• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2020

Waverley Till I Die

Bob McCowan (2)
Predicted lineup Waverley College 16 A's
1. AJ Preketes - NSW
2. Jasper Doyle
3. Metui Fuka - NSW
4. Pat Hoggett
5. Jesse Sonego
6. Baxter Senior - NSW
7. Ethan Halatokua - NSW
8. Lucius Cappadona
9. Tom Martin (c) - NSW
10. Nick Quinn
11. Ronan Schocher
12. Noah Kulscar
13. TJ Speedy-Coe - NSW
14. Leon Bakis
15. Dane Towns - NSW

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
What would the start of the schoolboy rugby season be like without half the posts from Waverley dads talking up their seasons chances....

It’s all so amusing. Other CAS schools probably just shouldn’t show up in the 1st, 2nd and 16A’s comp. Sounds like it’s a fait accompli!

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Heck WTF what else to do during those moments of intense work boredom.....the virus will most likely kill off the season anyway.....let them have some fun!!

Reactions: WLF

Barker3peat

Stan Wickham (3)
What would the start of the schoolboy rugby season be like without half the posts from Waverley dads talking up their seasons chances..

It’s all so amusing. Other CAS schools probably just shouldn’t show up in the 1st, 2nd and 16A’s comp. Sounds like it’s a fait accompli!

What else would we expect?

The gloating before the season commences On Green and Gold is a Waverley dad tradition. The walk of shame as they come 4th to finish the season becomes even more deafening then though.

All this talk about Waverley, the Barker teams are going to be the toughest challenge of the year for everyone.

Can’t wait to watch the Scots game, but the Kings game is one of the boys focus at the moment!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
What would the start of the schoolboy rugby season be like without half the posts from Waverley dads talking up their seasons chances..

Welcome back WTF,

I think Barker3peat has surpassed everyone with his "Daylight second" proclamation.

I also wish other teams supporters would help fuel the fire, after all, this is just a banter forum IMO coupled with the occasional piece of useful info , so you should be grateful that the Waves followers say something, otherwise the CAS page would be dead.

The Barker followers are certainly present but where is everyone else?

R

RuggerFan1

You raise a fair point here WLF, but what about that boy from Queensland now signed by the south sydney rabbitohs goes by the name of Byron Parnell, im pretty sure he played half the season in the 3XV after watching him destroy knox in the 3XV. Although, if you have a look at Jack Maddocks schoolboy career he was playing 3XV for Scots whilst on a scholarship, with his mates and now playing super rugby. So ..

Mr S :)

jack maddocks was not on a scholarship for rugby

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Welcome back WTF,

I think Barker3peat has surpassed everyone with his "Daylight second" proclamation.

I also wish other teams supporters would help fuel the fire, after all, this is just a banter forum IMO coupled with the occasional piece of useful info , so you should be grateful that the Waves followers say something, otherwise the CAS page would be dead.

The Barker followers are certainly present but where is everyone else?

Thanks WLF, I think that the others are perhaps being humble, waiting for some rugby to actually take place before predicting a whitewash for their schools.

Apart from 3peat, who as far as I can see is just shit stirring, no other school is tooting their horn just yet.

We will have a good year, however, how it compares to other schools and other years will remain to be seen. I am certainly not going to predict a third year undefeated in CAS or a premiership. I’ll let others push their own barrel, it is far more satisfying to sit back and watch it all happen than to go too early. Kind of like predicting a Sydney A Grade U16’s result before the season starts, you may end up looking a little silly in the end.....

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Thanks WLF, I think that the others are perhaps being humble, waiting for some rugby to actually take place before predicting a whitewash for their schools.

Apart from 3peat, who as far as I can see is just shit stirring, no other school is tooting their horn just yet.

We will have a good year, however, how it compares to other schools and other years will remain to be seen. I am certainly not going to predict a third year undefeated in CAS or a premiership. I’ll let others push their own barrel, it is far more satisfying to sit back and watch it all happen than to go too early. Kind of like predicting a Sydney A Grade U16’s result before the season starts, you may end up looking a little silly in the end...

