• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Yeah good game and was a better effort by Shore than in the last encounter in Rd 2.

The blog on Round 7 is published here:

Give it a click.

Kings - does anybody at the ground know who scored the two tries v Scots.

Either Duckworth scored two - or he scored one and Burgess the other.

Don't quote the GPS site or the papers please - just what you saw.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Never underestimate Joeys, but TAS are in the box seat. The game is at Joeys next week, so they'll have the big home crowd to support them.

TAS have only conceded 25 points in their 6 games, so they will be a tough nut to crack. Looks like it will be a great game.

Myabe Joeys will reconsider their opposition to the 3rd XV competition if they win it?;)

Good luck TAS, see what you can learn out of this, they are damn bloody good..

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Never underestimate Joeys, but TAS are in the box seat. The game is at Joeys next week, so they'll have the big home crowd to support them.

TAS have only conceded 25 points in their 6 games, so they will be a tough nut to crack. Looks like it will be a great game.

Myabe Joeys will reconsider their opposition to the 3rd XV competition if they win it?;)

They won it last year!

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Would the real Rugby mum please stand up. It will confuse Azzuri otherwise!:confused:

The Rugby Mums are like Ninja. They take different forms (Avatars) , pop up from innocuous piles of leaves or leap backwards into tree tops, Phantom Agent style, when you least expect them.

If you want a sure fire way of luring out their leader, RM2, just mention Jimmy Choo!:cool: and she will reveal herself.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think rugby mum's post betrays the thinking at SJC: i.e. we've won that (which they had done before last year too) so we can "legitimately" call for an end to the comp

A great pity as the competition has been good for the game. It gives boys at 3 schools an authentic competition to play in and has involved TAS in GPS rugby for the first time for a long while.

The reason seems to be that they don't like organising buses to different places, but as no one can match Joey's 40 odd teams this will happen no matter what form rugby takes.

This has been the most even GPS competition for years, so to me it seems an odd time to countenance change.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Is Ninja the correct plural for ninja?

I don't know, but I do know that apostrophe man has been alerted to the post in question.

Apostrophe-man.col1.png

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Is Ninja the correct plural for ninja?

Good question....and in hindsight I have corrected my post based on the African Big 5 format which doesn't seem to provide any distinction between the singular and plural.

However given we are talking about RM2 and the Joey's sisterhood we could go for the collective term a "Frothing Mouth of Ninja" which would also be equally correct.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
What about "RM's"? I would've thought if ANYONE knew about the correct use of the apostrophe it'd be those connected to The King's School. :rolleyes:

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
What about "RM's"? I would've thought if ANYONE knew about the correct use of the apostrophe it'd be those connected to The King's School. :rolleyes:

Yes indeed and corrected, again!

Sheeeet! when did they issue you blokes with your spelling swastikas?
image.jpeg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It's a tough school on this thread isn't it?:)

Back to the football - some big games coming up this weekend.

Can the Kingsmen defeat the Joe boys and stay within striking distance of the premiership?

Can Shore crack it for a win at home?

Will Scots take another step towards the title, or will the big crowd at back to Newington day lift the black and whites?

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
It's a tough school on this thread isn't it?:)

Back to the football - some big games coming up this weekend.

Can the Kingsmen defeat the Joe boys and stay within striking distance of the premiership?

Can Shore crack it for a win at home?

Will Scots take another step towards the title, or will the big crowd at back to Newington day lift the black and whites?

And the QH tips are??

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
SJC v Kings. Last game Kings seem to have the edge in the forwards, while Joeys outside backs in particular kept the scores close. Kings holding on in the end. I think we will see the same this weekend except Joeys backs now much more settled and with Wilkinson, McTaggart and J Williams, with strong rep performances, should be a stronger and more confident attacking force. But as the cliché goes - forwards win matches and Kings have the edge still. Late in the game against Scots, Kings forwards retained phase and had Scots going backwards. Early on Kings were going wide after one two two phases and seemed to lack penetration besides Orpens typical straight running at #12. Kings only then seem to have one other option in the backs and at that is to go to Osborne. Scots seemed to know this and were up on him most of the game. Osbornes is a great broken field runner and kick returner but Kings plays (and playmakers) lack something to make space for him to work in. The big question is what has happened at SIC ? Beating Kings, leading the comp and short priced favourites then 3 losses on the trot.

Status
Not open for further replies.