• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
ps the argie ref may have shat the bed with the TMO thing but basically I thought he went pretty well. At least he made an effort to police the backs creeping up offside, something no prick ref ever bothers with and which iHomo is the second biggest blight on the game after oh shit of course the mother f**king scrums. Scrum time these days means 16 blokes using 1 minute to loiter around and finally assemble, everyone taking their sweet motherfuckign time. Have a drink! No rush! Well, if you're having a drink then I may as well fuck off for a piss. Another minute for the fluffybunnys to pack down, then another minute because they have to do it all again because they all fell over. Oops! Great contest these scrums. 3 minutes of everyone at home and the stadium watching nothing but machismo inertia suplexing itself into downward motion. Short arm penalty ah fuck it just take the tap.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
"He's not ours" - bet you'll claim him in the (admittedly unlikely) event he scores the IRB Ref of the Year award, a bit like Rusty Crowe being a true blue dinky di Aussie when he wins the Oscar but a kiwi when he beats someone up?

Some of our commentators are pretty average, they could give Marto & Kearns a run for their money.

Sumo is crap like our lot. Ian Smith needs a punch in the head. Geoff Wilson annoys the shit out of me.

I like Justin Marshall and the other former players bar Geoff Wilson. Nathan Sharpe is our only good one and he would fit in well with Justin Marshall.

Honestly I enjoy the South African's the most.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Sumo is crap like our lot. Ian Smith needs a punch in the head. Geoff Wilson annoys the shit out of me.

I like Justin Marshall and the other former players bar Geoff Wilson. Nathan Sharpe is our only good one and he would fit in well with Justin Marshall.

yeah, I used to not mind Stransky but the least couple of seasons he's just been an apologist/cheerleader for the bok sides. Justin Marshall the opposite, trying to be too impartial, complimenting the foreign sides even when theyre getting dealt to. Sumo is fine by me although the humour-bypassed Jeff Wilson is a damp foil for his gleeful repartee. Richard Turner the sideline bloke is the best. and Nathan Sharpe. and Gregan too. and Kafer. Ian Smith is just fucking horrid, another Crusaders fuckin cheerleader. Speaking of which Tony Johnstone haha.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

What did Scotty Stevenson do to deserve such an insult as be grouped with Kearns and Marto?

I've followed the ITM Cup since maybe 2012 and his commentary in that comp is informed and relevant, and conscious of the laws. Not to mention as well, he doesn't butcher player names that are islander in origin (I'm looking at you, Clarkey) And he couples his knowledge of the game with colour and humour.

It's good to see him moving up the ladder and doing more Super Rugby matches, and eventually, co-commentating with Marshall. Now that would be a dream team.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I find some of the SA commentators to be just as bad as our (and NZ's) lot. Just as biased and annoying, primarily talking about their team, and so on. Inability to understand why the ref is awarding a penalty when you can hear the freaking ref mike.

I actually don't mind TJ, so long as a certain NZ team isn't playing. Can't say the same for Kearns or Marto. TJ is still a better commentator than what we have in Aus.

Fucking amazed Meg actually turned out to be not bad. On that topic, anyone else miss Drakie?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh, and I love Horan, and he was indisputably (at least in Australia!) the best 12 in the professional era, but he shows just why playing ability doesn't necessarily correlate to commentating ability.

edit: Agree with Dismal, the best from the Australia's lot are Gregan, Sharpe and Kafer. The rest don't come close.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
I would rather listen to Marto and Kearns, than the ones here in SA (except Bob Skinstad and Matt Pearce, they are good)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
See, now you are using it in the correct context, but unfortunately I think that is an accident also.
You know what I think - I think Shiggins has been using the word in the right context all along.

Clearly Shiggins believes players and things are rebelling against external factors which have persecuted us for too long now. He is the voice of the people.

There's no other explanation.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
haha, Richard Loe not shy of an opinion in the Herald today:

I'm a farmer and if those two referees (Nick Briant in the Hurricanes-Highlanders match; Francisco Pastrana in the Blues-Cheetahs game) were livestock, I'd have them castrated so we couldn't breed from them.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Piss everybody else off and have a team of Justin Marshall, Nathan Sharpe and Warren Brosnehan (sorry for the spelling). You will get good insight into the game but with a casual tone. Now clone them seven times over to cover the entire round each week.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bill Mclaren, that voice, the gravitas, he could pretty much say anything and it'd still have that big match feel, "picking my nose up here and actually wiping it on the pane of glass in front of me now--"

as Ash mentioned, John Drake much missed, "jeez--that was ordinary"

Skinstadt is bongo-brain-damagedly biased for all things bokke and surely not a native English speaker.

In fact, the further this post goes on the more I am convinced he is alingual.

Status
Not open for further replies.