHS I 5) [2012 GPS I 47 def CHS I 3]

If the weather is good and you can spring a leave pass from the Slave Labour Camp, there are few better ways to spend a Friday.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)

Count the numbers - most boys have been selected i.e. Joeys has 14/15 with King out due to broken jaw. Similar numbers for everyone else.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For those who worry about numbers, here is the breakdown by School of those players selected for the 71 positions from AAGPS schools to trial against approximately 160 boys from other Schools for one of the 46 positions in the NSW All Schools 1st and 2nd XV Rugby squads for National Championships.

E - 7
G - 3
I - 10
J - 13
K - 13
N - 14
S - 11

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To add to that: View are yet to play with their preferred 15 players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that the same would apply to every school wouldn't it? Rarely does anyone have their preferred XV on the park every week. The successful teams are those with the greatest depth who can adequately cover these absences.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
For those who worry about numbers, here is the breakdown by School of those players selected for the 71 positions from AAGPS schools to trial against approximately 160 boys from other Schools for one of the 46 positions in the NSW All Schools 1st and 2nd XV Rugby squads for National Championships.

E - 7
G - 3
I - 10
J - 13
K - 13
N - 14
S - 11

Late call up for Joeys so 14/15. Not that I am concerned about numbers just making the point that lots of schools have big numbers of players, as you would expect.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
Is there a difference between the blue and white teams? I would think blue should be better and that was the order of the list. (also Blue get the U18 city gig which I thought would be harder than U18 country) But both Jerseys have 3rd 15 on them. Anyone able to enlighten.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
would be curious to see the run of results in the Scots versus Joeys over last 5 seasons!

Tom Wright amazing runner, but his kicking on Saturday reminded me of my golf ... driver either connects and it is like a rocket, or it was a shank into the bushes

that younger Smith kid ... wasn't he in 15As last year ... he is good ... hope he gets more game time in 1sts in 2015

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is there a difference between the blue and white teams? I would think blue should be better and that was the order of the list. (also Blue get the U18 city gig which I thought would be harder than U18 country) But both Jerseys have 3rd 15 on them. Anyone able to enlighten.

I believe that the intention is that they are as equal as is possible. They essentially pick 2 x 3rd XVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.