• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2015

Who will win GPS 2015?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 29 Aug 15
1st & 2nd XV – E v N, I v S, J v K
3rd XV – Round 8 – E v N, S v A, J v K, I v H, G Bye

Tips
1st XV: N, S, J
3rd XV:E, A, J, I

Tipping Comp Format tips
NSJEIJEAJI

factanonverba

Frank Row (1)
Joeys v NEW (summary) https://twitter.com/JoeysRugby
Joeys 1st XV 27 Newington 1st XV 12
Joeys 2nd XV 34 Newington 2nd XV 10
Joeys 3rd XV 52 Newington 3rd XV 3
Joeys 4th XV 59 Newington 4th XV 0
Joeys 9th XV 15 Newington 5th XV 17
Joeys 10th XV 52 Newington 6th XV 0
Joeys 16A 41 Newington 16A 0
Joeys 16D 46 Newington 16B 19
Joeys 16G 21 Newington 16C 5
Joeys 15A 48 Newington 15A 7
Joeys 15B 57 Newington 15B 5
Joeys 15F 7 Newington 15C 7
Joeys 15G 45 Newington 15D 17
Joeys 14A 33 Newington 14A 0
Joeys 14B 78 Newington 14B 5
Joeys 14E 17 Newington 14C 36
Joeys 14F 36 Newington 14D 35
Joeys 13A 35 Newington 13A 17
Joeys 13B 65 Newington 13B 5
Joeys 13G 36 Newington 13E 15

surprising lack of depth for New

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
New going like a lot of schools in depth with soccer and AFL coming in,not looking too promising for the future of Australian rugby really.
Part of problem maybe the recruiting which has had lots of airtime, as kids getting dumped after playing years in the A's then dropped the last two years ,so they start looking at other sports,specially AFL.
Had pleasure to watch the Scots juggernaut on the week end, it was 47`0 at half time , as stated before they took off 3 stars ,Strang ,Mcauley,and Smith 2 min after half time when they scored again.It was men versus boys, Smith and Strang ran riot,the backs got great go forward ball and the backs did the rest.It would have been 100 points at this rate if they had not replaced more of their good players and i am pretty sure Scots didn't want the publicity again like the last time they thrashed Newington by 100 and open up that Hornet's nest .A depleted Shore team missing 7 players and then lost 12 Sinclair in first couple of minutes were no match.Captain Bragg tried hard up front as did their young year 10 prop Luke Edwards who has a big future .#13 Patrick was their best out back with some strong penetrating runs, would be interesting to see him perform in a strong team with good go forward ball.Shore 2nds had a good win would hope to see some changes at Shore but don't think the coaches have a clue what to do now .Corbett and Sam Allen return this week which should bolster the ranks a little.
Another two weeks of pain for the Shore supporters as New and Joeys are on radar next, Joeys are in top form at present pity we don't have Grand Final play offs , how good would that be !

Beard

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think it is a testament to a great competition when at this stage of the year 7 points 'for' and 5 points 'against' separate the top 3 teams.. as a Joeys supporter the rugby has been entertaining to watch every week, and all the boys need to be congratulated from all schools.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Round 9 Tips

1sts - NSK
2nds - NSK
3rd- EAKI

Azzuri, I will respectfully disagree with your tips this week! But we can meet up in the Dining Room post game to share a pie, or a sandwich, or a cream cake to either celebrate or commiserate before heading down to Jacks Bar. That's where the real Rugby Mums (all 15 of them) shine but don't stand in the way of them and a bottle of champagne with their finely honed rucking skills.;)

Game on big fella!

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Near-full footage of the Joeys v New 1st's game for anyone interested. Sensational hot day, was looking into the sun but with some cooling gusts of wind blowing right to left (enough to mess up some line out throws).

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
Azzuri, I will respectfully disagree with your tips this week! But we can meet up in the Dining Room post game to share a pie, or a sandwich, or a cream cake to either celebrate or commiserate before heading down to Jacks Bar. That's where the real Rugby Mums (all 15 of them) shine but don't stand in the way of them and a bottle of champagne with their finely honed rucking skills.;)

Game on big fella!

Hey Az,
Sounds like you better bring with you your chain-mail meshing, largest shield and your 6-foot broadsword!

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think it is a testament to a great competition when at this stage of the year 7 points 'for' and 5 points 'against' separate the top 3 teams.. as a Joeys supporter the rugby has been entertaining to watch every week, and all the boys need to be congratulated from all schools.

Beard ... Agree the top 3 teams are playing outstanding rugby and are a pleasure to watch, problem is it is now a 2 tier comp really, recruiters and Joey's versus the rest. Also Scots would have another 50 points in the "FOR" column if they didn't take their Aussie rep players off in the 2nd half, looks like the Mercy Rule has come into GPS rugby.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Hey Az,
Sounds like you better bring with you your chain-mail meshing, largest shield and your 6-foot broadsword!

Near-full footage of the Joeys v New 1st's game for anyone interested. Sensational hot day, was looking into the sun but with some cooling gusts of wind blowing right to left (enough to mess up some line out throws).

Great work Sidesteppa - I am particularly liking the new feature of Replays and some of your choice music.

Beard

Allen Oxlade (6)
Beard . Agree the top 3 teams are playing outstanding rugby and are a pleasure to watch, problem is it is now a 2 tier comp really, recruiters and Joey's versus the rest. Also Scots would have another 50 points in the "FOR" column if they didn't take their Aussie rep players off in the 2nd half, looks like the Mercy Rule has come into GPS rugby.

Well the mercy rule was officially introduced this year I believe, Joeys have been playing it.... our 3rds finished against High 1st XV with 12 men.... and I believe there was one of the lower grade games when the boys finished with 9 v 15 and still managed a nil against.

but I do take your point about the 50. but I think over the next two weeks New then Joeys will be facing a similar situation.

The has been

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree Beard, Both these teams could run up cricket scores, but i dont think they will be as generous as Scots and taking players off.
Is Kennewll out for long does anyone know, and what happened to the 5/8 before kick off ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Simon Kennewell is scheduled to depart to the Commonwealth Youth Games in Samoa very soon.

Will he be out of Team Rehab by then?

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)

Game on big fella!

@RM2....it's Ok if you disagree with me, I can't force you to be right..:D and you mean to tell me there are RM's 1 and 3-15 just sitting in the wings waiting to hose down their body weight in "one legged trouser dance tonic".

As for being the last line of defense between a pack of thirsty Joey's RM's in sharpened cerise and blue stiletto's and a bottle of shampoo, no problem!....as Caligula used to say......bring on the rucking!

See you at the game!

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Better believe it Azzuri….we are quite nice after the footy generally but with a a win (to us not agin us) combined with alcohol could turn Jacks into a massacre….be warned.

And sensible shoes only at the footy, stilettos have made too many chiropractors rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom