• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Schools Under 16 Championships - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cricket isn't normally played on the Oct long weekend but it is late to be playing footy.
It's a bit of a mystery ut all will be revealed about this 'invitational carnival' in Oct

I checked the school calendar and there are no games scheduled but cricket training starts week of 8.9.2014 and just as the school get toey about their rugby players playing club rugby they get toey about their cricketers playing rugby - mind you so do the rowing programs and I suspect the basketballers.

S

sidelineview

I believe that the presidents xv is an absolute joke and slap in the face for all players selected. To just missing out on the team to play in the nationals for their age group, to then versing the state team who are an age younger is demoralising. Especially boys who easily deserved a spot in the sydney squad.. Picone, Sheldon, Osborne, Lombardi, Lynch and Basha just to name a few who I thought would certainly be in the 23 for sydney. Would love to see the outcome of the Presidents xv vs the Sydney team

and why would anyone want their 15 year old son playing against 16 year olds? physically, boys can develop significantly in one year from 15 to 16.

Keep It Real

Frank Row (1)
With the selection of the U16 Sydney and President's XV sides, presuming players can't be selected for both Sydney Juniors AND NSW Schoolboys, this is how I see the team planning out:

1. James Wayland (CAS)
2. Harry Todd (GPS)
4. Liam Rasch (CAS)
5. Nick Brown (GPS)
6. Tom Serhon (GPS)
7. George Miller (GPS)
8. Milan Basson (CAS)
9. Will Wennerbom (GPS)
10. Matt Dainton (CAS)
11. Will Terry (GPS)
12. Cameron Murray (GPS)
13. John Hopoate (ISA)
15. Rhys Millar (GPS)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
With the selection of the U16 Sydney and President's XV sides, presuming players can't be selected for both Sydney Juniors AND NSW Schoolboys, this is how I see the team planning out:

1. James Wayland (CAS)
2. Harry Todd (GPS)
4. Liam Rasch (CAS)
5. Nick Brown (GPS)
6. Tom Serhon (GPS)
7. George Miller (GPS)
8. Milan Basson (CAS)
9. Will Wennerbom (GPS)
10. Matt Dainton (CAS)
11. Will Terry (GPS)
12. Cameron Murray (GPS)
13. John Hopoate (ISA)
15. Rhys Millar (GPS)

how many games did you watch?
the half is unlikely to be from GPS - the rest I think is close

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
See that is where you are wrong again Slugga - the Chatswood boys all won a State Championship with Gordon which is what they were seeking.

Further rep honours will go to those that deserve it.

MWZ were the best side on the weekend as predicted by most people with knowledge of the age group and should get up to 10 players in the Sydney side - but they won a trial with no GF - their deserved reward will be spots in the Sydney side.

As for the standard of play over the weekend I think it was a week too far for many of the players - playing their 12-15th game of rugby in 22 days - that is so ridiculous.

That combined with the wind led to too many errors but most of the players were much better the week before. Too much rugby leads to injuries and a lesser standard and that is why I don't think these rep players should be required for club football in U16's.

Interesting comments as a first time person to comment
Your comments above a closer than you think
The weekend of the Club Championships was a better reflection on the players who should have been selected for Sydney 16s
Who were the 3 Sydney club sides in the semis
Gordon Penrith and Parramatta

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
See that is where you are wrong again Slugga - the Chatswood boys all won a State Championship with Gordon which is what they were seeking.

Further rep honours will go to those that deserve it.

MWZ were the best side on the weekend as predicted by most people with knowledge of the age group and should get up to 10 players in the Sydney side - but they won a trial with no GF - their deserved reward will be spots in the Sydney side.

As for the standard of play over the weekend I think it was a week too far for many of the players - playing their 12-15th game of rugby in 22 days - that is so ridiculous.

That combined with the wind led to too many errors but most of the players were much better the week before. Too much rugby leads to injuries and a lesser standard and that is why I don't think these rep players should be required for club football in U16's.

Disagree with the 10 players from one team
Agree with say 8
Which is closer to the mark
Then include 1 or 2 from the Barbarians

Tartan Blue

Bob McCowan (2)
and why would anyone want their 15 year old son playing against 16 year olds? physically, boys can develop significantly in one year from 15 to 16.

Funny you have them all out of one team Eastwood
Where were they in the Club Championships

Supposed to be a fair selection

S

sidelineview

1. James Wayland (CAS)
2. Harry Todd (GPS)
4. Liam Rasch (CAS)
5. Nick Brown (GPS)
6. Tom Serhon (GPS)
7. George Miller (GPS)
8. Milan Basson (CAS)
9. Will Wennerbom (GPS)
10. Matt Dainton (CAS)
11. Will Terry (GPS)
12. Cameron Murray (GPS)
13. John Hopoate (ISA)
15. Rhys Millar (GPS)

Just for fun, I'll throw the following players into the mix for the squad of 23:

15 Bosch CAS
7 Manu CCC
15 Lalaga CHS
Scrum half. Bailey CAS
" " . Chipizuboy ISA
Wing Yoannidis CAS
OC or Wing Armstrong CAS
12 Abdullah CCC

Slugga

Ted Fahey (11)
I’ve mentioned here before about North’s good fortune in selections in the Sydney side last year and it seems they’re the big winners again this year.
Let’s look at their record.

L v Parra 10-19
W v Warringah 15-7
L V Penrith 18-22
L v Wests 5-7

The single win places them 7th out of the 9 Sydney teams and there’s the one win against MSZ in the regionals. A pretty average performance in anyone’s language so how do you think they’d go in higher rep selections?

Well they have the highest representation of the 9 Sydney sides with 3 in the Sydney side and 7 in the Presidents.
Conclusion:
1. Results mean nothing

2. Playing for North’s is a good career move.

10to12

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I’ve mentioned here before about North’s good fortune in selections in the Sydney side last year and it seems they’re the big winners again this year.
Let’s look at their record.

L v Parra 10-19
W v Warringah 15-7
L V Penrith 18-22
L v Wests 5-7

The single win places them 7th out of the 9 Sydney teams and there’s the one win against MSZ in the regionals. A pretty average performance in anyone’s language so how do you think they’d go in higher rep selections?

Well they have the highest representation of the 9 Sydney sides with 3 in the Sydney side and 7 in the Presidents.
Conclusion:
1. Results mean nothing

2. Playing for North’s is a good career move.
Mate get with the program . You've got most of it right. You have to make sure one of your parents is part of SJRU and happy to manipulate behind the scene.
Its no good having someone doing it for rugby they have to be able to push for what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.