• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
An interesting take on @informant's message, I believe he wasn't challenging waves through Cranbrook but merely saying there is a high likelihood of them taking on Knox and replacing the infamous trio. I think next time you post a message as a reply, you should read into exactly what they are saying.

Hmmm. Your take is an interesting take too, John O'Connor are you related to Sarah Connor ;-)

I've re-read the 2020 form guide, 1sts/2nds/3rds/16As and I can't find room for Cranbrook in my top 3.
  • Barker4Peat has influenced me that Barker, once again will be in the mix.
  • Knox, inflicted the Waverley 2022 class their only defeat, so pedigree coming through there.
Meanwhile Cranbrook... read the form .... and know where each team's strengths are AND more so where their weaknesses are .... when you come to comparing Cranbrook's SWOT against the rest ....

Barker4Peat

Stan Wickham (3)
Stop this nonesense

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 11.00.04 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 11.00.04 am.png
    256.5 KB · Views: 309

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Gentlemen,

Good to be back.

Cranbrook will be competitive next year, and would not be surprised if they can even steal an upset over any of the main trio (Knox, Barker, Waves).

Here's a look at the Waverley 1st XV squad for 2021

1. Reeve Smith
2. Darcy Sullivan
3. AJ Pereketes
4. Clem Haloholo/Spencer Kapos
5. Fritz HJ
6. Clem Haloholo/Alex Elder/Niel Fuka
7. Alex Elder/Patrick Hoggett
8. Ethan King
9. Klayton Thorn/Tom Martin
10. Emmanuel Di Bartolo/Charlie Worthington
11. Dane Towns/Ronan Schocher/TJ Speedy-Coe
12. Aaron Dimovitch/Charlie Worthington
13. Jack Hickey/Aaron Dimovitch
14. Dane Towns/Ronan Schocher/TJ Speedy-Coe
15. Dane Towns/Emmanuel Di Bartolo

Strong team again for the Waves again in 2021, arguably the strongest in a while. While I think the team will be a combination of the above players, no doubt there will be some smokeys that emerge during the long pre-season down at Queens Park.

High expectations for the Waves in 2021, if they can get the attitude side of things right, I tip them to go back-to-back.

SSA, You have a very solid understanding of the Waves history and players, how well do you know Magic Mike?

SkyBlue

Banned
Afternoon fellas,

Any prediction on the Barker XV team for next year?
Should be an interesting season for sure.

Goosie

schoolboyrugbyfan

Frank Row (1)
Prediction Waverley 1st XV 2021

1. Smith
2. Sullivan
3. Preketes
4. Halohalo
5. Jahnke Tavana
6. Kapos/Fuka
7. Elder/King
8. King/Halatokua

9. Thorn
10. Quinn
11. Martin
12. Worthington
13. Dimotvitch
14. Towns
15. Di Bartolo

Front 5 pick themselves.
Backrow will be an interesting contest with King the only certainty, Kapos is a strong body with a high work rate, well capable of playing 6, with Fuka having the potential to fit the position aswell. Elder at 7 is the younger counter-part of B.Elder of the 2nd XV 2019-20.
In the Backline, 9 easy pick. Quinn is great on defence and reads the game well for the 16As, with DiBartolo and Worthington on his outside he will develop quick. Worthington can play 12 if he grows a couple of inches, fiesty on defence with a cracking pass! Dimotvitch at 13 is a must, quick on the edge and a problem for outside defenders. Towns and Martin both on the cusp of 1st XV debuts in 2020 off the bench.

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
Dear
Prediction Waverley 1st XV 2021

1. Smith
2. Sullivan
3. Preketes
4. Halohalo
5. Jahnke Tavana
6. Kapos/Fuka
7. Elder/King
8. King/Halatokua

9. Thorn
10. Quinn
11. Martin
12. Worthington
13. Dimotvitch
14. Towns
15. Di Bartolo

Front 5 pick themselves.
Backrow will be an interesting contest with King the only certainty, Kapos is a strong body with a high work rate, well capable of playing 6, with Fuka having the potential to fit the position aswell. Elder at 7 is the younger counter-part of B.Elder of the 2nd XV 2019-20.
In the Backline, 9 easy pick. Quinn is great on defence and reads the game well for the 16As, with DiBartolo and Worthington on his outside he will develop quick. Worthington can play 12 if he grows a couple of inches, fiesty on defence with a cracking pass! Dimotvitch at 13 is a must, quick on the edge and a problem for outside defenders. Towns and Martin both on the cusp of 1st XV debuts in 2020 off the bench.

Dear oh dear, a debutante Waverley U16s schoolboy with this post .... or maybe a younger brother perhaps ....

frontrowisgreat

Bob McCowan (2)
Me again :)

Firstly, congratulations to Waves for 2020, didn't get a chance before Rod started this thread.

I have heard through the grapevine that Albertyn, from Barker, is underage and repeating this year. Anyone know if either is true?

