• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ domestic competitions 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I sure am You're, have to think the Naki are pretty hot favourites, but after quick turn around and the old 'Tu' may just be extra fired up.......

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Miracle try for 'naki 21 seals it. Possibly a better plant than Duffie's recent effort.

EDIT: double strike & as good as 'naki have been, Manawatu don't deserve to go down by 21.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Big picture-wise that puts Taranaki five points in front of Canterbury with North Harbour & Auckland, respectively, to play. Head to head is the first tie-breaker so 'naki will be top seed & Cantabs second regardless but third & fourth very much open with Harbour on 32 but likely to be overhauled by Tasman on 30 who've got Counties last up.

Short version: SF 1 Taranaki v Harbour, SF 2 Cantabs v Tasman, GF Taranaki v Cantabs. They say revenge is a dish best served cold but I'll settle for luke-warm if I must :)

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big picture-wise that puts Taranaki five points in front of Canterbury with North Harbour & Auckland, respectively, to play. Head to head is the first tie-breaker so 'naki will be top seed & Cantabs second regardless but third & fourth very much open with Harbour on 32 but likely to be overhauled by Tasman on 30 who've got Counties last up.

Short version: SF 1 Taranaki v Harbour, SF 2 Cantabs v Tasman, GF Taranaki v Cantabs. They say revenge is a dish best served cold but I'll settle for luke-warm if I must :)

mmm prospects for a great finals series are looking good.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
If Northland can pick up a point tonight in Wellywood they'll make the Championship SF having beaten Otago, who can also finish with 26 points, in the RR. If they don't they need Otago to lose to Southland and/ or Manawatu to Hawkes Bay, either of which you'd have to say seem unlikely.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Miracle try for 'naki 21 seals it. Possibly a better plant than Duffie's recent effort.

EDIT: double strike & as good as 'naki have been, Manawatu don't deserve to go down by 21.

Lol yep WOB and the miracle try was scored by a boy who's dad is from Levin, so the Nua has to get some credit.........

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Heartland-wise South Cant'y will surely finish top qualifier for the Meads Cup, three points clear & playing winless East Coast. Winner of Buller v TMN will host the other SF but the loser could be demoted to fourth if North Otago knock Wanganui over.

In the Lochore, two of loser of NO v W, Mid Cant'y & West Coast will host the other & winner of Thames Valley v Poverty Bay.

I've foolishly committed to spending Finals weekend cleaning up the homestead but should TMN make the Final & should that Final be in the North Island I'm hopeful of demanding/ grovelling for leave to attend :) Best chance appears to be Wanganui getting it together v NO then knocking over SC to set up a repeat of the famous 1993 NPC Division Three Grand Final.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
HT Wellington 12-10 Northland. JG-B doing the classic chip kick onto the crossbar, regather & score he clearly learnt at Daddy's knee :)

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Highlights:

Looks like curtains for Northland, hopefully they can retain the bulk of their players (I know Ranger's back off o/s) & give it another crack next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.