• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hey RL, seems like the number nine jersey is there up for grabs with a fair few players that I am unfamiliar with. Suprised to see that Bolivia's son is not there in the mix especially after his past achievements making the u12 NSW side a while back. Anyways thats all from me, all the best to the Brook.

Mr S

Mr Serious,

According to Barker3peat, it's all over the CAS 1st XV Comp has already been won by Barker for 2020!
"Daylight Second!"

The Barker 2nds and 16as were apparently robbed at Barker v the Waves, which infers they should have won and were better teams.
They probably were better teams , let's just wait and see this year.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Mr Serious,

According to Barker3peat, it's all over the CAS 1st XV Comp has already been won by Barker for 2020!
"Daylight Second!"

The Barker 2nds and 16as were apparently robbed at Barker v the Waves, which infers they should have won and were better teams.
They probably were better teams , let's just wait and see this year.

I guess we will all have to wait and see how this "barker3peat' will go considering that waverly will be very strong aswell as knox. I wonder if Barker have the same coach as last year that was involved in that "cheating" incident against the brook ? Im sure Rugby League would have an input on this.

Mr S

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
I guess we will all have to wait and see how this "barker3peat' will go considering that waverly will be very strong aswell as knox. I wonder if Barker have the same coach as last year that was involved in that "cheating" incident against the brook ? Im sure Rugby League would have an input on this.

Mr S

Cheating? Read the CAS by laws Mr S (does that stand for Scott perhaps?)

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Cheating? Read the CAS by laws Mr S (does that stand for Scott perhaps?)

Well Barker3peat I don't know what your understanding of cheating is but my definition of cheating is; having your halfback and trainer (waterboy) hooked up with earpieces under their headgear or hat whilst listening to orders from the head coach during the game and putting those orders into action.

Im sure someone could agree with this.

Mr S

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Well Barker3peat I don't know what your understanding of cheating is but my definition of cheating is; having your halfback and trainer (waterboy) hooked up with earpieces under their headgear or hat whilst listening to orders from the head coach during the game and putting those orders into action.

Im sure someone could agree with this.

Mr S

I'd like to remind Barker3peat of the Oxford definition of cheating: 'to act in a dishonest way in order to gain an advantage'. Hence, I'm in agreement with Mr. S on this one. Perhaps the coaching staff at Barker didn't realise that they were cheating with this whole earpiece scenario, yet they certainly have. In my opinion this scandal forever taints Barker's premiership win last year and the current program.

User151515

Frank Row (1)
Predicted Barker 16A team-

1. Sam Sayhoun NSW
2. Bryn Edwards 16A, NSW
3. Euan Robertson 15A
4. Lachie Hooper NSW 16s
5. Adam Van Wyk 15A
6. Wil Kennedy?
7. Tom Livingston 15A, NSW
8. Harry Davis 16A
9. Finlay Marks 15A
10. Archie Warneford !6A
11. Jono Reid' 16A
12. Eli Sagala 15A, NSW
13. Wil Kennedy? 15A, NSW
14. Jakob Biet 15A, NSW
15. Jack Colbran CAS 16s, NSW

With a number of year 11 boys returning to play for the 16s and a number in contention for firsts teams the Barker 16 A's are looking extremely strong and hard to beat with a number of NSW players and a loaded forward pack and backline.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Predicted Barker 16A team-

1. Sam Sayhoun NSW
2. Bryn Edwards 16A, NSW
3. Euan Robertson 15A
4. Lachie Hooper NSW 16s
5. Adam Van Wyk 15A
6. Wil Kennedy?
7. Tom Livingston 15A, NSW
8. Harry Davis 16A
9. Finlay Marks 15A
10. Archie Warneford !6A
11. Jono Reid' 16A
12. Eli Sagala 15A, NSW
13. Wil Kennedy? 15A, NSW
14. Jakob Biet 15A, NSW
15. Jack Colbran CAS 16s, NSW

With a number of year 11 boys returning to play for the 16s and a number in contention for firsts teams the Barker 16 A's are looking extremely strong and hard to beat with a number of NSW players and a loaded forward pack and backline.

