• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pecking order: Hooker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
1. TPN
2. Moore
3. Fainga'a
4. Fitzy

A hooker has to have some idea about throwing a ball into a lineout therefore Cowan is out.
A fit Freier would challenge Moore for 2.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That is the fun about opinions and the internet, he is a quality player and the best leader of a maul we have by a long way.

He is a good player that we could trust to do a job in an international game. If no one else puts their hand up he may well be the 3rd choice for next years world cup. But it is unlikely he is going to get any better and his best is certainly limited when compared to some other international options.

Hanging from a finger tip off the back of the maul is not a skill set that selection for Wallabies should be based on.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I fail to see how Moore isn't rated as either one or two. What's the justification? Love of the over rated Paul style swanning hooker?

In the first two games I watched for the Force Cowan wasn't worse than Edmonds in throwing in. I still recall uninspiring performances from Edmonds last year when he started.

Status
Not open for further replies.