• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW CAS Rugby 2021

rugby101

Bob McCowan (2)
Some uncertainty about blue cards.

Suspected concussions are treated the same as concussions. In this instance, the player was concussed and the inappropriate actions of the CAS Convenor and Barker have let a lot of people down, particularly the CAS rep rugby teams. Players who present with concussion symptoms must be provided with a different diagnosis to overturn a blue card after they present with concussion symptoms, in this instance, it is clear, there can be no other diagnosis based on the footage.

Barker and CAS got this terribly wrong.

Whatever the outcome, there will have to be some sort of review of CAS concussion protocols moving forward as this needs to be taken out of the hands of schools who have a vested interest.

I get your point William88, but I think what Rod is saying is that the player was provided with a different diagnosis both on the day and on the following Monday and as such was cleared to play. It's not for us, as people watching the video to diagnose, no matter how bad it looks (even if some parents on this forum may be doctors), it is for the physician who assessed the player to decide.

I agree though that the way this was handled certainly did affect the way the CAS 1st xv team was able to prepare, and there definitely needs to be some review done. With that in mind, though I think that to truly believe that the school had anything other that the wellbeing of the player as their top priority, is ridiculous.

Lovetap

Peter Burge (5)
I know in the past there has been re-selection leading into CAS 1st XV game 2 be interested to hear possible changes to the original team from game 1. I have heard many say that version 1 had a tough night due to conditions and it was hard to get any go forward especially at set piece , but let’s not forget the conditions were also the same for the GPS outfit.

massivehog100

Frank Row (1)
Hey Everyone, MHOG here.

I'm gonna say something that might come as a bit of a shock, but alas. It would not surprise me if Katoa (B) is picked at inside centre for the GEN BLUE side this coming break. With Bowen (I) at 10 and O'Donnell (I) injured I feel as though the dominant running game he has showcased throughout the season thus far (exception against Riverview) has put him in good stead to adopt that position in the squad. Call me stupid, but we will see on selection day....

Yours Truly, THE100

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
So CAS plays CHS tomorrow. Random fact of the day: when CAS played CHS in 1966 and 1967, one of the second-rowers for CAS 1sts was a 6 foot 4 player from Barker: Philip Noyce. This Philip Noyce: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637518/

Unclear whether any of this year's CAS pack will go on to direct movies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So CAS plays CHS tomorrow. Random fact of the day: when CAS played CHS in 1966 and 1967, one of the second-rowers for CAS 1sts was a 6 foot 4 player from Barker: Philip Noyce. This Philip Noyce: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0637518/

Unclear whether any of this year's CAS pack will go on to direct movies.

Trumping any of his film achievements was being one of the founding fathers of Barker Old Boys Rugby Club - Noyce Bros wines also sponsor the club.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
As an aside to show how f**ked the CAS selection is in another sport - Volleyball
11 picked in the CAS squad - 8 Trinity, 1 Knox, 1 Barker, 1 Cranbrook, no Alo's no Waverly. Coach Trinity
CAS v GPS the 3 non Trinity players got about 20 minutes court time each in a 2 1/2 hour match, maybe a bit more for the Knox boy as the manager was from Knox. The final set was 90% Trinity players, who were obviously getting tired even though there were 3 players who hadn't been able to break a sweat.
Needless to say they lost 3 sets to 2 and I have a very pissed off son

Baxter

Peter Burge (5)
As an aside to show how f**ked the CAS selection is in another sport - Volleyball
11 picked in the CAS squad - 8 Trinity, 1 Knox, 1 Barker, 1 Cranbrook, no Alo's no Waverly. Coach Trinity
CAS v GPS the 3 non Trinity players got about 20 minutes court time each in a 2 1/2 hour match, maybe a bit more for the Knox boy as the manager was from Knox. The final set was 90% Trinity players, who were obviously getting tired even though there were 3 players who hadn't been able to break a sweat.

This is absurd

Baxter

Peter Burge (5)

You got me pal. Maybe you should check this out before making hostile remarks?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YOqckg5JM9/pubhtml?gid=1014659452&single=true

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Is everyone else's Cluchtv really frustrating to watch....so glitchy. Shouldnt have to pay for a crap service like this.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Is everyone else's Cluchtv really frustrating to watch..so glitchy. Shouldnt have to pay for a crap service like this.

Agreed Axe. CAS 2 v CCC was OK, but the current game is shite. Yes it was only $4 to view today but it should be better than this.