• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 - schools, NSWJRU / SJRU / CRJU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Convincingly by 3 points!!!!!Looking at the teams in the 17 s Illawarra played four games, winning all, including the Grandfinal, Central Coast played 5 winning all except the Grandfinal, loss by 3.
Very close game yet only 4 players from Central Coast made country selections. Looking at the games, the scores and the results, thought both teams were pretty equally balanced!

OK - point taken! I was just trying to put into context the selection of only 2 players fom Illawarra in the CJRU U/16's against 11 in the U/17's. Kudos to Central Coast as well! Just wait until City vs. Country though - here's my tip based on past experience : selections will go 2 : 1 in favour of City in all age groups regardless of the result! :mad:

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
OK - point taken! I was just trying to put into context the selection of only 2 players fom Illawarra in the CJRU U/16's against 11 in the U/17's. Kudos to Central Coast as well! Just wait until City vs. Country though - here's my tip based on past experience : selections will go 2 : 1 in favour of City in all age groups regardless of the result! :mad:
Agreed - And to add to your Tip, City will convincingly beat Country at City v Country, (As they have done in the past years) getting more players selected as they have a huge talent pool to select from, and are more familiar to the selectors. Independent Selectors would be a great idea, but that will happen when the powers to be all agree to have independent selectors choose a NSW 1 and NSW 2 team!!! I

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
feed back on Knox v Barker 16's on Saturday... apparently Harry Chapman (flanker/ JGS) Knox was outstanding in the game....he could be in the frame for schools or SJRU if form holds up..anyone else stand out?

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Agreed - And to add to your Tip, City will convincingly beat Country at City v Country, (As they have done in the past years) getting more players selected as they have a huge talent pool to select from, and are more familiar to the selectors. Independent Selectors would be a great idea, but that will happen when the powers to be all agree to have independent selectors choose a NSW 1 and NSW 2 team!!! I

I thought last years CJRU U/15's beat City - they were a gun side! Still selected 2 : 1 to City. I am on firmer ground with the U/16's 2 years ago where City and Country played a gripping draw ( 22 all or something ) and NSW selection went - you guessed it - 2 : 1 to City.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
I thought last years CJRU U/15's beat City - they were a gun side! Still selected 2 : 1 to City. I am on firmer ground with the U/16's 2 years ago where City and Country played a gripping draw ( 22 all or something ) and NSW selection went - you guessed it - 2 : 1 to City.
I recall that Team, 6 players from Country made it so technically it was 3:1....:eek: Not last years 16 but the year previous to that.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
The 2012 under 15's city side def country something like 19-12? With country getting a try on the bell...pretty scrappy affair but very tough encounter... That Under 15 NSW side went on to beat act, vic, qld 1 and 2, but they scored something like 250 points for and never had a single point scored against them... Pretty good endorsement that the selectors got the right mix at the time...

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The second half saw City score quickly into the wind with a conversion taking the score to 19-0. City conducted several interesting interchanges to ensure all fit players had an opportunity to take the field during the match, I don't believe this disruption caused to any greater duress for the players engaged in the game. than that under which they were already playing.

For the remainder of the game the country team managed to presure Sydney using the wind and taking advantage of the high number of penalties conceded at the breakdown and some set pieces. Sydney slowed the country progress sufficiently well, though concede two tries, one right on full time, to win the game
from last years match report .

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
The 2012 under 15's city side def country something like 19-12? With country getting a try on the bell.pretty scrappy affair but very tough encounter. That Under 15 NSW side went on to beat act, vic, qld 1 and 2, but they scored something like 250 points for and never had a single point scored against them. Pretty good endorsement that the selectors got the right mix at the time.

The second half saw City score quickly into the wind with a conversion taking the score to 19-0. City conducted several interesting interchanges to ensure all fit players had an opportunity to take the field during the match, I don't believe this disruption caused to any greater duress for the players engaged in the game. than that under which they were already playing.

For the remainder of the game the country team managed to presure Sydney using the wind and taking advantage of the high number of penalties conceded at the breakdown and some set pieces. Sydney slowed the country progress sufficiently well, though concede two tries, one right on full time, to win the game
from last years match report .

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Brains Trust Said
"feed back on Knox v Barker 16's on Saturday. apparently Harry Chapman (flanker/ JGS) Knox was outstanding in the game..he could be in the frame for schools or SJRU if form holds up..anyone else stand out?"

What Junior club does he play for to make him available for SJRU?
Will CAS have 1 or 2 sides in

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Doesn't matter what club he has or has not played for this year or in the past.

