• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I saw where 'naki have already acquired a winger who scored bucketloads of tries in Club comp, probably why they said no thanks to Naholo.

I'm having a problem with "Bunnings Cup" so I'm gunna stick with NPC & Heartland, those being their proper names regardless of which homeware store happens to be sponsoring them atm :).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ I saw where 'naki have already acquired a winger who scored bucketloads of tries in Club comp, probably why they said no thanks to Naholo.

I'm having a problem with "Bunnings Cup" so I'm gunna stick with NPC & Heartland, those being their proper names regardless of which homeware store happens to be sponsoring them atm :).

Yep I npc and heartland in my mind too, mind you I don't have a big a reason as you obviously.;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to kick off of the NPC this weekend, and having games Friday night, Saturday arvo leading up to test and then again Sunday seems a lot more appealing to me then my wife for some reason!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ that's " than FOR my wife" surely Dan?

Probably should of had 'for ' in there WOB. Still can't understand why she not looking absolutely delighted that there so many games on tv, hell I even told her I might come home after he first college game on Saturday instead of going to Opunake to watch second one, so she would have me home........:confused: oh I see the problem?:eek:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NPC starts tomorrow at 17:05 AEST & as usual they're opening with a real blockbuster (\sarc\ but no rant this year, I'm just glad we have an NPC to watch), Manawatu v Counties Manukau. Both are in the Championship or second division.

Saturday:
12:05 Taranaki (Championship) v Hawkes Bay (Premiership or first division)
12:05 Wellington (Pr) v Northland (Ch)
14:35 Otago (Ch) v Southland (Ch)

Sunday:
12:05 Bay of Plenty (Pr) v Tasman (Pr)
12:05 North Harbour (Ch) v Waikato (Pr)
14:35 Auckland (Pr) v Canterbury (Pr)

No prizes for guessing Match of the Round, BoP v Mako, obviously.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well by geez I enjoyed the Manawatu/Counties game last night. Good to see the Tu starting season well, look a not bad team. Counties had a bit of an off night, but think a lot of that was because of manawatu's pressure.
Biggest pleasure was (and usually is in early NPC games) seeing some decent young fellas coming through the grades. I liked the look of Logan Henry at 9, Maraku at 13, but the Tu pack impressed me most, looked to get about their wrok in a pretty good manner lead by their loosies. I thought all 3 were good and Hurley-Langton was probably rightly MOTM, I was quietly impressed with Te Kamaka Howden at 6, he was doing a lot of good work and won a few lieouts, seemed to be there at ruck and maul time, and most importantly was getting off ground quick ,even right at end, to make sure he was there to work.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ thought Cameron went well, too, perhaps well enough to earn a 'canes contract if he keeps it up. Leger otoh I thought had a shocker kicking-wise, put a penalty touch-finder well dead & put two restarts dead that I recall - "coach killers" I think they call those ones.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ thought Cameron went well, too, perhaps well enough to earn a 'canes contract if he keeps it up. Leger otoh I thought had a shocker kicking-wise, put a penalty touch-finder well dead & put two restarts dead that I recall - "coach killers" I think they call those ones.

I thought Cameron went ok and was thinking maybe Canes too WOB, but he off to Japan at end of NPC.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Da fuck? sky have oodles of dormant channels what with Olympics all but over but can't find one to stick BofP v Tasman on?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ hmmm, up-arrow finger must've gotten ahead of eyeballs again :) That said, a screen-crawly thing advising people tuning in to the regular rugby channels that there's also a game on 600 wouldn't have been the dumbest thing sky have ever done........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It took me a minute or 2 to find. Been a bloody good game, Angus Scott-Young having his first game too. By geez theres some ok players in these 2 teams.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highest score for Aux v Cantabs is, I believe, 42-3 just prior to Cantabs' 1982-85 Shield tenure. Seriously under threat here.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Must be a helluva breeze, Cantabs could in theory come back from the dead & steal this.

I thought how the teams went with wind kind of showed how poorly the test teams used it last night.
You right about how well Eden Park held up, commented on fct to missus during the game about not looking like a test had played on it last night, especially with a bit of rain too.