• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pacific Rugby Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

There is alot of Tapuai in Apo I reckon.. Although I would suggest that he is even more physical than Ben and maybe a touch less creative with ball in hand.

R

ripper868

Indeed, It was Jack Kimmince who was injured (knee by the looks) not Ruan Smith.

L

Linebacker_41

Big shame on F'Sautia by the sounds.

Any others news on the severity of his injury?

He was walking normally after the game but he sat out the back half of last year for Schoolboy rugby with same injury. He was certainly the standout above all others before he did his hammy and he was only on the field for 15mins

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
ACT XV v Tonga - not sure where this game is due to the constant rain recently closing many ovals in Canberra.

1. SCOTT SIO
2. PAT LEAFA
3. JONNO OWEN
4. GARETH CLOUSTON
5. TOM MURDAY
6. SOAKAI TAI
7. RUTIKHA ILOLAHIA
8. VC) JAMES TURNER
9. © BEAU MOKOTUPU
10. ANGUS MCKERCHAR
11. DARRAGH FANNING
12. JACK SUTTON
13. TEVITA KURIDRANI
14. CAM CRAWFORD
15. BEN JOHNSON

16. JP PRADAUD
17. LES MAKIN
18. DAVID ARMSTRONG
19. JOE KOLOKIHAKAUFISI
20. RYNE BOWDEN
21. TYLER STEPHENS
22. PAT MCCABE

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
McCabe's being eased back into it since he hasn't played since October.

Siliva I haven't seen training so I'm not sure when he's due back.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did Stef Hunt go qwerty?

Playing fullback I didn't see him inject in the backline much, the Samoans kicked the ball a lot since their 10 had a massive boot. He used good footwork to evade the first few tacklers often and made good returns. I would've liked to see him kick the ball better. Not sure if it was him but someone did some awful bombs.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Thought the QLD A side missed Quirk work and leadership. The Refs whistled spoilt that game. He gave away penalties that left players and spectators bewildered and then didn't blow the really obvious ones up. Terrible injuries though. Felsman did his shoulder and the U20"s selections start next week I believe.

L

Linebacker_41

Browning was industrious. Always in the right spot. He wasnt dynamic but usually getting up last from each breakdown. Some good touches. He has a good range of skills and showed alot of them in defense and attack. Didnt suffer like some of the others on Sunday night where the Qld A body height was too high.

Curtis certainly has a great body frame to grow into. the question will still be in what position does he play. Too short for lock but is he mobile enough for the loose. I hear he is training a lot at prop. If he can learn the skills there to be strong in the scrum then he could be a great option for the future.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Again good to see The Reds players there. Quade and Digby were sighted this time as well. Linc was out and about. Good feel for Qld.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The ACT XV v. Tonga has been cancelled due to a suitable venue not being available.

It's rained nearly every day since Monday in Canberra leaving all fields closed. Canberra Stadium is not an option due to a mungo game there on Saturday arvo and Viking Park is being re seeded.

T

tranquility

Browning was industrious. Always in the right spot. He wasnt dynamic but usually getting up last from each breakdown. Some good touches. He has a good range of skills and showed alot of them in defense and attack. Didnt suffer like some of the others on Sunday night where the Qld A body height was too high.

Curtis certainly has a great body frame to grow into. the question will still be in what position does he play. Too short for lock but is he mobile enough for the loose. I hear he is training a lot at prop. If he can learn the skills there to be strong in the scrum then he could be a great option for the future.

Cheers, I appreciate the response. Considering how tight he plays, prop may well be his position as he is a bloke of massive proportions. I also think an issue with him playing in the backrow is that he is going to have trouble keeping his size down to be fit enough to do the yards required (Think Higgers) due to his Dave Taylor like physique. Good to hear that he looked industrious at senior level.

I just wish Mick Kron was on our side of the ditch to teach him the dark arts.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs will use a full strength A side against Fiji this afternoon

1. JEREMY TILSE
2. SAM ZLATEVSKI
3. LOTU TAUKEIAHO
4. RICHARD STANFORD
5. GREG PETERSON
6. LIAM WINTON
7. SEILALA LAM
8. TEVITA METUISLA (C)
9. GRAYSON HART
10. TOBY BROWNE
11. ATIELI PAKALANI
12. MICHAEL HODGE
13. PETE BETHAM
14. JESSE LEOTA
15. NATHAN TRIST
16. TOA ASA
17. SAM TALAKI
18. ADAM COLEMAN
19. JORDY RIED
20. LUKE IRWIN
21. TRENT LAKE
22. ELIJAH NIKO

So it appears Zlatevski is looking like the Tahs 3rd hooker. Would anyone believe me if I told you he was a winger for his school's 1st XV?

Strong pack, good to see Pakalani back but now I'm wondering where is Sitaleki? Injured or will he play for the Tahs this weekend?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Tahs will use a full strength A side against Fiji this afternoon

1. JEREMY TILSE
2. SAM ZLATEVSKI
3. LOTU TAUKEIAHO
4. RICHARD STANFORD
5. GREG PETERSON
6. LIAM WINTON
7. SEILALA LAM
8. TEVITA METUISLA (C)
9. GRAYSON HART
10. TOBY BROWNE
11. ATIELI PAKALANI
12. MICHAEL HODGE
13. PETE BETHAM
14. JESSE LEOTA
15. NATHAN TRIST
16. TOA ASA
17. SAM TALAKI
18. ADAM COLEMAN
19. JORDY RIED
20. LUKE IRWIN
21. TRENT LAKE
22. ELIJAH NIKO

So it appears Zlatevski is looking like the Tahs 3rd hooker. Would anyone believe me if I told you he was a winger for his school's 1st XV?

Strong pack, good to see Pakalani back but now I'm wondering where is Sitaleki? Injured or will he play for the Tahs this weekend?

I am lead to believe that Hugh Roach was the original starter before suffering a chest infection. He was named on the bench against Tonga in the official trial before being ruled out the week after. Taaf, Fitzy, Ulugia, Roach, Zlatevski - 5th.

Sitaleki should touch down in Australia late March about the same time as Maa Nonu hopefull to play early April look for Timani to mainly feature during the back end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.