Looks like a very strong team for that age group due to the amount of NSW boys they have in that team. I believe waverly 16as will also be extremely strong this year after seeing the u15 NSW teams from last year there are quite a few familiar faces there aswell as a few new boys that have moved there through the Rosters Harrold Mathews team. My young boy has just started at the school he tells me about all the big "fobs" walking around the school, I thought that was quite amusing. Anyways Im sure they will have plenty of depth across all age groups as WLF has stated in past posts will be a cracka of a age group to watch.

Mr S

Referees_rule

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to be back fellas, I believe that we are in store for another cracker CAS season. I noticed that there had been a few predicted line-ups popping up around the forum, so I thought I ought to do do one for the Brook.

1XV Cranbrook

1. Ben Jones
2. Nosa Obaseki
3. Benny Fella
4. Sam Nicholas
5. Archie Hyles
6. Saxon Purcell
7. Max White
8. Jack Ryan
9. Will Gerstl/Max Tilley/Harrison Gibbons
10. Will Clunies-Ross
11. Pete Marcellos
12. Zac McConnell
13. Liam Sartena
14. Will Siriano
15. Ethan Flanagan

It's quite a versatile team for Cranbrook this year. There are abundant amounts of utility forwards with players who can play anywhere in the pack, so there might be some change come Round 1. The half-back position seems to be a spot of contention, with the departure of premier halfback Tas Smith leaving a hole. Similarly to the forwards the backs have great move-ability and aside from the ball-handling heavy roles there is great depth. A large proportion of the total playing 23 will feature players from the 16A's who lost a few close games including Waverley's closest game of the season. Some notable exclusions include Matteo Baldwin (ankle injury) and Oliver Torrance (excessive weight- reportedly took the bulking season to seriously).

See you on the sideline,
RL

Looks like a good team RL. I will be a keen viewer of Trinity v Brook this year at Summer Hill.

Scheduled for Old boys day at Trinity, and also i'm hearing of some bad blood stemming from the recent CAS Cricket competition.Im sure that will just make the game even more interesting and intense. No doubt the boys in green will be up for a big one. Keen to see it!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
It’s interesting that Waverley again appears to be talking up their chances after coming 4th last year and having basically the same team. Barker retains the majority of their 2019 premiership winning 1st XV team and their formidable 2nds and 16a’s that only lost due to some dubious refereeing calls and are barely talking the same level.

Expect a 3peat for the first time for many years in CAS this year- with daylight second.

Mr B3P,

I believe you are definitely onto something with your 3peat prophecy, but 1 slight problem...
it will cover 2020, 2021 and 2022, so it won't be the red men!

concernedcranbrookmum

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone got any lineup predictions for the other side of the bridge ie. Aloys and Knox.

But rumours have been spread about a Cranbrook cricketer playing rugby and he apparently is a unit? Can someone confirm this for me!

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Anyone got any lineup predictions for the other side of the bridge ie. Aloys and Knox.

But rumours have been spread about a Cranbrook cricketer playing rugby and he apparently is a unit? Can someone confirm this for me!

On terms of units I hear a young buck from Knox that is 16 this year is contending for the number 12 jersey after training with the 1stXV all year round last year to get use to the physical contatct but was too young to get a game. Going off past posts about this young indigenous unit his name is Jarrah Mcleod who represented the indigenous NSW u16 team last year playing up an age, aswell as lately being recruited by the junior bulldogs. Excited to see where his future takes him.

Mr S

Barkerdad101

Frank Row (1)
Here's my Aloys predicted 1st XV

1. Leodaritsis (3XV)
  2. Fernie (3XV)
  3. Winters (1XV)
  4. McDonagh (16A)
  5. Clarke (16A)
  6. Mathias (16A)
  7. Newton-John (2XV)
  8. Shiel-Dick (1XV)
  9. Sidgreaves (1XV)
  10. Wood (16A)
  11. Simos (Injury)
  12. Bruton (16A)
  13. Besgrove (2XV)
  14. Jones (N/A)
  15. Wicks (2XV)

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Here's my Aloys predicted 1st XV

1. Leodaritsis (3XV)
  2. Fernie (3XV)
  3. Winters (1XV)
  4. McDonagh (16A)
  5. Clarke (16A)
  6. Mathias (16A)
  7. Newton-John (2XV)
  8. Shiel-Dick (1XV)
  9. Sidgreaves (1XV)
  10. Wood (16A)
  11. Simos (Injury)
  12. Bruton (16A)
  13. Besgrove (2XV)
  14. Jones (AFL)
  15. Wicks (2XV)

Quite interesting team with only 3 boys that were in the 1XV last year. Last years 16A's side must not have been the strongest side with only 4 predicted to be in the team but you can never underestimate the aloys boys. WLF can agree on this after watching the 1XV waverly vs aloys game down at QP1 last year, boy what an upset that was seeing waverly go down to the aloys boys on their own home ground.

