• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ thought it was a bit harsh for the 'tu scrum to be in YC territory when it was getting pushed around everywhere as opposed to collapsing 5m out. Their skipper looked perplexed & frustrated, half expected him to tell Sir "it's not our fault their scrum is so much better than ours"!

Edit: 'naki v Stags is today at 2:05 not tomorrow? If you're heading up to Ingers be sure to wind your windows up when going through Stratford ;)

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez been in both places of interest this week to WOB, New World in Stratford and Bunnings here!! :mad:
Haven't been able to track down tickets with such limited numbers toady anyway!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Taranaki made to work hard for their place in the Final:

Edit: draw says Championship Final is at 7:05 Friday night but does Inglewood have broadcast-quality lights? Looks like all 'naki home games have been either 2:05 or 4:35 kickoffs.

Edit: just caught Stags skipper Tony Lamborn's post-match which I doubt will ever make YouTube on account of him saying that all those saying Southland didn't deserve to be there could "shove it up their arses". Gold!

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Taranaki made to work hard for their place in the Final:

Edit: draw says Championship Final is at 7:05 Friday night but does Inglewood have broadcast-quality lights? Looks like all 'naki home games have been either 2:05 or 4:35 kickoffs.

Edit: just caught Stags skipper Tony Lamborn's post-match which I doubt will ever make YouTube on account of him saying that all those saying Southland didn't deserve to be there could "shove it up their arses". Gold!
Said to my wife, now there's the quote of the year for a rugby captain!!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez I think I might settle down soon, that Mako/Hawke Eye match was a blinder. I actually wondered if Oztich may have left his subs a bit late, some of the Hawke Eye's forwards were looking stuffed with 20 to go.
Both teams had young players I like look of (apart from all the usuals, Mako I keep raving about that kid , but I really like the way Segner plays at 7. And the No 2 for the bay looks to have the goods too!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Mooloos v Cantabs should get the heart rate back sub-200 ;)

WRT Segner I think that's the last we'll see of him for a while, that shoulder looked pretty ugly as he was leaving :( God knows who's playing 7 next week.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mooloos trying to play dry track footy in the wet & Cantabs just soaking it up. The longer this goes on the more likely Cantabs will get & take their chance(s).

Edit: someone must've sent the word down, Mooloos tighten it up & eventually get the reward. Grind-fest now on the cards & fuck knows who wins that.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shoulda been the Final:

Feel for Magpies, been the second-best team (just behind 'naki) in the comp but Mako just too good on the day. There-peat is on, boys & girls!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lochore Cup (3rd v 4th) highlights:

Whanganui's second Lochore Cup to go with their eight Meads Cups - ten trophies in 16 (Edit: actually 15 as there was no HC last year) years, pretty good record that.

Bill Osborne Trophy (5th v 6th) wasn't televised - Poverty Bay 33-26 Mid Canterbury in Gisborne.

There's another new award, the Ian Kirkpatrick Medal for Heartland POTY. Great to see another two heartland rugby legends acknowledged in that way.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
South Canterbury win their first Meads Cup in their third Final (but have a coupla Lochore Cup wins to their name) which is a somewhat surprisingly low return for a Union that's produced 20+ AB, held the Shield twice & can draw on players from the Cantab system.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saturday 20th4.00pmChampionship Final - Taranaki v OtagoTET Stadium & Events CentreInglewood

Premiership Final venue still showing as "TBC" but unless Auntie Jacinda makes an unexpected announcement wrt to Hamilton exiting lockdown this week it'll likely be Rotorua International Stadium.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Aunty says we're allowed outside to play from Wednesday!

Premiership Final should now be at FMG & in theory the place could be at quarter-capacity: guidelines say every second row has to be closed & there have to be two empty seats between groups of people from the same bubble.

Edit: maybe not....

Saturday 20th7.05pmPremiership Final - Waikato v TasmanRotorua International StadiumRotorua

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Aunty says we're allowed outside to play from Wednesday!

Premiership Final should now be at FMG & in theory the place could be at quarter-capacity: guidelines say every second row has to be closed & there have to be two empty seats between groups of people from the same bubble.

Edit: maybe not....

Saturday 20th7.05pmPremiership Final - Waikato v TasmanRotorua International StadiumRotorua
Surely that will get changed back to FMG

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely that will get changed back to FMG

MoH guidelines for events appear to have been tweaked & now say you can have as many people as you want provided you can keep them at least a metre apart. Problem areas will be the food & beverage court & of course the toilets.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sky now advertising a 2:05 kickoff for 'naki v Otago.
I reckon that will be a bloody good game, weather looking good up here, and Otago are not mugs, I looking forward to it!
Only trouble is last weekend of NPC, though I must admit a few weeks off rugby maybe a chance to do more stuff on weekends :D ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well bugger me, Friday night and no rugby on tv, I had forgotten there was other than sports channel on a Friday? I hope Mrs Dan doesn't get comfortable watching any series over nest while!! :(