• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pecking Order: Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lee Grant said:
In the next couple of years I'd like to be able to add the name of Greg Peterson who is just a few months out of school - 18years old, 204cm, 115kg and not a pot plant last time I looked. He's in the Tahs pro Academy... Anybody know what club he is playing for? Did you nab this guy Brucie?

Manly (aka the blue slime) by all accounts. Lucky bugger escaped the rapacious craws of those thieving bastards at Sydney Uni. But you wouldn't like that, would you, Lee. ::) ::) ::)

Cyril Towers (30)
If you want to throw in a couple of likely young prospects:

McAlman (has played a lot of 2nd row although usually a 6 or 8)
Sam Carter - only 20, certainly big enough and still filling out. Son of Wallaby no 6 Dave Carter. Will do big things in the next 1-2 years
and there's another Qld Shaw who's pretty useful

gone

Ted Fahey (11)
How old is Van Humphries? He has been a standout so far this year. Would definitely not look out of place in the Wallabies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member

McCalman should be discussed in the no. 8 pecking order because his long term future is in that spot. Well, arguably a 6, but don't argue that for a while. Top player though, but needs 2 more years of S14 playing and training.

Yeah, he played in the 2nd row with Dennis for Sydney Uni, but if you are talking about test matches, don't think of him as a lock - nor Dennis for that matter.

Sam Carter? No disgrace for a 20 y.o. to be playing 2nd Grade for Sydney Uni, in fact it's a good effort, but I don't know anything about him. Any details?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
thatguy said:
How old is Van Humphries? He has been a standout so far this year. Would definitely not look out of place in the Wallabies.

34 i believe. seems to be invigorated this year.

Cyril Towers (30)
Lee Grant said:

McCalman should be discussed in the no. 8 pecking order because his long term future is in that spot. Well, arguably a 6, but don't argue that for a while. Top player though, but needs 2 more years of S14 playing and training.

Yeah, he played in the 2nd row with Dennis for Sydney Uni, but if you are talking about test matches, don't think of him as a lock - nor Dennis for that matter.

Sam Carter? No disgrace for a 20 y.o. to be playing 2nd Grade for Sydney Uni, in fact it's a good effort, but I don't know anything about him. Any details?

Agree about McCalman, I just couldn't wait for the 6 or 8 thread to come around.
Carter played 2s at Uni last year but game time in 1s nearly every week. Only missed out in the GF because Mumm was back. He was still eligible for Colts last year. He was keeping good players like McDuling and Hawkins out of 1st grade reserve spot. He was pretty gangly but has filled out a lot over the last 12 months and is now over the 110kg mark, I think. I think the Force have shown some interest. I'm predicting a big year for him this year.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
fatprop said:
Horwill
Sharpe
Mumm
Chisholm
Hockings
Humphries
Wykes
Douglas
Hand
Caldwell
Byrnes
Harrison

I agree with that, but Douglas might have a red bullet placed next to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.