• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby U/16 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve J. Brown

Frank Row (1)
Insane Usain is looking threatening as always on the field. He seems to be currently in the best form in the comp, with his exceptional speed and phenomenal pilfering ability. For those who are not familiar with the nickname "Insane Usain", it is referring to Max Mansfield, the dark horse of the GPS tournament. Believe it or not, but his name is being thrown around in the Australian Schoolboys thread as well.

He seems to be making quite the impression.

- Steve J. Brown

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
.... click here for details....

Sydney U16 Team
Jersey Player School Assoc Club Team District
2 Sam Cater Shore GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
3 Tierney Glasson Joeys GPS Hillview Eastwood
4 Tobias Rudolf Scots GPS Randwick Southern Districts
5 Paddy Olver Shore GPS Lane Cove Gordon
6 Jum Woodhill Shore GPS Chatswood Gordon
7 Conor Menzies Riverview GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
10 Jack Clancy Shore GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
12 Tom Molloy Riverview GPS Lane Cove Gordon
14 Jack Hayson Riverview GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
15 Nic Clancy Shore GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
16 Evan Pritchard Riverview GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
19 George Lehmann Kings GPS Beecrft-Chrybrk Eastwood
21 Hugh Taylor - GPS Beecrft-Cherybrk Eastwood

NSW Schools U16 Team
Jersey Player School Assoc Club Team District
2 Hosea Fotukava Riverview GPS Chatswood Gordon
3 Vunipola Fifita Newington GPS - -
5 Angus Crichton Scots GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
9 Harry Emery Shore GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
11 Mason Cohen Joeys GPS Chatswood Gordon
12 Bill Freeman Riverview GPS Mosman Northern Suburbs
14 Henry Hutchinson Riverview GPS Lindfield Gordon
15 James Kane Kings GPS Chatswood Gordon
16 Jono Bourke Kings GPS Waratahs Hunter
18 Jack Bowditch Riverview GPS Chatswood Gordon
19 David Ballantyne Kings GPS Hawkesbury Valley Penrith
23 Jack McGregor Riverview GPS Lindfield Gordon

School # Selected
Riverview 9 (Juniors 4 – Schools 5)
Shore 6 (Juniors 5 – Schools 1)
Kings 4 (Schools 3 Juniors 1)
Joeys 2 (Juniors 1 – Schools 1)
Scots 2 (Juniors 1 – Schools 1)
Newington 1 (Schools 1)
Not a bad haul, but interesting break up of the talent.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have only listed the boys attending GPS Schools, 'cause this is the GPS U16 thread.

For a full list visit the National Under 16 thread, or alternately click in the green and tan (light gold) bit at the top of message #154 to go there automatically.

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
Can I just point out that grammar 16As have won all but one of their pre season games and have just returned from a tour of the south island of new Zealand where they were undefeated and played some ridiculously good rugby. One of their scalps included the number 2 placed schoolboy team in christchurch. The team has gelled incredibly well and they shouldn't be taken lightly by any team this season.
Bite the pillow gps, grammars coming in hard and dry.

Openside

Stan Wickham (3)
Shore u16A whats there team like? I know shore have some talent in that age group but are they placed in opens? Or do they remain in the 16s

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Shore u16A whats there team like? I know shore have some talent in that age group but are they placed in opens? Or do they remain in the 16s

Missing Woodhill, Emery, Jack & Nick Clancy to opens. Won't beat Joeys or Kings but could finish third. Without a doubt Shores strongest year group since 07.

Openside

Stan Wickham (3)
Can I just point out that grammar 16As have won all but one of their pre season games and have just returned from a tour of the south island of new Zealand where they were undefeated and played some ridiculously good rugby. One of their scalps included the number 2 placed schoolboy team in christchurch. The team has gelled incredibly well and they shouldn't be taken lightly by any team this season.
Is this the same u16A Grammar team that struggled to down Waverleys 16Bs?

