• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Careful WLF, the mods would be watching. Don't continue the discussion on "the word that shall not be used" or you shall be sanctioned. I know. I am on my very last chance. Looking out for you mate

Thanks Joker ol mate! I was going to say to you earlier " Stay in your own lane" but now you have been a good guy, I won't! HA! Happy to have you and others in our lane!

Would MUCH prefer to talk about this weekends footy, sick of the back and forth ,you know what, banter !

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Haha yep I saw it first hand in the mid 90's at Barker. Following the stellar early 90's / centenary teams; 95-97 were lean years at Barker - not helped by people like Ryan Cross carving up the field + the excellent Cranbrook 95 team. Anyway I think those years seemed to be the catalyst for improving the Barker Rugby program; as it certainly became more professional in late 90's. And yeah - I remember watching Shore pump us by 90 odd points or something ridiculous at Northbridge in 97 courtesy of Phil Waugh & Hercus. It's clear the school's approach to "recruiting" players has changed from my day when there was staunch opposition to do this. But hey, if you can't beat 'em, join em. The Marist boys have been doing it forever, so seems like a level playing field to me.

what year were you in bcoldboy? I played 2nds in 94. lost the 'gf' against knox 5-0. can't remember if we beat any GPS schools but recall playing Kings, Shore and Ignatius (possible 3rds). Knox and Waverley were the strong schools then.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Open again.
Warnings will be scant, those who want to continue in the previous vein will just be banned. Don't care how long you've been here.
Think before you shit-post.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Very fair call Cyclo and timely, but, you beauty, we are back.

Now, how about tomorrow's games. LET'S TALK FOOTY GENTS!

Oakhill v Joeys : Hard to comment as Oakhill have clearly been vastly underestimated. The Knox team they edged out by a point last weekend IS a very solid team which speaks volumes for Oakhill. BUT knowing this age group team at Joeys, playing at Joeys, I choose Joeys to win. The margin in the game will be interesting.

Riverview V Knox : As stated above this Knox team is big, talented and solid all around the park.
View are without their tremendous no.10 and he is, so it does help Knox tomorrow.
At full strength I have previously picked View to win the GPS comp, BUT tomorrow, Knox can do it.

Newington V Scots : Newington at home will definitely have a go, they have some very good younger fellows, in particular the fullback, who I believe is in year 10, is very quick and a real goer, BUT people keep talking up Scots, so tomorrow it's time for Scots to deliver, so I pick Scots.

Aloys v Stannies : From all reports both are having a real go, especially Aloys, BUT I choose Stannies, BUT at Aloys home ground, which is magnificent, hand cut by scissors, carpet like, and I kid you not, BUT I still pick Stannies just..

Pats V Trinity : Pats will have a go BUT Trinity by quite a few, this Trinity side has some seriously good rugby boys, Hannaford being just 1, AND as my old mate Snort ( who if he reminds me 1 more time about Trinity V Waves in 1979 - I will shoot him), this Trinity team IS the dark horse in the CAS, GIVEN no major injuries!

St.Gregs v Cranners : LOOK this Cranbrook team at full strength IS the real deal. They currently have 1 very good player out, that I know of, BUT should still account for Gregs comfortably. Going forward Cranbrook need to play stronger teams, maybe every second weekend because playing and beating weaker schools in the trials makes them feel great early, then they start the real comp, CAS, and their 1st game is Barker..... You never know, but welcome to the real world!

Kings V Waves : If last weekends game was any indication, this should be tough. View beat Kings 12-10, and I have already talked up the View team, so Kings must be solid. Joeys beat Kings the weekend before by 40 BUT apparently Kings had quite a few missing due to a cadet camp, so the story goes, but does sound logistical, and I don't believe Joeys are that far ahead of View this year, quite the contrary. The Waves have also just been on a 4 day camp this week, so all deprived of their usual mummy food cooking, soft beds, etc, they appeared out of the bus like zombies!
BUT hey no excuses here, by now, they should all be fit, can sleep their little heads in tomorrow, and should be ready to go tomorrow at the suburb called Kings. A draw, noooo, BS, Waves to win.

I hope all this overview comes across as unbiased as possible, because as hard as it is, I tried!

Good luck to ALL boys and teams tomorrow, and NO injuries thanks!

As BP would say, Hi it's WLF!

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Waves score after 25 phases. Great play. Klayton Thorn scores under post. 7 nil to Waves. Kings have not touched the ball