I don't see any issue in predicting fortunes as non of us can influence anything, as I said it is just banter.
My point is not who predicts what but what do others think about their teams, any interesting news worth sharing, etc.
That was my point about others contributing, otherwise if we all sit back and do nothing the site need not exist, boring.

P.S. You may notice that I haven't listed any team and have said many times it's way too early prior to the CAS comp starting,the GPS games will help reveal all . I did retort to Barker3peat about winning 3 years straight from 2020, that too was stirring the stirrer!

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
With all this talk about coronavirus, perhaps the season might not even happen. Maybe all 6 of the schools go on an extended tour of the Northern Territory and play out the season in isolation ;) . We could even send WLF and Mr. Serious with a camera and they could livestream it back to us folks at home!!! I'm telling you, with all this social media business the world's gone crazy.

Stay safe,
RL

Mr Serious

Peter Burge (5)
With all this talk about coronavirus, perhaps the season might not even happen. Maybe all 6 of the schools go on an extended tour of the Northern Territory and play out the season in isolation ;) . We could even send WLF and Mr. Serious with a camera and they could livestream it back to us folks at home!!! I'm telling you, with all this social media business the world's gone crazy.

Stay safe,
RL

Ha Ha quite the sarcastic bugger you are RL, but I would have to agree with you about all this drama going on about the Corona virus the season may even be cancelled as super rugby is looking like it will as well. Would be such a shame to those boys in year 12 especially the boys at Waverly as majority of those boys are still in school just to play schoolboy rugby, not worrying about HSC. Will be a shame if the season does end up being suspended due to this virus. Fingers crossed.

Michael_Pooper

Stan Wickham (3)
Too true RL!

The other half told me she'd seen some people hauling in around 20 bottles of tomato sauce. Next thing you know I'll be wiping my ass with all the Waverley programs I've received over the years.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Ha Ha quite the sarcastic bugger you are RL, but I would have to agree with you about all this drama going on about the Corona virus the season may even be cancelled as super rugby is looking like it will as well. Would be such a shame to those boys in year 12 especially the boys at Waverly as majority of those boys are still in school just to play schoolboy rugby, not worrying about HSC. Will be a shame if the season does end up being suspended due to this virus. Fingers crossed.

Not quite, approx 3-4 are not doing the HSC out of a squad of 50. Which is probably the same ratio as other schools.
It would be horrible if all the year 12 boys from all the schools had their golden moment taken away, let's hope and be positive that all will be well.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Not quite, approx 3-4 are not doing the HSC out of a squad of 50. Which is probably the same ratio as other schools.
It would be horrible if all the year 12 boys from all the schools had their golden moment taken away, let's hope and be positive that all will be well.
Genuine question, how do you do year 12 and not do the HSC? Is there a provision in schools to be there just for sport purposes only? If so, I had no idea!!

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Genuine question, how do you do year 12 and not do the HSC? Is there a provision in schools to be there just for sport purposes only? If so, I had no idea!!

Neither did I until I found out last year that my Godson + a number of his cohort didn’t do the HSC at their GPS school, many of whom were coincidentally in the 1st or 2nd XV. I’ve subsequently found out that it goes on at a few of the GPS schools. It kind of goes against the “we develop well rounded students” ethos that they all espouse on their websites IMO.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)

Fair question WTF, things are a bit/lot different then the good ol days.
These boys, like others in other schools, will get their HSC by completing year 12 but doing subjects that are not Uni related, ie they are not doing an ATAR, does that explain it?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fair question WTF, things are a bit/lot different then the good ol days.
These boys, like others in other schools, will get their HSC by completing year 12 but doing subjects that are not Uni related, ie they are not doing an ATAR, does that explain it?

Spot on.
Students can "do their HSC" by studying the compulsory English course and then focussing on vocational subjects like Hospitality, Construction and Business Services.
There is no need to apply for an ATAR for university entry: a Certificate II is awarded for the vocational subjects and provides a pathway towards those areas of work and further education in those subject areas.
Additionally, at least one school in the past had students studying University College subjects whilst in Years 11 and 12, allowing a "back door" entry to uni without having to compete for a high ATAR.