The rules and eligibility criteria are flexible enough to get nearly anyone eligible for whatever team the "grown ups" decide that that particular player is to be selected for.

It is BS but that is the way it has always been, and will be, until ARU takes NSWJRU and NSW Schools RU on and mandates NSW I, NSW II and Combined States at National U16's.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Brains Trust Said
"feed back on Knox v Barker 16's on Saturday. apparently Harry Chapman (flanker/ JGS) Knox was outstanding in the game..he could be in the frame for schools or SJRU if form holds up..anyone else stand out?"

What Junior club does he play for to make him available for SJRU?
Will CAS have 1 or 2 sides in
he is a Gordon junior if that helps..played for Wahroonga and i think Roseville last year...

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
he is a Gordon junior if that helps..played for Wahroonga and i think Roseville last year.
Thanks
Checked some old programmes. and some from this year. Will Stubs (Sydney and Barker 1st XV) and Jacob Storey (NSW suggested as a possible CAS opens 1st XV in this or the CAS thread) in this age group in the same association

tough competition for a spot

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Thanks
Checked some old programmes. and some from this year. Will Stubs (Sydney and Barker 1st XV) and Jacob Storey (NSW suggested as a possible CAS opens 1st XV in this or the CAS thread) in this age group in the same association

tough competition for a spot
Agree on those 2 boys...both are excellent players.... and will be selected for sure, but I think Chapman probably isn't too far off.. So possibly a bench spot....there are some very strong back rowers in CAS and GPS.. Lachie Simpson at Joeys is also a special..injured last year so missed the state carnival, but most likely would have gone all the way in the 15's..

footylover101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agree on those 2 boys.both are excellent players.. and will be selected for sure, but I think Chapman probably isn't too far off.. So possibly a bench spot..there are some very strong back rowers in CAS and GPS.. Lachie Simpson at Joeys is also a special..injured last year so missed the state carnival, but most likely would have gone all the way in the 15's..
Agreed, CAS, which is weaker than gps, has backrowers from southern districts, gordon, warringah and randwick

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agreed, CAS, which is weaker than gps, has backrowers from southern districts, gordon, warringah and randwick
quite a few good boys in the joeys 16's. lachie simpson yes, and you can add eddie king, tom leaver, jake finnane and dylan grant all outstanding

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
fair to say that the GPS ( Presidents ) sides that get put up this year will be very strong..the 2012 NSW 15's backs are basically all GPS..with a number of the forwards also GPS boys.. all those boys you mentioned are first class players and Leaver made NSW 15's...I actually think that even Gillard could coach this side and get a win..

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
fair to say that the GPS ( Presidents ) sides that get put up this year will be very strong..the 2012 NSW 15's backs are basically all GPS..with a number of the forwards also GPS boys.. all those boys you mentioned are first class players and Leaver made NSW 15's.I actually think that even Gillard could coach this side and get a win..
some of them didn't even play club rugby last year so they'd have grabbed a couple of other nsw spots. dylan grant apparently has been signed by manly rugby league. i'd go as far as to say that the joeys 16's would possibly beat joeys 2nds. the school is keeping them in their age group. i'd confidently predict they will be undefeated this year.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
hard to see anyone getting the better of them this year..although its a funny age group in that ( excl Scots because of their yr 9 split) Riverview struggle with Joeys when it matters...Kings seem to lift big time when they play Joeys...and Riverview put on between 30-40 pts when they play Kings..Riverview will be a lot weaker without McGregor, Hutchison, Hurley and Hancock all in opens...so Joeys should dominate with Kings an outside chance to roll them if they're on and joeys are off a touch on teh day...with scots a bit of an unknown quantity...a couple of new backs..but I think they may have lost Girdler to the opens???

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
hard to see anyone getting the better of them this year..although its a funny age group in that ( excl Scots because of their yr 9 split) Riverview struggle with Joeys when it matters.Kings seem to lift big time when they play Joeys.and Riverview put on between 30-40 pts when they play Kings..Riverview will be a lot weaker without McGregor, Hutchison, Hurley and Hancock all in opens.so Joeys should dominate with Kings an outside chance to roll them if they're on and joeys are off a touch on teh day.with scots a bit of an unknown quantity.a couple of new backs..but I think they may have lost Girdler to the opens???
No he's back...Scots u16s will be competitive with Joeys :rolleyes: of course though Joeys will be favourites;)

Status
Not open for further replies.