• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW V QLD hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PhucNgo

Virgil said:
Why the hell is this turning into a bash the kiwi thread?!

Lets get back on track shall we ladies...
Interstate hatred etc....

that is all...

Sorry Virgil. Meant no offence. ::)

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Well done NSW on the win, hope the strewak continues and you can win the title for the sake of Oz rugby. Hopefully Qld can lift themselves to NSW' level so that Oz can have 2 title contenders and more players vying for Wallaby selection.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pissed off that we lost I really thought we would win last night but well done to the Tahs they dominated the set piece & Benn Robinson was a huge difference.

Surprised that our lineout went so shit after having such a good game against the Cheetahs.

F

formeropenside

I blame Mark Bell, who in a few short years has turned Queensland's forwards into powder puffs. He must be a NSW trojan horse.

Also - Fainga'a is useless.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
disco said:
Pissed off that we lost I really thought we would win last night but well done to the Tahs they dominated the set piece & Benn Robinson was a huge difference.

Surprised that our lineout went so shit after having such a good game against the Cheetahs.

Baxter smashed Holmes all night as well

R

Rugby Rat

The chasing Tah player was only 2 metres offside before Tahu scored. Leckie the sideline ?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
I blame Mark Bell, who in a few short years has turned Queensland's forwards into powder puffs. He must be a NSW trojan horse. Also - Fainga'a is useless.

I think you're being a bit tough here, fos. Due to the incompetence of the QRU the environment hasn't been conduicive for talented young players to stay and play for the Reds. They really haven't had the cattle the last four years.

Bell? I remarked to LG last night the Reds have an ex-New South Wales hooker as forwards coach while the Tahs have an ex-Queensland rake to run their pigs around. That's the way of professional rugby. Mooney chose Bell to join him on the Reds coaching staff after their successful effort with Australian under 19s in 2006.

F

formeropenside

Lindommer said:
formeropenside said:
I blame Mark Bell, who in a few short years has turned Queensland's forwards into powder puffs. He must be a NSW trojan horse. Also - Fainga'a is useless.

I think you're being a bit tough here, fos. Due to the incompetence of the QRU the environment hasn't been conduicive for talented young players to stay and play for the Reds. They really haven't had the cattle the last four years.

Bell? I remarked to LG last night the Reds have an ex-New South Wales hooker as forwards coach while the Tahs have an ex-Queensland rake to run their pigs around. That's the way of professional rugby. Mooney chose Bell to join him on the Reds coaching staff after their successful effort with Australian under 19s in 2006.

I'm not. A few years ago the Reds scrum was great, now it got bested by Al Baxter. If thats not several backward steps, I dont know what is.

H

hi-jinks

The Mark Bell experiment has worked a treat. Excelent.
He managed to get a fued going with Moore, so he left. He has so much more to do though. QLD were far too competitive last night for my liking.

Anyway, I heard a great stat last night re NSW V QLD games.
The total played was around 285. Of which NSW has won around 180, QLD around 80 and the rest were draws.

R

Rugby Rat

formeropenside said:
Lindommer said:
formeropenside said:

I'm not. A few years ago the Reds scrum was great, now it got bested by Al Baxter. If thats not several backward steps, I dont know what is.
Baxter is the form Aussie prop over the last 12 months. Full credit to him. Robinson the other half of the Wallaby front row. The Reds did a good job of things when you put big Al's form in the context of the argument.

Unfortunately I went for a surf and didn't make it to the game. Hope all that went enjoyed the arm wrestle.

R

rugbywhisperer

formeropenside said:
Scarfman said:
formeropenside said:
*shrug*

Yes, I hate NSW, and the favouritism the ARU shows them.

Mate, in recent years we've had QLD coaches, captains, admins, had half the team picked from QLD, and still the QLDers are convinced that everyone's against them.

Only a QLDer would blame NSW for losing all their academy to the Force. And I don't think it was a NSWman whose Board replaced the coach with the Chairman, or hired Eddie Jones, etc etc. We even tried to move half the ARU to Ballymore until a QLDer (Rudd) stopped it.

Deadset, get over it.

Don't start me on politicians. I bet Rudd is a soccer fan - or maybe AFL - if he follows sport at all.

This may come as a surprise (MOT) but Rudd I believe has never played sport.
Geez, who would have thunk it.

P

PhucNgo

formeropenside said:
Lindommer said:
formeropenside said:

I think it probably demonstrates a few steps forward on Baxter's part. Ben Robinson also had Dayna Edwards as his manslave on Friday - on his knees the whole night.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
formeropenside said:

He's had his issues in the past, but the bloke has poleaxed nearly every LHP put in front of him in the last 12 months - at Test level with the added handicap of Sharpe destabilising his scrum - and you're still of the belief he's shit. I shall enjoy very much watching the game (when I get a few minutes) and will think of the sour grapes some of you are force-feeding yourself at this point in time. ::)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Baxter in tight head prop years in just getting into maturity.

He was thrown in the deep end because we had no one else and he unfortunately has done his formative years as a prop under intense public scrutiny.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I was watching RWC2003 semifinal just the other day and then remembered it was his debut season at Test level! Got part of one Test against the ABs when Benny Darwin cracked his neck, and then straight into the World Cup...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
fatprop said:
Baxter in tight head prop years in just getting into maturity.

that's going a little easy on him mate. He's 32. Most ex-props will say 27/28. A professional era prop you could argue should be a bit younger, particularly a career prop like Baxter (as opposed to a relocated prop like Richard Harry etc). He's been in the Wallaby team for 6 years now which is a fair grace period. I remember hearing about him around the time of his NSW debut, even before that, running around for Norths (I was in Sydney at the time) and he was promoted as this highly skilled, tough as teak, mobile prop who could play both sides. That was a decade a go. He's playing damn well, but if he's only maturing now, he's a couple of years behind the bell curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.