• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
An update on Shores AFL,

Think the CAS boys are way better at this game.

afl1.png

Jim Belshaw

Bob Loudon (25)
For the benefit of those locked in Sydney like me, today's TAS v Shore in Armidale has attracted MSM attention. The Northern Daily Leader is the main daily in inland New England. I haven't commented on moves to restructure the GPS competition because I don't understand them nor on on discussions of the weakness of Junior Rugby in Sydney for the same reasons. It's all a bit too parochial for my liking. Perhaps if the Sydney schools did as much as TAS to promote Rugby things might be better http://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/4048243/super-referee-for-tas-mission/

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
^^^Shore have 3 AFL teams this year, (2 last year and 1 the year before). I understand that Newington will offer AFL as a sport to Year 7 next year.

But does Newington have the coaches, ovals and resources to field a competent Aussie Rules Programme. Its good to see sporting diversity, but numbers should occur at the expense of the bloated soccer programme, that has a excessive number of teams. Rugby numbers on the other hand need to be protected, if not increased. Other than that I have no problem with the introduction of Australian Rules. Particularly with school numbers now climbing I believe from 1350 to 1500 in the secondary School.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
And in breaking news out at Scots......in an unheralded move and in what is apparently an attempt to distance themselves from their Armani nickname, Scots have opened a new battle front in their desire to secure world domination in the Azzuri BBQ Challenge Cup. Scots top of the food chain burnt offering "The Works Burger" with a working mans price of only $8 is keenly priced to steal the lead from Joeys calorific catastrophe, the "Rowers Lot" ($10) and Newingtons portly priced, artery hardening "Big Newie"

Stay tuned for judges tasting notes.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
But does Newington have the coaches, ovals and resources to field a competent Aussie Rules Programme. Its good to see sporting diversity, but numbers should occur at the expense of the bloated soccer programme, that has a excessive number of teams. Rugby numbers on the other hand need to be protected, if not increased. Other than that I have no problem with the introduction of Australian Rules. Particularly with school numbers now climbing I believe from 1350 to 1500 in the secondary School.

The new Deputy is an Aussie Rules fan from Melbourne. The Head of Sport at the Prep played for the Swans. The AFL will supply anything that the school doesn't already have.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
The new Deputy is an Aussie Rules fan from Melbourne. The Head of Sport at the Prep played for the Swans. The AFL will supply anything that the school doesn't already have.

Thanks Quick Hands,Sounds like Rugby could be in trouble at Newington with such a cohort in leadership positions.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Watched Joeys tear the Shore backs apart.

McTaggart was electric. Wilkinson, Reilly and Jaffar-Williams also impressive. In the Joeys pack Ashhurst a stand out.

The Shore pack was solid, although got touched up in the scrum. The number 5 was yellow carded for being 35 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.