• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nucifora - Next Wobs Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Lets complete the farce, lets sack Deans and install P.Diddy.

Seriously though, this shit needs to be sorted out quick smart, it is causing too much damage to this great game in this country.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Doesn't ARU need finance/money?

HJ my outsider looking in impression with guys who work in finance/money is that they dont actually generate anything they just take a clip on the way through.;)
Having said that he coached one of my sons and he is a doer and would give it 100% just as he did when playing.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Richard graham is your head coach. The ARU has been abut state divide for years, it isn't about the reds themselves. It isn't a bad thing, it's just old boy politics, it keeps getting mentioned by Growden, Harris etc. it's power, everyone wants power.
Ewan is the director of coaching, moving on to director of rugby. Roles which offer greater scope and greater opportunities for professional development and advancement, but still able to strongly influence the coaching of the team. That's sounds to me like the reds are doing all they can to keep him FROM going to the wallabies coaching role. If he stayed as just coach he would be ripe for the picking.

As for any other positions (CEO etc), whilst an individual may wish to have greater power, I cannot believe any organisation as a whole would see any benefit at all in losing a very successful and influential figure to a national governing body. Old boy politics surely can't be that demented.

Please give me another reason based on something vaguely sane, as I am struggling to believe that one (and I usually am pretty comfortable with a tin foil hat on my head).

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Gel - when has the ARU politics made sense, as I have already corrected myself, it isn't about the reds organisation v the ARU but more politics based on state lines. I apologies I didn't make that clear.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Then this statement: "Also there have been suggestions in the media that Quade's actions are part of a Queensland Rugby campaign to bring about a coaching change at a national level, however, I can assure you this is not correct." This is disingenuous. There is a Queensland push for Ewen McKenzie to become the Wallabies coach and Carmichael to succeed John O'Neill as the ARU's chief executive

Why would Carmichael, who knows this history, publish such a self-serving newsletter to Reds supporters? Is it unreasonable to suggest it is an attempt to create the impression within the rugby community that the QRU supports the complaints made by Cooper?

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-unio...p--its-him-20120928-26qlp.html#ixzz288RcfaW0v

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Queensland officials were quick to deny there is a concerted campaign north of the border for Ewen McKenzie to replace Deans as Wallabies coach. No matter what, R&M has had it confirmed from several officials in the know that there has for some time been a push from up north for the Reds' chief executive officer, Jim Carmichael, to be the man to take over from John O'Neill when he leaves the Australian Rugby Union at the end of next year. Several influential figures are involved in leading the ''Carmichael for the ARU'' push.

http://www.araratadvertiser.com.au/story/364298/cure-found-for-captaincy-conundrum/

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Power Politics along state lines where the ONLY suggestions of a power struggle are coming from south of the border. And from gossip columnists at that.

Sheesh.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
WJ I've got an open mind but citing Spiro and Growden hasn't helped your case.
Gels got a point; how does link getting tHe wallabies job help QLD?
I once subscribed to the idea that his "promotion" was setting the stage but it seems a little too remote this far into season 2012, with the deck chairs still in the same position they were in in March.
And if link is the anointed successor what of the suggestion that one of his terms is the departure of JON - surely no self respecting board, even if tired of their CEO, would accept an ultimatum prior to appointment from the next Chief Operating Officer: it only sets a dangerous precedent.
But the foregoing just shows what a god awful mess JON got us into it by re-signing his mate before we knew whether he'd hit the KPI or not.
My info is that Deans has a kid doing the HSC next year and that's why the contract extends that far: even if sacked he will be paid out and see that through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Power Politics along state lines where the ONLY suggestions of a power struggle are coming from south of the border. And from gossip columnists at that.

Sheesh.

Fair enough. Even so, 3 sources and counting, as I said, I don't have a dog in the fight but it seems that's fight is brewing. If the leaks are coming from south of the border that's one thing, but the leaks are coming because of the perceived threat from the north, hence why it's a fight along state lines.

Inside shoulder- Growden got a lot right this year dispite the crap we lay on him. He really isn't writing anything bizarrely out there in the topic just that there is a push for certain figures to be placed in positions. With JON having a year left and already stating he is going to retire after that the more shocking thing would be if there wasn't a push by anyone.

The fact there has been articles written that suggest link will only take the job if there is a shake up etc would surely be enough to provide those already on the board who feel there in a position that could come under threat for Said change fight back. Hence the political moves & leaks.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fair enough. Even so, 3 sources and counting, as I said, I don't have a dog in the fight but it seems that's fight is brewing. If the leaks are coming from south of the border that's one thing, but the leaks are coming because of the perceived threat from the north, hence why it's a fight along state lines.

Inside shoulder- Growden got a lot right this year dispite the crap we lay on him. He really isn't writing anything bizarrely out there in the topic just that there is a push for certain figures to be placed in positions. With JON having a year left and already stating he is going to retire after that the more shocking thing would be if there wasn't a push by anyone.

