• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW U16 Trial Games and Selections 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McLean (32)
Are you serious!!

any standout fullbacks fro, today? there seemed to be a lack of depth in the 15 jersey

With all due respect my friend, but were you actually watching the games? Lets put it this way:

H-A-R-R-Y J-O-N-E-S

lmao ... lmao ... he is surely pulling our legs!!
Regards,
Newbie!

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
any others impress? CHS?CAS?CCC?
what were your thoughts on them, if one was to be chosen on the bench
Oscar Popple played some time at fullback when Jones went off, Popple can play wing to so he could be inline for a bench spot.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Oscar Popple played some time at fullback when Jones went off, Popple can play wing to so he could be inline for a bench spot.

I saw that as well. You'll note from the side I chose that I thought he was good enough for a starting spot.

R

rockon

i would be very surprised too see Orr miss out on a starting position in your line up CTPE (but a great line-up anyway), i thought that he asserted his dominance on the field in all 3 games. much more reliable and aggressive on ball player and runner then Matson as well, cant say i saw much of the Joeys fulla though, hearing good reports though . Also surprised that there was no mention of the CAS 2's prop? i think his names olah? great leg drive in too contact and great tackling skills.

I also think that it is way to early too judge, although these trials are a great indication, they only have half of the effect on the selectors.

ON TOO THE REGIONAL CARNIVAL I SAY!! LOL

Bill McLean (32)
Sure did; Played well too!

I'm an ijiot - meant to ask about CCC - but interested in CHS as well.

Trying to confirm if M Morgan made an outing for CCC or whether that is another boy sent packing prematurely to league.

MOTH,

For the record mate he did play (however you may already know this no I believe). With that said I actually spoke at length with his father today after a mutual friend introduced us. A very interesting story indeed, especially when given your comment of "another boy sent packing to league."

It is a story for another day perhaps, but let me just say it's a story concerning a battle between League and Union for the hearts and minds of elite juniors that can play both codes!

Regards,
Newbie.

F

For the love of the game.

Are any of these posts by the kids who actually played the game?
It seems to be just parents who THINK they know so much about rugby and other people kids!!!

Rugby Tragic

Chris McKivat (8)
Newbie, did you manage to pass some of that scotch through your kidney stones! I note the Orange men did very well LMAO

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
i would be very surprised too see Orr miss out on a starting position in your line up CTPE (but a great line-up anyway), i thought that he asserted his dominance on the field in all 3 games. much more reliable and aggressive on ball player and runner then Matson as well, cant say i saw much of the Joeys fulla though, hearing good reports though . Also surprised that there was no mention of the CAS 2's prop? i think his names olah? great leg drive in too contact and great tackling skills.

The CAS II's prop you are thinking of is Moala. He did some really good things which stood out but I think the others named have higher work rates and these days props need to be able to play at an effective level for long periods. I noticed in the main final that the GPS starting props Sandell and Streeter were close to the last players replaced in the side and didn't come off until well into the second half. Sandell in particular is not only a very good scrummager but is very mobile and plays at a constantly high tempo.

T

theboss

The CAS II's prop you are thinking of is Moala. He did some really good things which stood out but I think the others named have higher work rates and these days props need to be able to play at an effective level for long periods. I noticed in the main final that the GPS starting props Sandell and Streeter were close to the last players replaced in the side and didn't come off until well into the second half. Sandell in particular is not only a very good scrummager but is very mobile and plays at a constantly high tempo.

Fair enough CTPE, i believe that YES, the props do have to be mobile, and as far as i've seen Orr and Sandell, (only seeing a small part of GPS final), have done that.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Speaking of props, Malcsy if you happened to read this what's happened to Troy Smith?

Didn't see him in the CCC team over the weekend and don't recall seeing him turning out for Warringah at the State Champs -noticed also that he wasn't named in the MNZ U16 team?

C

cold coffee

Speaking of props, Malcsy if you happened to read this what's happened to Troy Smith?

Didn't see him in the CCC team over the weekend and don't recall seeing him turning out for Warringah at the State Champs -noticed also that he wsn't named in the MNZ U16 team?

I asked same question too. Apparently Troy is out for the year with a bad foot injury. That kid goes hard. Shame really.

Bill McLean (32)
Parents who THINK they know!!

Are any of these posts by the kids who actually played the game?
It seems to be just parents who THINK they know so much about rugby and other people kids!!!

My friend,

Perhaps it would be better for you to leave your attitude at the door when you enter this site. Your comments are very unneccessary and perhaps it would be better for you to project that high powered perception of yours inward. It might make you a better person!

With that said what are your credentials when it comes to rugby (and reporting on the same) to sit in judgment and criticise others within this site??? Hmmmm??? Without wanting to sound conceited mine are as follows:

Player: Reserve and 3rd Grade for Western Suburbs (now West Harbour); 1st Grade (Drummoyne -1st Division Subbies)

Other Qualifications: BAppSc(SpMgt), LLB, GDLP, L1 ARU Coach. And last of all, and my proudest acheivement, my QBE! (I wont tell you what I work as because as stated before in this room I want to maintain my anonimity).

I hope this now gives me your blessing to discuss whatever the @#%$& I like as it pertains to schoolboy rugby! Oh, in case your wondering the QBE stands for QUALIFIED BY EXPERIENCE! Perhaps you should get some too; as Confucious used to say, "FIRST ENGAGE MIND BEFORE YOU ENGAGE TONGUE"!!!!

Regards,
Newbie.

C

cold coffee

That is correct CC. And yes it is a shame, he is a top quality prop and a nice kid.

Remember seeing him play the U14 Semi-final Warringah vs Manly in Orange 2years back..... They could well use his game play and go forward next year.... Good luck to him !

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
My friend,

Perhaps it would be better for you to leave your attitude at the door when you enter this site. Your comments are very unneccessary and perhaps it would be better for you to project that high powered perception of yours inward. It might make you a better person!

With that said what are your credentials when it comes to rugby (and reporting on the same) to sit in judgment and criticise others within this site??? Hmmmm??? Without wanting to sound conceited mine are as follows:

Player: Reserve and 3rd Grade for Western Suburbs (now West Harbour); 1st Grade (Drummoyne -1st Division Subbies)

Other Qualifications: BAppSc(SpMgt), LLB, GDLP, L1 ARU Coach. And last of all, and my proudest acheivement, my QBE! (I wont tell you what I work as because as stated before in this room I want to maintain my anonimity).

I hope this now gives me your blessing to discuss whatever the @#%$& I like as it pertains to schoolboy rugby! Oh, in case your wondering the QBE stands for QUALIFIED BY EXPERIENCE! Perhaps you should get some too; as Confucious used to say, "FIRST ENGAGE MIND BEFORE YOU ENGAGE TONGUE"!!!!

Regards,
Newbie.

Oh no he didnt!

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Newbie - I'm with you - if I laid out my credentials, my identity would be instantly identifiable to the point where I may as well just post my real name. For the record I did not play in any of the games being discussed, nor did I have a son playing in any of them, indeed I wasn't even able to get to any of them.

Yes I do know a few of the boys involved and have had a passive interest in their exploits as I do the exploits of many of my friends!.

For the love of the game - nowhere does it say we have to declare our interests or prove whether our opinions are valid - in a conversation, you can either sway others to your opinion or you get swayed to theirs - and then you can always chose to disagree!

Status
Not open for further replies.