SkyBlue

Banned
Me again :)

Firstly, congratulations to Waves for 2020, didn't get a chance before Rod started this thread.

I have heard through the grapevine that Albertyn, from Barker, is underage and repeating this year. Anyone know if either is true?

Albertyn, just like Ovendon, Vass and Adrian Brown from last years team is in fact underage. However, no clue on whether or not he is repeating.

Goosie.

J

Jonny Quinn

I think everyone is over rating the 2021 class of barker, slacksmith the clear standout with no other real talent amongst the age group.... Thoughts?

Waverley Till I Die

Bob McCowan (2)
Waverley College 1st XV Predicted Lineup
1. Smith
2. Sullivan
3. Preketes
4. Fritz
5. Halaholo
6. Fuka
7. Elder
8. King
9. Thorn
10. Di Bartolo
11. Farmeary (16B's)
12. Worthingotn
13. Dimovitch
14. Towns/Schocher
15. Schultz (6 foot 5)/Towns
Farmeary with the breakout season in the 16B's, managing an impressive runaway try in the 16A's, looking like the obvious pick for the number 11 double v. Another star in the making, Harry Schultz (6 Foot 5), he carved up in the 5 XV showing his outstanding skills under the high ball, silky smooth ball playing and deadly defence.

1. Smith
2. Sullivan
3. Preketes
4. Fritz
5. Halaholo
6. Fuka
7. Elder
8. King
9. Thorn
10. Di Bartolo
11. Farmeary (16B's)
12. Worthingotn
13. Dimovitch
14. Towns/Schocher
Farmeary with the breakout season in the 16B's, managing an impressive runaway try in the 16A's, looking like the obvious pick for the number 11 double v. Another star in the making, Harry Schultz (6 Foot 5), he carved up in the 5 XV showing his outstanding skills under the high ball, silky smooth ball playing and deadly defence.

Interesting pick at 11, I was lucky enough to see Farmeary in full flight this year and if he continues this form into 2021 he should see himself securing that 11 jersey. The battle for 15 will be a beaut but I personally see Schultz (6 foot 5) making that jersey his.

SkyBlue

Banned
I think everyone is over rating the 2021 class of barker, slacksmith the clear standout with no other real talent amongst the age group.. Thoughts?

If we know anything about Barker, it's that they have a great footy program and drill and condition their players extremely well. They don't acquire as much talent as perhaps a GPS school or Waverley, but they are able to make their kids quality rugby players (especially in the tight 5). So I would definitely not put it past Barker to create some real magic out of the 2021 class. Not to mention some real talent in the 2022 class.

Goosie.

hornsby4life

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good afternoon,

Waverley 1st XV 2021 Prediction:

1. Reeve Smith
2. Keanan Martiz
3. Vince Santamaria (illusive)
4. Harry Schultz
5. Conor Carr
6. Dane Perica
7. Patrick Hoggett
8. Ethan King
9. Klayton Thorn
10. Charlie Worthington
11. Aidan Rogers
12. Aaron Dimovitch
13. Ayden Diffin
14. Samuel Connolly
15. Dane Towns

Apple man

Frank Row (1)
Good Afternoon,

Waverley 1st XV Predicted 2021 Lineup:

1. Reeve Smith
2. Darcy Sullivan
3. AJ Preketes
4. Clem Haloholo
5. Fritz JT
6. Patrick Hoggart
7. Metui Fuka
8. Ethan King
9. Klayton Thorn
10. Charlie Worthington
11. Ronan Schocher
12. Aaron Dimovitch
13. Jack Hickey/Miles Minto (both these boys were excellent in their 16A's sides)
14. Dane Towns
15. Emmanuel Di Bartolo

J

Jonny Quinn

Knox 1st XV 2021 Line Up Prediction (2020 team)
  1. Jack Black (1st XV)
  2. Romayo Bray (1st XV)
  3. Noah Smith (2nd XV)
  4. Lachie Reeve (2nd XV)
  5. Max Purcell (Unknown)
  6. (everyones shit)
  7. Charlie Heardman (1st XV)
  8. Will Feather (1st XV)
  9. Tom Goddard (1st XV)
  10. Tom Morrison (1st XV)
  11. Tom Osborne (2nd XV)
  12. Jarrah Mcleod (16's)
  13. Jake Buchanan (2nd XV)
  14. Harry Gosper (4th XV)
  15. Luke Tucker (1st XV)
Anyone got info on young max purcell?? young gun who suffered back to back knee injuries who has raw talent, would be exciting to see him out on the park.

Apple man

Frank Row (1)
1. Smith
2. Sullivan
3. Preketes
4. Fritz
5. Halaholo
6. Fuka
7. Elder
8. King
9. Thorn
10. Di Bartolo
11. Farmeary (16B's)
12. Worthingotn
13. Dimovitch
14. Towns/Schocher

Interesting team you have predicted for 2021.