S

Sydneybra

I have heard the same thing and I truly believe they can crush their more favoured opponents based on their raw want for the win... dont underrate this team I have seen them play they are generally impeccable. Dont write this team off early and I hear their member who performed extremely well for the U/16 2nd XV side is working wonders in the centres. Dark horses of the competition.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I couldn't imagine Shore going down to Grammar in the 16s... they are far too strong for that. On what random2 said, they are missing Nathan Lucas who is playing opens 2nd XV.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
From Gold Coast Carnival:
Under 16 Purple

Tuesday games
Scots U16 v The Southport School U16 - 35-0 to Scots
Hamilton BHS (NZ) U16 v Scots U16 - 12-0 to Hamilton

Yesterday
Scots U16 v Gold Coast JRA U16 - 16-5 to Scots
Scots U16 v NSW Country U15 - 18-12 to Scots

Saturdays Final in U16 will be Hamilton BHS (NZ) v Scots U16 at 10:50 am

G

Grammarar

Just to clear up a few things about Grammar rugby:
''Is this the same u16A Grammar team that struggled to down Waverleys 16Bs?''
This match (Three tries-zero to Grammar) cannot be taken into account due to the absolutely horrid conditions the team was playing in. Both teams were drowning in mud and water and it was impossible to construct any structure or phase play. A dogfight, really.

''I have heard the same thing and I truly believe they can crush their more favoured opponents based on their raw want for the win. dont underrate this team I have seen them play they are generally impeccable. Dont write this team off early and I hear their member who performed extremely well for the U/16 2nd XV side is working wonders in the centres. Dark horses of the competition.''
The member who plays U/16 GPS 2nd XV is Gorry, who unfortunately for the 16A team will be playing in Grammar Open 1's as a No. 8. I do agree on Grammar's raw want for the win, and I imagine the team has drawn much confidence from their wins in New Zealand, but against the stronger GPS schools (Kings, View, Shore, Joeys), sheer heart can't make up for a lack of team-wide lack of size.

I think that Grammar may have a chance against the Newington side providing the boys in black and white are performing as they did last year and without fresh imports, but Scots will be much more difficult to overcome.

J

Jeremy l.

Did alot of this u 16 GPS Presidents Backline make the sydney and schools team? who missed out?

S

Sydneybra

Many people are truly underestimating this Newington side. Beating Trinity, no easy feat, 29-19 on the weekend and drawing with the much acclaimed Shore U16 side I believe they are showing their true potential. The game against Shore New had control nearly every minute, the only reason they went down was because of the wet, slippery conditions where their very fast and skilled backs along with lighting open side flanker, Ed Pollitt who won the U16 GPS 200m, couldnt capitalise on their various opportunities. A kick on full time which would have sealed the game for Newington out in front of the posts was missed sadly by their aggressive 5/8 and Shore were lucky to scamper away with a draw. I have witnessed this Newington side over the years develop and I think this could be the year they come together and gel perfectly. The team would be further strengthened by Matt Serhon and Vunipola Fifita who are both playing 2nd XV. Would not be surprised if New do end up placing 1st this year.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Many people are truly underestimating this Newington side. Beating Trinity, no easy feat, 29-19 on the weekend and drawing with the much acclaimed Shore U16 side I believe they are showing their true potential. The game against Shore New had control nearly every minute, the only reason they went down was because of the wet, slippery conditions where their very fast and skilled backs along with lighting open side flanker, Ed Pollitt who won the U16 GPS 200m, couldnt capitalise on their various opportunities. A kick on full time which would have sealed the game for Newington out in front of the posts was missed sadly by their aggressive 5/8 and Shore were lucky to scamper away with a draw. I have witnessed this Newington side over the years develop and I think this could be the year they come together and gel perfectly. The team would be further strengthened by Matt Serhon and Vunipola Fifita who are both playing 2nd XV. Would not be surprised if New do end up placing 1st this year.

No chance, a draw against a severely understrength Shore side is nothing to be proud of. Will continue to struggle against Joeys, Kings and Scots this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.