• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Awards are being handed out:

New Zealand Rugby Age Grade Player of the Year: Josh Lord (Taranaki)

Heartland Championship Player of the Year: Willie Wright (South Canterbury)

Duane Monkley Medal [NPC POTY]: Stephen Perofeta (Taranaki)

Fiao'o Faamausili Medal [Farah Palmer Cup POTY]: Krystal Murray (Northland)

Super Rugby Player of the Year: Richie Mo'unga (Crusaders)

New Zealand Rugby Referee of the Year: Ben O'Keeffe (Auckland)

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Domestic Coach of the Year: Ross Filipo (Waikato NPC)

International Coach of the Year: Cory Sweeney & Alan Bunting (Women's 7's)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tom French Cup (Maori POTY): Sarah Hirini - first female winner, I believe. Wouldn't bet against her also taking out the Kel Tremain for overall POTY.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Black Ferns POTY: Kennedy Simon - in her rookie year, no less.

AB POTY: Ardie Savea

Kel Tremain overall POTY: Sarah Hirini completes the treble.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Buggered if I know how Neil Barnes missed domestic coach of the year too, had to be bloody close!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Buggered if I know how Neil Barnes missed domestic coach of the year too, had to be bloody close!
I know it not right thread WOB, but just having fun going through a box of stuff. Ex son'in laws mum has gone into care, and as daughter was helping him clean up house they came across a lot of old rugby prgrammes etc, he asked daughter to give them to me as he knows (like his Dad was when alive) I am somewhat of a rugby tragic, he was also sports writer for the Chronicle. Some good ones there including the Nua Maori vs Pakeha game from 1964, a few Nua rep games from 60s as well as quite a few club ones from the 80s. Also was interseted to see early 90s curtainraiser team had one Stephen Kearney in the Nua schoolboy team, and I had known he was a Waikanae boy way back when. Very good read as Ken Swain always did prgrammes well I thought.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New NPC format released:

TLDR:

* 2 x 7-team conferences, seeded by previous season results (odds & evens).

* Play everyone in your conference plus four teams from the other.

* Top 4 from each conference make playoffs.

* I like very much.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
New NPC format released:

TLDR:

* 2 x 7-team conferences, seeded by previous season results (odds & evens).

* Play everyone in your conference plus four teams from the other.

* Top 4 from each conference make playoffs.

* I like very much.
That's great news I reckon WOB, I had read it and didn't want to be the one to post it in last year's thread!!! ;)
I reckon it will be universally approved of by most of rugby public in NZ. Already I looking forward to it, I have even thought although I NEVER wear team jerseys , I will break my rule and go and get myself a Naki one, time to go hard out!!