The fact there has been articles written that suggest link will only take the job if there is a shake up etc would surely be enough to provide those already on the board who feel there in a position that could come under threat for Said change fight back. Hence the political moves & leaks.
I agree about Growden, much as I loathe him and the rest is not implausible so the ship limps on...women and children first.
One day this period will seem like bad dream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Your passion-to-consistency ratio is creaking WJ.

Over in the JO'N thread you argue that, essentially, hard factual proof must be produced to confirm any real operating or focus or time dilution problem wrt JON's 'dual roles' with the ARU as CEO and Echo as Chairman.

Yet here, GG's wholly anonymous gossip and tittle-tattle is enough for you to categorically declaim, with no doubt (and yet despite Carmichael's open denials to his members), that there's a knowing and deliberate QRU push to instal two of the QRU's senior officers into senior ARU roles.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Your passion-to-consistency ratio is creaking WJ.

Over in the JO'N thread you argue that, essentially, hard factual proof must be produced to confirm any real operating or focus or time dilution problem wrt JON's 'dual roles' with the ARU as CEO and Echo as Chairman.

Yet here, GG's wholly anonymous gossip and tittle-tattle is enough for you to categorically declaim, with no doubt (and yet despite Carmichael's open denials to his members), that there's a knowing and deliberate QRU push to instal two of the QRU's senior officers into senior ARU roles.

Nope, read it and try again.

I said its obvious there is political monuvering. I didn't say anyone was right or wrong. Repeated that I wasn't n anyone's side. Have given three examples from 3 different jurnos that there is a push on.

In the JON Missing thread, there is one article sighted that people are "concerned" abut his dual roles, an article that sights he does long hours at the ARU. My question in that thread was to the opening posts and following assumptions by some that the problems with Australian rugby are caused by JoN a) having that job & b) being missing from the ARu half the time. Something no one seems to be able to find one example to back up.

I don't care who the CEO is, as I've said, a properly run sporting team is about the team itself not about the back room. Not knowing what there doing doesn't bother me, results do. In that instance where not in the right place. Questioning decisions is fine but saying someone is not doing there job half the time is another thing completely.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
WJ, I don't think that was the point of RedsHappy's post. It was the seemingly different acceptance to presenting opinions as fact in the two instances.
I think.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Redshappy - can I just ad, I believe both Growden and Carmichael. I don't find it a stretch to believe that Carmichael wants the ARU job, he is an excellent administrator that has done a fantastic job, if he has personal ambition then doing a similar thing with the national game would surely be on the agenda. I believe link wants the wallaby job, he has stated this publicly.

I believe Jim when he says there isn't a push on as that is a bit conspiracy theory.

The thought of Jim wanting a job, being backed by others. Then those who would be on the outer fighting back is surely not hard to believe is it? That isn't to say there is the need for a fight, just that in a political hotspots like the ARu it's likely however stupid it is.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
WJ, I don't think that was the point of RedsHappy's post. It was the seemingly different acceptance to presenting opinions as fact in the two instances.
I think.

I don't think I've explained my point in the JON thread well, but needless to say, if I could I accept your apologies.

In the mean time. 3 different sources about Qld pushing for there man at the ARu vs 0 for JoN not having enough time for the ARU.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't think I've explained my point in the JON thread well, but needless to say, if I could I accept your apologies.

In the mean time. 3 different sources about Qld pushing for there man at the ARu vs 0 for JoN not having enough time for the ARU.
Firstly, I am not apologising to you, nor am I about to.
Secondly, your comparison is bunk. In both cases, there are several opinion pieces presented in the media with respect to both issues. One might argue a more expert basis on one hand, but you wouldn't, I'm sure. You demand hard evidence on one hand, yet are happy to accept rumour as basis for reality on the other.
You are being obtuse, and I suspect you will continue.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm SURE this has been said numerous times BUT I'll say it again... GET McKenzie in there ASAP! Sorry Robbie but your time in the limelight has come to an end.

#JustMy5cents...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Firstly, I am not apologising to you, nor am I about to.
Secondly, your comparison is bunk. In both cases, there are several opinion pieces presented in the media with respect to both issues. One might argue a more expert basis on one hand, but you wouldn't, I'm sure. You demand hard evidence on one hand, yet are happy to accept rumour as basis for reality on the other.
You are being obtuse, and I suspect you will continue.

It's not my intent. I never asked for hard evidence, I asked for an example. I said "have you seen his schedule" but honestly cyclo, having met me do you believe I actually expected a photocopy of his diary or that I was respinding to things such as "asleep at the wheel" or "missing half the time", equally overstated posts.

If by several articles on the Echo front you mean people writing about the problems at echo, alright. There are problems at echo. What I asked repeatedly for was examples of his involvement in echo affecting his work at the ARU, one article that contradicted itself was used and only one, I googled to and found nothing else on the matter.

I'm not being obtuse or asking for to much. I see a difference, you don't, can we move on? I've stopped posting the JoN is the devil thread, as far as I'm concerned I would prefer to post in threads were people were not belittled for having a different opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.