Mr S

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Quite interesting team with only 3 boys that were in the 1XV last year. Last years 16A's side must not have been the strongest side with only 4 predicted to be in the team but you can never underestimate the aloys boys. WLF can agree on this after watching the 1XV waverly vs aloys game down at QP1 last year, boy what an upset that was seeing waverly go down to the aloys boys on their own home ground.

Mr S

Spot on MS,

Aloys were terrific at QP last year and should never be underestimated, there always give us grief, maybe it's a Catholic thing!

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Rumours floating around down at Latham Park last night whist my young boy was training that multiple scholars from Waverly that were in the 1XV team last year are now focusing on their future Rugby Leauge Rooster aspirations, therefore mucking around in the 3XV this season coming. This will leave a big hole in size for their team after loosing Matt chapman and Miles Amestro and now some big scholars.

Mr S :)

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Rumours floating around down at Latham Park last night whist my young boy was training that multiple scholars from Waverly that were in the 1XV team last year are now focusing on their future Rugby Leauge Rooster aspirations, therefore mucking around in the 3XV this season coming. This will leave a big hole in size for their team after loosing Matt chapman and Miles Amestro and now some big scholars.

Careful of rumours MS, the boys you are talking about re roosters, were at training yesterday afternoon in the 1st/2nd squad training, I saw them!
There is no way that boys are allowed to go to a school and not play for that school, otherwise why be at that school.
Unless they were playing 1st grade for a league team, which they are not,and I would think this applies to many schools.

The 2 boys you mentioned, that have left, have replacements just as good if not better, so there is no hole, in fact picking the teams this year will be very difficult in every position.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

I've seen the same thing happen (although not on the scale you imply) and it is very hard for the school to motivate those students into playing at 1st XV level.
The best way forward is to have a combined approach between the Leagues Club and the school that it is better for the players' future to be playing at the top rugby levels.
I also have a fear of top athletes 'mucking around" at 3rd XV levels. It leads to injury, both to the opponents and the switched-off top athlete.

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
Careful of rumours MS, the boys you are talking about re roosters, were at training yesterday afternoon in the 1st/2nd squad training, I saw them!
There is no way that boys are allowed to go to a school and not play for that school, otherwise why be at that school.
Unless they were playing 1st grade for a league team, which they are not,and I would think this applies to many schools.

The 2 boys you mentioned, that have left, have replacements just as good if not better, so there is no hole, in fact picking the teams this year will be very difficult in every position.

You raise a fair point here WLF, but what about that boy from Queensland now signed by the south sydney rabbitohs goes by the name of Byron Parnell, im pretty sure he played half the season in the 3XV after watching him destroy knox in the 3XV. Although, if you have a look at Jack Maddocks schoolboy career he was playing 3XV for Scots whilst on a scholarship, with his mates and now playing super rugby. So ......

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
You raise a fair point here WLF, but what about that boy from Queensland now signed by the south sydney rabbitohs goes by the name of Byron Parnell, im pretty sure he played half the season in the 3XV after watching him destroy knox in the 3XV. Although, if you have a look at Jack Maddocks schoolboy career he was playing 3XV for Scots whilst on a scholarship, with his mates and now playing super rugby. So ..

MS, to be fair I am not sure that the 1st or 2nd XV missed out here, 3rds are very different, as I'm sure you know.

The current boys I was referring to,and I think were the rumours you had heard, are certainly engaged at the top level.
In fact,the way they have embraced the school and lead from the front is very nice to see, clearly they can see that they have been given a good leg up in life, if only more people were like this.

People luv spreading rumours, why I don't know, because they are nearly always counter productive and nasty.