• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyPurist

Bob McCowan (2)
Add to that Brown and Jeavons Fellows. The great pity for many of these boys is that they were the victim of the worst coached NSW 1 side in living memory. The Newington and Cranbrook coaches created absolutely no structure or pattern. It is evident from the videos that natural talent got this team through to the final where they encountered a well drilled highly committed NSW2 side. The most disgraceful call out is that Jaffer Williams did not touch the ball in the final after being one of the most dangerous players all tournament. By contrast Rixon was superb. Players play, coaches coach - who created culture? On field leadership? Obvious that senior leadership on the field was lacking. Using Taukamo as a 12 battering ram has failed for New all year. His strength as a finisher is undeniable, coaching error. Denied T a spot for sure. Fenn plenty of carries but little support, Haskins playing behind an unstructured pack and substituted when his aggressive running game could have come into play late in games. Jeavons Felllows was everywhere when he was on yet not given opportunities. Terry a victim of limited game time as Crash 12 ball vs width was the clueless coaching pattern. Whist we should be proud of those who made sides from GPS, the fact that other players who missed selection have had their chances harmed by people who should be at pinnacle of Schools coaching...and one is from GPS. Immediately replace with the GPS coaches in Combined States - the bolters of the tournament who delivered structure and created passion.

S

sidelineview

From all reports the extra player added on the 14th August will be from a list of players under an injury cloud now. They will have time to prove their fitness.
Only one player will be added unless others are injured or become unavailable.

Rachet_84

Ward Prentice (10)
From all reports the extra player added on the 14th August will be from a list of players under an injury cloud now. They will have time to prove their fitness.
Only one player will be added unless others are injured or become unavailable.

Injury from national champs ? Or injury prior to national champs ? How many players actually fit into this equation ? Sounds like another set-up for the coach to get another targeted selection. Too bad if you injured , if you not available at the trials you miss out.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Injury from national champs ? Or injury prior to national champs ? How many players actually fit into this equation ? Sounds like another set-up for the coach to get another targeted selection. Too bad if you injured , if you not available at the trials you miss out.
I stand to be corrected but don't think lads can be called in if they weren't a member of a team that played in the Aussie champs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^ Corrected. Plenty of precedent for players that were not at Nationals due injury being called up.

Usually they are "well known" to the selectors.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^^ Corrected. Plenty of precedent for players that were not at Nationals due injury being called up.

Usually they are "well known" to the selectors.

well with with Rugby seasons yet to finish I dare say there will be lots of interest in what colorful "well known" schoolboy rugby identities are tapped on the shoulder to take the place of injured warriors checking into the Team Rehab ward.

Short Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
well with with Rugby seasons yet to finish I dare say there will be lots of interest in what colorful "well known" schoolboy rugby identities are tapped on the shoulder to take the place of injured warriors checking into the Team Rehab ward.

Without a doubt another opportunity for the G@G pundits to don their now field tested tin foil hats.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I am programmed to receive. I can check out any time I like but i will never leave....

Tinfoil.jpg

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
^^^^^
I thought I recognised you travelling incognito out at Iggies last week, Az!

And when too much Schoolboy Rugby is never quite enough, one Saturday to go before the resumption of "normal" programming, aka GPS Round 7 in the 1's and Round 6 in the 3's.

Understand that the Scots lads are due to play Waverly this coming Saturday in a 're-warm-up' game, ahead of (the 1's) top of the Table clash with Kings @ BH the following Saturday.

What about your Kingsmen, Az, or are they "warming up" by sunning themselves on some Fijian idyll? ;)

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Thanks for asking CJ.

Not satisfied with the usual hyper-baric-oxic-bole preparation undertaken by lesser mortals Kings uses old school methods to select the squad and test intestinal fortitude.

I can now exclusively reveal for the delectation of my fellow GAGR correspondents the secret selection processes used out at North Parramatta.

In keeping with the bucolic pursuits of the mighty Kingsmen a successful ride of the "Mare of Steel" guarantees that players are fully prepared for anything any opposition can dish out.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
I spotted the Kings dress uniform in the clip, but I didn't know it now included a veil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I spotted the Kings dress uniform in the clip, but I didn't know it now included a veil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry the one with the skirt is obviously from a long line of skirt wearing Scots....that's not a veil its her sporan.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Hugh's Law says that there will be at least two players who have been nominated for these teams that will be tapped on the shoulder by Team Rehab Selectors. This will happen before the tour, and once they are on tour.

It works at all levels. Shadow players have to remain fit, with a current passports, and within mobile phone coverage.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks for asking CJ.

Not satisfied with the usual hyper-baric-oxic-bole preparation undertaken by lesser mortals Kings uses old school methods to select the squad and test intestinal fortitude.

I can now exclusively reveal for the delectation of my fellow GAGR correspondents the secret selection processes used out at North Parramatta.

In keeping with the bucolic pursuits of the mighty Kingsmen a successful ride of the "Mare of Steel" guarantees that players are fully prepared for anything any opposition can dish out.

looks more like kamahl and hoges

Status
Not open for further replies.