• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep I not down on Christie, and think perhaps we might be a bit better served with Weber for this year and Fakatava in 'A' team, where he will get I think some good game time. Anyway, not something I really get to worked up over, just a thought I had the last couple of weeks, and as pointed out with being a little younger maybe Christie get's the nod, I like a little older one handy for if needed to start a test is all.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
All Blacks released for round three of the NPC
Counties Manukau:
Nepo Laulala, Dalton Papalii, Hoskins Sotutu
Taranaki: Stephen Perofeta
Canterbury: Braydon Ennor
Northland: Ofa Tuungafasi, Jack Goodhue
Wellington: Dane Coles
Tasman: Leicester Fainga'anuku, Sevu Reece
Otago: Josh Dickson
Auckland: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Bay of Plenty: Aidan Ross
Hawke’s Bay: Folau Fakatava

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Round 3:

Counties Manukau v Waikato​

7pm, Friday, August 19

Navigation Homes Stadium, Pukekohe

Taranaki v Canterbury​

2pm, Saturday, August 20

Pukekura Park, New Plymouth

Wellington v Northland​

2pm, Saturday, August 20

Porirua Park, Wellington

North Harbour v Tasman​

4:30pm, Saturday, August 20

North Harbour Stadium, Albany

Auckland v Bay of Plenty​

2pm, Sunday, August 21

Eden Park, Auckland

Southland v Otago​

2pm, Sunday, August 21

Rugby Park, Invercargill

Manawatū v Hawke's Bay​

4:30pm, Sunday, August 21

Central Energy Trust Arena, Palmerston North

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Friday night game will be good I think,
will go up to Naki/Canterbury game on Saturday, and think the Auks/BOP on Sunday well worth watching too.
Take it there no Sat night game as women's test with Wallaroos is on )and good to see they leaving the clear space for it)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Meant to say watched Otago a cople of times this season, and really like the look at of their young 10 Cam Millar. Interesting when I tried to find his agre Wikpedia says he was born 2001-2002 and he is 21-22 regardless he looks a keeper for the Clan next season.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And who is booked to go down to Nelson in 3 weeks? Hoping to catch a NPC game while there too, and friends coming from Aus too.

Jet Set Lifestyle Problems, eh :)

Looks like Buller & West Coast's home games this weekend won't be affected: Victoria Park in Westport is currently a Civil Defence ops centre but Buller expect it to be handed back to them in the morning.

Edit: meanwhile Trafalgar Park in Nelson has also been taken over by Civil Defence & won't be available for Mako v Magpies Farah Palmer Cup tomorrow. Mako can't get out, Magpies can't get in so it's been cancelled & they'll get two points each. The 'naki v Northland Farah Palmer Cup match has been pushed back a coupla hours due to Northland's travel being disrupted.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Anyway went to Naki-Canterbury game yesterday, and being a great husband even took Mrs, though she looked a bit iffy as we drove up to New Plymouth and all you could see was rain etc. I assured her if it was too wet we could leave at halftime (;) wellshe may of needed a crowbar to get me out of my seat, once I at game) but it actually was never more than a drizzle at game, and was one of those games where it was won through attitude and just refusing to lose. Naki won it in first half where they just belted anything in Red and Black,and ahead in wind 10-0 after playing into wind. By end of game Naki boys were almost out on their feet.
Was bloody good game to be at (was pleased to see Jordie Barrett there watching on his week off with ABs too, must of been at family farm down at Rahotu).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well enjoyed the result of Auckland/BOP game today, same as yesterday showed noone is guaranteed of winning games in this comp.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ watched Stags v Otago as I thought Aucks v Steamers was a bit of a foregone... wonder when Aucks & Cantabs both lost in the same NPC Round?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Manawatu seem only team who have not much chance of winning anything, was reading they really broke this year and watching them a clue might be for the first time in living memory they don't have Higgins on front of their jersey, I believe Higgins have been brought by Fletchers Construction, another reason to dislike those pricks!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Fletchers bought Higgins in 2016. Going to be interesting what happens wrt Fletchers' just-approved purchase of Tumu ITM as their logo was on multiple jerseys/ shorts. Also, didn't Crighton's & Mitchpine once part-sponsor 'nua? Seems to be a pattern emerging since the Big Green Sheds got naming rights...

Edit: I could also mention the fact that they're the only branch (as opposed to franchise or joint venture) chain to have shut down sites in recent times, many of them in small- to mid-sized towns in Heartland provinces, but that would just be mean :cool:

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NPC Points (games played):

Odds pool: Otago 14 (4), Hawke’s Bay 14 (4), Waikato 12 (3), Bay of Plenty 11 (3), Counties Manukau 6 (3), Wellington 5 (3), Southland 4 (3).

Evens pool: Auckland 15 (4), Canterbury 11 (3), North Harbour 10 (3), Northland 9 (3), Tasman 6 (3), Taranaki 5 (3), Manawatū 0 (4).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
NPC Points (games played):

Odds pool: Otago 14 (4), Hawke’s Bay 14 (4), Waikato 12 (3), Bay of Plenty 11 (3), Counties Manukau 6 (3), Wellington 5 (3), Southland 4 (3).

Evens pool: Auckland 15 (4), Canterbury 11 (3), North Harbour 10 (3), Northland 9 (3), Tasman 6 (3), Taranaki 5 (3), Manawatū 0 (4).
Would of been some good odds on Otago leading odds pool after 4 games WOB, or Wellington being where they are, or the Naki even. It's pretty good I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.