• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 - schools, NSWJRU / SJRU / CRJU 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I was lurking at Rat Park and cast a casual glance over the ISA v CHS U16 game, and was impressed by Joshua LEO (High).

There is a fair bit of innuendo about Asian boys at High destroying the athletic programme by not getting involved in "more traditional" AAGPS sporting activities.

I have no idea of this lads background but he was not out of place on the oval as the starting #14 for CHS U16. With time, patience and training, we can put paid to some of the stereotypes about High.

It was also grand to see #11 for ISA from St Stanislaus' was listed as Dijing MAWEIN. He seemed to be of Somali (?) heritage. It is heartwarming to see that what appears to be a kid from a refugee family not only playing heavensgame but playing it at a high level for his age group.

Well done Bathurst community, well done Stannies. I hope this kid and many others like him do well.

<singing> I am, You are, We are ....... AUSTRALIAN

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was lurking at Rat Park and cast a casual glance over the ISA v CHS U16 game, and was impressed by Joshua LEO (High).

There is a fair bit of innuendo about Asian boys at High destroying the athletic programme by not getting involved in "more traditional" AAGPS sporting activities.

I have no idea of this lads background but he was not out of place on the oval as the starting #14 for CHS U16. With time, patience and training, we can put paid to some of the stereotypes about High.

It was also grand to see #11 for ISA from St Stanislaus' was listed as Dijing MAWEIN. He seemed to be of Somali (?) heritage. It is heartwarming to see that what appears to be a kid from a refugee family not only playing heavensgame but playing it at a high level for his age group.

Well done Bathurst community, well done Stannies. I hope this kid and many others like him do well.

<singing> I am, You are, We are ... AUSTRALIAN

Gooner

Allen Oxlade (6)

<singing> I am, You are, We are ... AUSTRALIAN

HJ - what was the score. How did the CHS look? Did the CCC also play?

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
Hear hear. The best post I have read here for a long time
Agree as well. Great to see these kids playing and given a great Opportunity. Some of them are so shy but could turn out to be great players and athletes. Well done to the schools.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
At half time I think it was CHS 7 ISA 10. Do not quote me on that.

I wasn't really paying attention. I thought that ISA "seemed" to be playing better footy, and probably won. It wasn't the walkover that the 2012 game was for ISA U16.

Other games were AICES v CCC (25 minutes only). Think CCC "won"
AICES vs Country (25 minutes only). Think Country "won"
Country vs CCC (25 minutes only). Think CCC "won.

The games were played in great spirit, although I was distracted by gossiping during most of the 16's games.

I am sure that other Gaggerlanders will post more accurate and factual game reports.

PS Keep your eye out for #4 CHS - Sam MUSGROVE (HIGH). He played OK and unless I am mistaken he is probably the son of prominent Randwick hospital Orthopod Tim MUSGROVE. Tim is not only a qualified Referee but good to know if your offspring are in need of knee surgery for ACL, PCL etc.

The Taxi Driver

Allen Oxlade (6)
if he's not enrolled, which I assume is the upshot of incomplete paperwork, how can he be eligible?

It was a tongue in cheek response. The boy in question is listed as coming from St Doms, not known as a AAGPS school. Perhaps it's a feeder school from Tonga. There is no doubting he is a very good player but really can the Newington selectors get it together and finalise the transfer papers so it doesn't stand out like the proverbial.

Bob Rugby

Frank Row (1)
The #12 in the President's 2nd XV is from St Doms which is not a GPS school and I am also 100% sure that he was in the MCS side at the CCC trials but didnt make the CCC side.
So how on earth can he then make a GPS side? rediculous.

Wannabe Selector

Frank Nicholson (4)
He played rugby for Illawarra U15s last year then was selected for Country NSW U15s. He also played Harold Matthews league this year with Penrith played as a prop. Very strong centre saw him for the first time in CHS U16s last year in trial against CCC unfortunately didnt make the final 23.

Sent via Blackberry using Tapatalk 2

Bob Rugby

Frank Row (1)
I was also present today at 'Rat Park' to see many of the u16's games. All the teams were quite strong and this years competition could really go to anyone. But at the end of the day i think ISA were the strongest team, beating CHS 29-19. Not sure of all the other scores, but in half length games; CCC def AICES, Country def AICES, CCC def Country.
Some players to watch out for; CCC #14 Cameron Scott, CHS #7(c) Luke Milham & #17 Cyprus Tutunoa, ISA #5 Elia Faatui #18 Andrew Graham & #20 Ryan Chelvarajah

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
GPS 16's sides announced.

