• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ so they spent all that money acquiring the necessary land & pissed off/ ruined the livelihood of all those affected & they haven't even built the goddamn road yet? Faark me that's piss poor even for whatever they're calling Transit NZ these days.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ so they spent all that money acquiring the necessary land & pissed off/ ruined the livelihood of all those affected & they haven't even built the goddamn road yet? Faark me that's piss poor even for whatever they're calling Transit NZ these days.[/quote
They almost finished earthquake valley, and the rest is being done, was being stopped in Otaki when Labour won election a few years back as Jacinda and crew decided they wanted the money for something else (no doubt the fantasy 10000 houses they were going to build) , but with covid they decided to get back into the Otaki/Levin section. The bypass for Otaki looks like ot pretty close the new bridge etc all looks done, just a bit to join up south of there.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Article in today's Hurld says all Farah Palmer Cup matches will be shown on sky & that each week there'll be an NPC & an Farah Palmer Cup match shown FTA: no details on what channel but presumably Prime.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know it's not domestic as such, but did anyone watch thet Auckland Grammar/Kings College game? 125th year of games between them and a bloody good game. 3 points after 70 minutes to underdogs . There is a few pretty good boys playing in the game.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah I've been watching a few of the 1st XV matches on Monday afternoons (my RDO) lately & the standard is pretty damn good (& most of those "boys" are surely bigger than anyone who ever played 1sts for or against Waiopehu back in the day). Last week they had Palmy North v Hamilton Boys with Carlos' older boy playing fullback & of course his dad was sideline cheering him on.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bllody Grammar had a prop that was down as 155 kgs, though I would check the scales.
I was down at lower level college game in Hawera here last week chatting to some old fella from Auckland, he had been mamaging Ponsonby when Carlos went up there and still good mates, he said his boy was ok.
And to add saw Carlos' old man was at Athletic rugby old timers day, as was Fabian who presented player of day for the Woodmass family.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
A bunch of rampant poachers from Auckland Glamour vs a bunch of pretentious wannabe-Eton poachers. Really struggle to give a bother.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A bunch of rampant poachers from Auckland Glamour vs a bunch of pretentious wannabe-Eton poachers. Really struggle to give a bother.

Mate, tell me a private or high decibel shool in the world who aren't poachers of sport talent. Such is what it is, and where you go to see all best players.
Like it or not the better the school usually means bigger their ability to poach!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shield rugby is back:

Hawke’s Bay 85 (Jason Long 2, Lolagi Visinia 2, Josh Kaifa 2, Kienan Higgins, Tom Parsons, Jacob Devery, Anzelo Tuitavuki, Danny Toala, Namatahi Waa, penalty try; Lincoln McClutchie 9 cons) North Otago 0. HT 42-0.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...awkes-bay-run-up-850-victory-over-north-otago

Never saw it advertised but apparently it was Live & Exclusive On Sky last night.....

Next challenger is East Coast on July 24.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shield rugby is back:

Hawke’s Bay 85 (Jason Long 2, Lolagi Visinia 2, Josh Kaifa 2, Kienan Higgins, Tom Parsons, Jacob Devery, Anzelo Tuitavuki, Danny Toala, Namatahi Waa, penalty try; Lincoln McClutchie 9 cons) North Otago 0. HT 42-0.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...awkes-bay-run-up-850-victory-over-north-otago

Never saw it advertised but apparently it was Live & Exclusive On Sky last night...

Next challenger is East Coast on July 24.

Shit I didn't see it on either!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ there's a full replay on the All Blacks YouTube channel, if they put up a highlights package I'll post a link. The hit NO fullback put on Kel Tremain's grandson* made the tv news, I'll try to find that as well.

* Sir BJL's grandson also played for HB, quite the pedigree they've got.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Farah Palmer Cup is underway:

Canterbury 59 (Lucy Anderson, Kendra Cocksedge 2, Grace Brooker 2, Isabella Waterman, Alana Bremner, Olivia McGoverne, Tayla Simpson tries; Cocksedge 5 con, Waterman 2 con) Counties Manukau 12 (Emily Kitson, Amiria Te Iringa tries; Hazel Tubic con). HT: 26-7

Highlights

Auckland 44 (Maia Roos, Shannon Leota, Princess Elliot, Cristo Tofa, Sylvia Brunt, Sam Curtis tries; Rauhei Demant 2 pen, 4 con) Bay of Plenty 12 (Grace Parata-Stewart, Kiki Tahere tries; Ashleigh Timoko con). HT: 15-5

Highlights

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Grassroots Rugby doing their annual "every Club Final" series, one of today's being Paraparaumu v Levin College Old Boys & looks like the Domain was pretty chocka for it. Gotta support the 'nua team v the Kapiti one, I s'pose........

Damn, P'ram win it 36-33 with a 105th-minute PG.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Grassroots Rugby doing their annual "every Club Final" series, one of today's being Paraparaumu v Levin College Old Boys & looks like the Domain was pretty chocka for it. Gotta support the 'nua team v the Kapiti one, I s'pose....

Damn, P'ram win it 36-33 with a 105th-minute PG.

Bugger missed it, still even being a Levin fella, I admit I would of cheered for Pram ahead of 'cough spit vomit' LCOBs, there's not many clubs I actively dislike in this world, but they are one!! Got mates involve with them, but the club upsets my whole being!!!!:mad::mad: