• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Rugby 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was quite interested yesterday, at golf club and a few of the old fellas there were raving how much they love NPC. These same fellas were saying how they have gone off rugby for most of this year, too robotic like, etc etc. But have been reinvigorated it seems with NPC, and was pleased to hear it as I say it my favourite comp bar none. Also happened to post on facebook (which I don't do often) mainly to say how good a pub/resteraunt was that wife and I went to before Naki game on Sat, got a reply form a couple of mates saying hell had seen game, and they enjoyed it but thought it looked cold etc. Now that pleased me as well to know some rugby men over in Aus are also enjoying the comp, and my best mate there also watches a lot of it. So good to know there is a comp seemingly generating positive comments etc and fans are enjoying so much. I know most of our Aus brethren on here don't watch it, but it is a bloody good comp!
Anyway my little rant or whatever about something I pretty keen on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NPC Round 4:

Tasman v Canterbury​

5:30pm, Friday, August 26

Lansdowne Park, Blenheim

Waikato v Manawatū​

7:30pm, Friday, August 26

FMG Stadium, Hamilton

Hawke's Bay v North Harbour - Ranfurly Shield​

2pm, Saturday, August 27

McLean Park, Napier

Auckland v Otago​

5pm, Saturday, August 27

Eden Park, Auckland

Bay of Plenty v Counties Manukau​

2pm, Sunday, August 27

Tauranga Domain

Wellington v Taranaki​

2pm, Sunday, August 27

Sky Stadium, Wellington

Northland v Southland​

4:30pm, Sunday, August 27

Semenoff Stadium, Whangārei

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Was quite interested yesterday, at golf club and a few of the old fellas there were raving how much they love NPC. These same fellas were saying how they have gone off rugby for most of this year, too robotic like, etc etc. But have been reinvigorated it seems with NPC, and was pleased to hear it as I say it my favourite comp bar none. Also happened to post on facebook (which I don't do often) mainly to say how good a pub/resteraunt was that wife and I went to before Naki game on Sat, got a reply form a couple of mates saying hell had seen game, and they enjoyed it but thought it looked cold etc. Now that pleased me as well to know some rugby men over in Aus are also enjoying the comp, and my best mate there also watches a lot of it. So good to know there is a comp seemingly generating positive comments etc and fans are enjoying so much. I know most of our Aus brethren on here don't watch it, but it is a bloody good comp!
Anyway my little rant or whatever about something I pretty keen on.
Agree. It is the only comp I now follow/watch closely (thanks to Stan). Shield games are always good value. Have been invited into a tipping comp with a bunch of expat (or not so expat anymore) Kiwis for last couple of years.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Agree. It is the only comp I now follow/watch closely (thanks to Stan). Shield games are always good value. Have been invited into a tipping comp with a bunch of expat (or not so expat anymore) Kiwis for last couple of years.
Mate do yourself a favour then, North Harbour got a shield challenge tomorrow. I thinking it maybe a good one, NH are tracking ok, will be on midday over there, Canterbury/Tasman tonight maybe a little early as it 3.30pm your time (playing 2 tonight because of test tomorrow) but could be good, and worth an extra bit of interest is Campbell Parata starting at 10, as he signed with Force, and is going pretty ok.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Mate do yourself a favour then, North Harbour got a shield challenge tomorrow. I thinking it maybe a good one, NH are tracking ok, will be on midday over there, Canterbury/Tasman tonight maybe a little early as it 3.30pm your time (playing 2 tonight because of test tomorrow) but could be good, and worth an extra bit of interest is Campbell Parata starting at 10, as he signed with Force, and is going pretty ok.
Besides Parata a number of other Force players are also starting this weekend:

14 Manasa Maetele (Canterbury)
15 Chase Tiatia (Hawkes Bay)
8 Jackson Pugh (Auckland)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Besides Parata a number of other Force players are also starting this weekend:

14 Manasa Maetele (Canterbury)
15 Chase Tiatia (Hawkes Bay)
8 Jackson Pugh (Auckland)
Didn't realise that Tiatia had gone to Force (or forgot) and forgot all about Maetele.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Actually am a Harbour fan (dating back to when Buck was running around) and am tipping them for a win tomorrow.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez the Tu got real hiding. That kid that came on at 10 for the Mooloos (Kemara I think his name) looks to have a nice balance, think he was the one running at 10 for Chiefs U20s early in year. few young 10s around the place, will be interested to see how they come on.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only watched the early game after which I needed cheering up so flicked over to the darts. I know Mako are missing a few AB but there's really no excuse for how feeble their D was.

Hopefully Grace's injury isn't as bad as it looked, I'd like to see him given at least an ABXV run before the year is out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The great Cantab Shield team of 1982-85 are having a reunion over Test weekend.

Still believe they should've shoe-horned in a defence v a minnow to take the tenure to 26 before risking it v Aucks who even I, a one-eyed Cantab supporter back in those days, thought they'd likely take it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights

As if last night wasn't bad enough, Mighty 'nua have shipped 50 at home to the South Cantabs :(

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Suggestion for anyone wanting to see a future AB, watch Fabian Holland for Otago, only saw half an hour of last nights game(switched to Wallabies) and he again impressed the hell out of me, he got it all, tall good build for a lock, great workrate, and last night he even caught AJ Lam from behind as he made a break. Very very good kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.