UNDER 16’S PRESIDENTS 1ST XV FOR NSW SCHOOLS CHAMPIONSHIPS
1) JACK FINNANE – JOEY’S
2) ALEX HANCOCK ‐ RIVERVIEW
3) HARRISON CHAPMAN – KING’S
4) RYAN McCURLEY ‐ SCOTS
5) TOM PIRODDI ‐NEWINGTON
6) LACHLAN SIMPSON – JOEY’S
7) DYLAN WOODS ‐ SCOTS
8) CAMPBELL CLIFFORD ‐ NEWINGTON
9) THEO STRANG ‐ SCOTS
10) JACK McGREGOR – RIVERVIEW
11) CONNOR HURLEY ‐ RIVERVIEW
12) JAMES HAWKINS – SCOTS
13) SEPESA LOGA‐ TAROGI ‐ NEWINGTON
14) GUY PORTER ‐ SCOTS
15) JACOB RICHARDS – KING’S
16) MAX GIDLER ‐ SCOTS
17) TOM HORTON – JOEY’S
18) BEN HOLLEBON – SHORE
19) NATHAN GITTOES – JOEY’S
20) FERGUS RYAN – KING’S
21) BANJO TRAVIS – JOEY’S
22) BRODIE MELLOR ‐ NEWINGTON
23) DANIEL ENGLAND – SCOTS
UNDER 16’S PRESIDENTS 2ND XV FOR NSW SCHOOLS CHAMPIONSHIPS
1) RYAN HASKARD ‐ SHORE 2) NICK PEPPER – KING’S
3) ALEX HAMILTON – SHORE 4) WILL O’CONNELL – JOEY’S 5) TOM LEAVER – JOEYS
6) JOE DUARTE – NEWINGTON
7) LACHLAN ARCHER – RIVERVIEW
8) CAMERON KING – KING’S
9) LOUIE HEATON – KING’S
10) JACK MADDOCKS – SCOT’S
11) JARROD CULLEN – SCOT’S
12) TELENOTI MOATA’ANE – ST DOMS 13) JAKE LAFELA – KING’S
14) BRANDON TAN – GRAMMAR
15) RONALD STREETER‐MASON – JOEY’S 16) JAMES WILLIAMS – KING’S
17) FERGUS BRAGG – SHORE
18) MOFFETT MALONEY – GRAMMAR 19) JOSH VINCENZ – SHORE
20) HENRY KAMP – SCOT’S
21) LIAM O’CONNOR – NEWINGTON
22) TOM WRIGHT – JOEY’S
23) CHRIS ORPEN – KING

donj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Very surprised to see Eddie king and Dylan grant not in either side. They Are undoubtedly the best backs in the joeys 16a. Anyone have an answer?

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah, simple. Neither of them trialled. I know both kids and their folks and neither boy is that interested. King plays afl and is outstanding and grant prefers league he enjoys playing union with mates for fun but had a league game on the same day of trials and opted for that.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Grant's name actually wasn't put forward in the 10 Joey's boys selected for trialling. King's name was but he couldn't make the trial, training or 22/23 due to work experience in the Tiwis.

knock on

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah true. I spoke to Dylan's dad and he wasn't selected to trial. Bizarre. Did anyone not see his game against view scored a stunning try then set up another. His dad said he played league on Sunday against a team with 8 members of manly Harold matts and scored four tries to be man of the match. Best thing about having shit put on you is rubbing people's noses in it I suppose. Anyway I agree with the earlier post king and grant are the best backs in joeys 16 and anyone who watches would know it.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah true. I spoke to Dylan's dad and he wasn't selected to trial. Bizarre. Did anyone not see his game against view scored a stunning try then set up another. His dad said he played league on Sunday against a team with 8 members of manly Harold matts and scored four tries to be man of the match. Best thing about having shit put on you is rubbing people's noses in it I suppose. Anyway I agree with the earlier post king and grant are the best backs in joeys 16 and anyone who watches would know it.

But View is weak in this group. The real test will be Scots and Kings. Bit harder stopping some of those 100kg+ runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.