• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Joeys 21 Newington 7 full time
h
I cannot work that New 16As team out - on paper they look invincible. Running on they look huge. Yet they just don't see to be able to play as a team. The much smaller Joeys team took it to them across the park, dominated the scrums and out enthused them at the breakdown. Anyone from New have any insight?

Andrew B Cox

Sydney Middleton (9)
16as TKS v Shore. Kings winners 24-5. Four tries to one. kings scored two in each half, but played well into the wind in the second stanza.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I cannot work that New 16As team out - on paper they look invincible. Running on they look huge. Yet they just don't see to be able to play as a team. The much smaller Joeys team took it to them across the park, dominated the scrums and out enthused them at the breakdown. Anyone from New have any insight?

A number of recently arrived boys in key positions, playing GPS Rugby for the first time. Champion team ( Joeys)in round one playing Team of Champions( New). After round One the lack of GPS experience, will now be replaced by greater team cohesion and a a familiarity of their opposition and what to expect from this opposition in round two. They will now have a measure of their opposition.

I would expect improved results in round two. In this regard the situation reminds of Colts Rugby. Where star studded side of rep school boys of the previous year, can run into trouble from a experienced Colts side, who were schoolboy players of undistinguished reputations two or three years before.

However, time will tell, but I believe this team will be better for its experinces in round one. They have suffered no major defeats, nor have they achieved any major wins. Sometimes to win one, you have to lose one. The meaning being the value of experience that can never be discounted. In this regard, I neither surprised or disappointed as a New supporter with our 16As. Next year the I believe, this team will constitute the bulk of our 1st XV. Allowing them to develop into a highly competitive side for 2018.

Joeys playing the New 16As in round 2 at home, on a dry surface could be a very different game from the one just played.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
8 nil to Kings. Kings with a strong favourable wind. 80% of game played inside Shore 22..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.