• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uki

Frank Row (1)
Some nice rugby played at the Grammar Sch Tens Tournament yesterday, even if it lacked some beef pie with the ten a side format [^^]. The games were kept short [like sevens] otherwise the forwards would struggle;). The new Weigall pitch looked great and it was a terrific sunny day. Does anyone know if the LCD scoreboard was in arabic or sanskrit, I couldn't read any of it? I recorded some of the action, although i missed quite a few good tries. Alec Sheldon was impressive. St. Greg's Campbelltown beat Grammar in the final game, they had skill and electric pace, particularly their no. 15.

No 15 @ st Gregs is Brett Kelly-Wirth

Huly

Chris McKivat (8)
I understand that it is early days, and that it was a Sevens tournament, but Riverview are looking very strong and will be a force to be reckoned with this season following their performance at the Scots 7s today.

Fielded a very young squad with some new faces such as Will Grant (ex Kings boy) and Dom Easy (ex St Pius boy), and looked quite sharp. Their backline may turn out to be one of the best in the GPS (led by Terry and Pirina).

A lot of their pack should be returning this year as well (Rorke, Fenn, Cutler)

Keep an eye out for them. Though they may not be favourites on paper, they will give any team a hard day.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Will Terry was absolute fire. Pirina was impressive. They should probably be the GPS 1st XV centre pairing this year.

Re: this post on the Scots 7s thread, whilst other teams will also showcase quality centres, GPS 1s would be well served by a Terry/Pirina pairing.

Both are in their third year in View's 1st XV and they've gained experience alongside such quality team mates as Hutchison, Freeman and McGregor.

Terry is a strong athlete who possesses elusive qualities in attack and strong defence. Pirina is poised and runs elusive lines. Both have touches of class that should see them play at higher levels beyond the school gates.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
I heard on the weekend that TKS only has 3 x U13 rugby teams and 11 x U13 Soccer teams this year...

Say it isn't so Azzuri?

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Highlights from the Scots Sevens. i didn't watch all the games [or catch all the tries] but there's about 50mins of footage here....
The semifinals are at 29:43 View v Scots and 33:17 TKS v Kings Auck.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Highlights above are best watched in high definition.
The full index is:
0:00 Scots A v Canberra Grammar
1:16 Kings Auckland v Waverley
4:48 TKS v Palmerston North BHS
8:18 Lloyd McDermott v Sydney Boys High Sch
11:41 Scots A v Hunter Valley Grammar
14:36 Kings Auckland v Scots B
18:06 Palmerston North BHS v Scots C
21:04 Riverview v SBHS
23:16 Waverley v Scots B
25:23 TKS v Scots C
29:43 View v Scots A [semifinal]
33:17 Kings Auckland v TKS [semifinal]
37:47 Lloyd McDermott v Canberra Grammar
39:23 Waverley v Pamerston North BHS
40:01 Lloyd McDermott v Waverley [Plate]
45:17 Kings Auckland v Riverview

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
I heard on the weekend that TKS only has 3 x U13 rugby teams and 11 x U13 Soccer teams this year.

Say it isn't so Azzuri?

I can only go by the trials @GOIII. There were four TKS U13 Rugby squads (A through D) and 6 Soccer squads that played on 19/3/16. I would hazard a guess that the number of Rugby squads may increase by one before the comp proper gets underway.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Highlights above are best watched in high definition. you may need to click on the title to go to youtube then copy URL and open in a compatible browser [e.g. chrome] if you cannot get it to play in HD [eg safari].
The full index is:
0:00 Scots A v Canberra Grammar
1:16 Kings Auckland v Waverley
4:48 TKS v Palmerston North BHS
8:18 Lloyd McDermott v Sydney Boys High Sch
11:41 Scots A v Hunter Valley Grammar
14:36 Kings Auckland v Scots B
18:06 Palmerston North BHS v Scots C
21:04 Riverview v SBHS
23:16 Waverley v Scots B
25:23 TKS v Scots C
29:43 View v Scots A [semifinal]
33:17 Kings Auckland v TKS [semifinal]
37:47 Lloyd McDermott v Canberra Grammar
39:23 Waverley v Pamerston North BHS
40:01 Lloyd McDermott v Waverley [Plate]
45:17 Kings Auckland v Riverview

Excellent coverage @sidesteppa....your blood is worth bottling!

nswrugby123

Frank Row (1)
Grammar will have another tough year, got given a masterclass by a very weak St Aloysius side comprised mainly of their 2nds and 3rds, will hate to see how the GPS 3rds will give it to them. Alec Sheldon was very much talked up yet the aloysius 12 who apparently is in yr11 was all over him. Grammar just don't have it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.