• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora - Next Wobs Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
There is a reds v ARU power grab going on. Jim wants the CEO badge, others don't want him to have it. As a result they will vote against anyone aligned with the Reds getting power.

I still think link was a chance til quadegate, now that chance seems unlikely unless they rip Quades contract up.

Either way, link will be coach, Jim not CEO or Jim will be CEO & link won't be coach.

If deans goes early, then nuci will step in until an appointment, if that appointment doesn't happen before the EOYT, then they will argue that a new coach won't have enough time and Nuci will take us to the lions tour.
What exactly is the benefit for the reds franchise losing their coach and/or their CEO? If they had any business sense at all, they would be doing everything in their power to keep as many of their quality coaching and management staff within the organisation as possible.

W

What2040

am sure it has been said many times but I still find it hard to reconcile having a Kiwi coaching our national team - equally sure that an Aussie coach would ever happen to coach the AB's. Be a riot over in our eastern isles

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
What exactly is the benefit for the reds franchise losing their coach and/or their CEO? If they had any business sense at all, they would be doing everything in their power to keep as many of their quality coaching and management staff within the organisation as possible.

Richard graham is your head coach. The ARU has been abut state divide for years, it isn't about the reds themselves. It isn't a bad thing, it's just old boy politics, it keeps getting mentioned by Growden, Harris etc. it's power, everyone wants power.

J

Jiggles

Sure - but they invented player power and you cant condemn a coach down there just because the players didnt want him anymore: but there is more and later evidence against him

Yeah you can't condone it, but he has a history (like Mitchell and Deans) of players telling him to, if you will excuse my french, fuck off. It hasn't been just the Brumbies.

I don't think that is something you can ignore and it is a big red mark against him, if you ask me. The Head coach is a manager and If I were interviewing some one for a managerial position in my office who had a history of being forced out or having incidents with his subordinates, I wouldn't give him the position. No bloody way.

It'd be interesting to see what U20 players thought of him, but mind you they probably don't know any better.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
But as the pressure on the national body begins to intensify, the ARU appears to have been forced into a new and more desperate game, criticising the one component of Australian rugby that is thriving at present, Queensland.

In the wake of Quade Cooper's ill-timed, poorly thought-through and yet potentially valuable outburst last week, sections of the Sydney media have begun to speculate openly about a Queensland conspiracy not only to replace Deans with Ewen McKenzie as Wallabies coach but also John O'Neill with Jim Carmichael as ARU CEO.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...atient-is-fading/story-e6frg7v6-1226484954942

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah you can't condone it, but he has a history (like Mitchell and Deans) of players telling him to, if you will excuse my french, fuck off. It hasn't been just the Brumbies.

I don't think that is something you can ignore and it is a big red mark against him, if you ask me. The Head coach is a manager and If I were interviewing some one for a managerial position in my office who had a history of being forced out or having incidents with his subordinates, I wouldn't give him the position. No bloody way.

It'd be interesting to see what U20 players thought of him, but mind you they probably don't know any better.
Thats my point - you wouldnt condemn him on one problem but he's got a track record

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
There is a reds v ARU power grab going on. Jim wants the CEO badge, others don't want him to have it. As a result they will vote against anyone aligned with the Reds getting power.

Fair's Fair WJ - You seem pretty keen on seeing "evidence" in another thread about JON's outside gig at Echo, despite the massive weight of circumstantial evidence to the contrary, so I'd suggest you apply the same standards here before pulling out a statement like the one above.

Unless of course you actually have some real evidence, rather than the mumbling of what passes for rugby journalists in Aus? Given JON's track record with selective leaks to journo's, the line above "Sections of the Sydney media have begun to speculate openly..", one could assume with some confidence that your man JON has launched a pre-emptive strike.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
am sure it has been said many times but I still find it hard to reconcile having a Kiwi coaching our national team - equally sure that an Aussie coach would ever happen to coach the AB's. Be a riot over in our eastern isles

The very one and same individual that has been suggested to keep the young'uns awake with nightmares has ventured across the Dutch and coached over there. He was warmly regarded IIRC, and returned to this side of the Tasman with his dance card enhanced.

There were no riots in the streets of Auckland and their national bird did not suddenly give up being nocturnal as a result.

Some would say that the gentlemen in question should have stayed marked as EXPORT ONLY.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Fair's Fair WJ - You seem pretty keen on seeing "evidence" in another thread about JON's outside gig at Echo, despite the massive weight of circumstantial evidence to the contrary, so I'd suggest you apply the same standards here before pulling out a statement like the one above.

Unless of course you actually have some real evidence, rather than the mumbling of what passes for rugby journalists in Aus? Given JON's track record with selective leaks to journo's, the line above "Sections of the Sydney media have begun to speculate openly..", one could assume with some confidence that your man JON has launched a pre-emptive strike.

There been more than that written on it, I will do some more googling later just for you. But heads up, if JON (not my man, please reread my other comments on him) "has launched a pre-emptive strike" then doesn't that prove there is a fire?

I'm not saying its right or wrong, just that there is movement in motion on the political front.

If only someone could provide circumstancual evidence in the other thread that wasn't there own opinion you may have a point.

J

Jiggles

There been more than that written on it, I will do some more googling later just for you. But heads up, if JON (not my man, please retread my other comments on him) "has launched a pre-emotive strike" then doesn't that prove there is a fire?

If there is a "pre-emptive strike" then the Board should do its job and sack JON.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why? Maybe Jim is in the wrong, we have no idea why it's happening, evidence just points to the fact there is some political fighting about it.
As you know WJ I have a variable aproach to the need for "evidence" but I have seen nothing in Carmichaels behaviour to suggest theres an issue.
The one line in the press release about QC (Quade Cooper) being happy at the Reds is really pretty innocuous in the context of the shit storm he was dealing with. Plus I think QC (Quade Cooper) says (or at least said, last week) he was happy at the Reds.
There's always a chance that JON feels threatened by independence and competence, 2 things he seems to dislike in anyone he has to deal with.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
As you know WJ I have a variable aproach to the need for "evidence" but I have seen nothing in Carmichaels behaviour to suggest theres an issue.
The one line in the press release about QC (Quade Cooper) being happy at the Reds is really pretty innocuous in the context of the shit storm he was dealing with. Plus I think QC (Quade Cooper) says (or at least said, last week) he was happy at the Reds.
There's always a chance that JON feels threatened by independence and competence, 2 things he seems to dislike in anyone he has to deal with.

I don't havea dog in the fight, though I do find it interesting that people seem to think an organisation struggling for money doesn't have a third tier comp, a winning national team etc etc due to JONs decisions. I do look forward to the ARU rolling in cash and opulence under different leadership. Especially since average fans don't k ow who JoN is and he has no bearing on if they watch rugby or not.

I agree Jim has done an awesome job and if he is able to do the same thing at national level then he would be a great option, I do however think that all options should be explored. In the wish for independence Jim is no longer independent. Maybe trying to replicate his appointment with another administrator from outside the sport might be an option as well.

Either way, it doesn't address the short term need for coaching change when the CeO won't change til 2014.

J

Jiggles

I would definitely be all for an outsider with experience under Demetriou down at AFL House. I really don't like that sport and the muppets that follow it evangelically down south, but you can't doubt their ability to run their code and anyone working under Vlad would have picked up valuable insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.