• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Match Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Yeah not sure about this Crusader team. If they still had Fruen and Guildford maybe but a bit of X factor seems to have gone. Dagg seems to have lost a bit of pace. I could be wrong its only round 3 but they seem a bit Meh this year.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Richie McCaw is out for a couple of months, broken thumb.

So, he'll be back in time for the finals. just as the Crusaders did last year, they'll get their act together and come steaming home. I don't think they lose much with Todd as the replacement, he's a very good scavenger seven.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Mccaw is not a Super 15 player.

110 test match wins.

Why is he the GOAT? Not the flashest hands, not the fastest, not the show pony Pocock beach guns-- but no matter how hard the other poor pricks try, he goes and tries harder. Then NZ win. Again. Iron Horse. Iron Will.

M

Moono75

Mccaw is not a Super 15 player.

110 test match wins.

Why is he the GOAT? Not the flashest hands, not the fastest, not the show pony Pocock beach guns-- but no matter how hard the other poor pricks try, he goes and tries harder. Then NZ win. Again. Iron Horse. Iron Will.

No one doubts Ritchie is a Champion player. He gets the maximum out of his physical talents but it's his mental toughness that takes him to the next level.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Is the surface at Waikato artificial? Just watching the Chiefs/H'landers and it always looks immaculate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Is the surface at Waikato artificial? Just watching the Chiefs/H'landers and it always looks immaculate!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know how to grow grass in the Waikato - Hamilton's a dairy town from way back & half the race horses in Australasia are bred in the Matamata- Cambridge - Te Awamutu corridor.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Richie McCaw is out for a couple of months, broken thumb.

Not expected back until Round 12 on May 3 according to stuff.co.nz - Crusaders have both their byes during that time so may only miss 6 games. Able replacement in Todd, I would have thought, & he'll presumably travel with the team to SA unless surgery is required.

Fully expecting him to be back & terrorising the Wobblies & 'boks come August. At his age, this could even be a blessing in disguise!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought the Clan looked the better team for most of that match but Chiefs sure are good at finding a way to win.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bit early to be writing McCaw off yet.

Every time I try to write him off as too old, too slow, too injury prone, the bugger proves me wrong in the next game.

Different tactic this time. Sir Ritchie will be the first captain to hold Bill aloft twice.

Just in time for the Rugby Championship and the annual Wallaby humiliation ceremony. :(

Not surprising that the GOAT fell off a couple of tackles if he had a broken thumb.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
bugger. 21-19 to chiefs

Jeez those [rude word] are lucky, that game could have gone either way. The only thing that annoyed me was their second try came after they were given the ball after that horribly inconsistent advantage call, grumble.

Oh well, good game, Highlanders looking better this year (Manu's a bit rusty though).

Status
Not open for further replies.