• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

One All Black Cheating thread to rule them all

Are the All Blacks cheats?

• Yes of course. Been saying this all along.

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • Yes, but everyone does it.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • Yes. Wish we could do that well.

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • No, otherwise we would be penalised more.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • No, the refs are out to get the All Blacks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, and we have run the writer out of town for blasphemy (Kiwi only option).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Major! I would have rather thought you'd consider today something of a red letter one. What with Scotty initiating a thread hailing HRH R McCaw as a brilliant and respected figure for him, and Barbarian coming out of some kind of complex closet and confessing that he 'wouldn't mind too much if the ABs win the RWC'. My God, what is happening to this place, is it a new moon today?

I'm sure you've noticed, G&GR goes a little crazy when there isn't any rugby being played next week. Nothing to talk about, but the alternative to browsing G&GR is to horrible to comprehend.

Reactions: BPC

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we don't win it, I'm happy for the Kiwis to win it. Contrary to EFTTR6O7, I do think their extended period of dominance does make them somewhat deserving of the title. But if they win it, I'd want to see them have to play their guts out to get it.
I voted England. Just couldn't cope.

This very much sums up how I feel.

Seeing an amazing run by a smaller team would also be great. Someone like Scotland, Argentina or any of the Pacific nations winning some finals games would be tremendous.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
My order goes like this

1. Australia - Self explanatory
2. A team that hasn't won it before - Self explanatory
3. New Zealand - Haven't won it twice yet
4. England - Haven't won it twice yet and don't deserve it as much as New Zealand
5. South Africa - Don't wish them to be the first team to win it three times in a row.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Voted England

They are our little brothers and while I don't want them to beat us at anything, they are family.

England however are that shit family down the street and we hate them.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
I voted New Zealand because they all sem to think they have a 'Divine Right' to win Bill all the time, and can't understand that the pressure the nation and in particular its press put on its players is so immense, that they would have to be superhuman to be able to withstand the weight of expectation that it brings on them. This time in their own back yard the pressure mounts even higher.

For what it's worth I've been predicting Australia for the past year and have seen nothing to change that opinion, although I noted that Heinrich Broussow is back playing for the Saffers ( and he's fresh ) so am very wary of them.

England ?? - I can't possibly see them winning again in the Southern hemisphere this time with who we've got at present, but if the impossible happens, we'll once again be the most hated nation in the world, but we're used to that. Possibly the reason why so many Antipodeans love to spend a couple of years over here.

Ranger

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've merged the three (three!) All Blacks cheating threads, that way I don't have to read it unless someone reports a post.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
As much as I hate England winning it- there is a sadistic pleasure in being able to knock the kiwis for 4 years for choking. So I *really* don't want them to win it this time around either. Be so funny if they choke in their own backyard.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I've merged the three (three!) All Blacks cheating threads, that way I don't have to read it unless someone reports a post.

Was the new thread title inspired by the Foxsports Fantasy Rugby ad by any chance? It's pretty funny.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf

Mine wasn't an cheating thread. And you've lost my precious poll. Which proved that Aussies love Kiwis even thought they don't love us.

Cop this: :bootyshake

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Was the new thread title inspired by the Foxsports Fantasy Rugby ad by any chance? It's pretty funny.
Haven't seen the ad - thread title is Lord of the Rings inspired..

Mine wasn't an cheating thread. And you've lost my precious poll. Which proved that Aussies love Kiwis even thought they don't love us.

Cop this: :bootyshake
Well, three threads that are negative towards Kiwis then.
I like that we have Kiwis posting here, well, most of them anyway.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
How was the poll thread negative towards Kiwis? Quite the reverse, actually... At least for the most part.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
If we don't win it, I'm happy for the Kiwis to win it. Contrary to EFTTR6O7, I do think their extended period of dominance does make them somewhat deserving of the title. But if they win it, I'd want to see them have to play their guts out to get it.
I voted England. Just couldn't cope.

You know what, and i made this point before on using the term 'deserve' with 'winning'

But what i will say is that the belief of 'deserving' something and resting on laurels and the work is possibly why NZ haven't won in such a long time. Passion is what win's it in the big events, it's kinda why i respect (but hate) England. When it counts they step up.

What i did say in a earlier post. I will say they deserved to win it after they have done it. I will also be the first to congratulate them. For some reason they get the underdog card. But that's us! Rugby is our 5th biggest sport here and the fact we have won 2 world cups proves how much we deserve being where we are! I can totally handle NZ winning it, Rugby is their national sport and it's one of the few places in the world where it is.

I feel a little cheated that a lot of Kiwi's don't feel the same way out us winning it if they choke again.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm quite happy to see OZ win if we are bundled out and I think you would find the majority of Kiwis would think that way. The mad press and vocal minority seem to receive all the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.