• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pick your Wallaby team for EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozrugbynut

1.Robinson - Form player, goes all day,
2.Moore - Best thrower in Aus, good ball runner, but not too much in it in his battle with TPN
3. Alexander - Baxter's finished, Alexander has been
4.Horwill - A longer term prospect for lock, but really needs to FIRE UP
5. Sharpe - Experienced, but needs more games like Twickers last year
6. Pocock - Good prospect for the future but question his size
7.Smith - too small for Nr 8
8. Elsom - needs to start, but not sure
9. Genia - his introduction had immediate effect on the WB backline. Looks composed, comfortable and dynamic.
10.Barnes - needs to run the back line to free Giteau up
11. O'Connor - would provide some real spark, without the responsibility of full back
12. Giteau - give him an inch and he takes a mile. Extra time/space will free him up to make further damage
13.Mortlock - given
14.Hynes - generally composed with good speed, consistently beats first tackler unlike other wings (LT and DM)
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Our best option, good strong runner/line breaker, taller than O'Connor

Res:
16.TPN - great ball runner, committed tackler. A real tryer. Also consider playing him at loosehead.
17. Kepu - Strong ball runner and solid scrummager. Needs experience but has promise.
18. Cooper - good back up for barnes
21. Cross - Strong runner and potential line breaker. In a similar mould to mortlock but i want to see more AGRO
22.Mitchell - More solid than LT

Notable exceptions:

Brown - some brain snaps during the TN and some lack lustre performances have me questioning whether he is ready.
Dunning - lack of game time due to injury, but would otherwise have picked him. Outstanding in last year's tour.

S

Spook

disco said:
SNK can play very good fullback. And you can quote me on this: I think Cooper has zero chance of ever playing test-quality 10

I'd be all for SNK at 15 for OZ, very quick, good kicking & passing game, very good under the high ball doesn't miss tackles.
Has been dire for Cardiff by the way. They've tried him at 10 and he just doesn't know how to play there.

S

Spook

Ozrugbynut said:
1.Robinson - Form player, goes all day,
2.Moore - Best thrower in Aus, good ball runner, but not too much in it in his battle with TPN
3. Alexander - Baxter's finished, Alexander has been
4.Horwill - A longer term prospect for lock, but really needs to FIRE UP
5. Sharpe - Experienced, but needs more games like Twickers last year
6. Pocock - Good prospect for the future but question his size
7.Smith - too small for Nr 8
8. Elsom - needs to start, but not sure
9. Genia - his introduction had immediate effect on the WB backline. Looks composed, comfortable and dynamic.
10.Barnes - needs to run the back line to free Giteau up
11. O'Connor - would provide some real spark, without the responsibility of full back
12. Giteau - give him an inch and he takes a mile. Extra time/space will free him up to make further damage
13.Mortlock - given
14.Hynes - generally composed with good speed, consistently beats first tackler unlike other wings (LT and DM)
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) - Our best option, good strong runner/line breaker, taller than O'Connor

Res:
16.TPN - great ball runner, committed tackler. A real tryer. Also consider playing him at loosehead.
17. Kepu - Strong ball runner and solid scrummager. Needs experience but has promise.
18. Cooper - good back up for barnes
21. Cross - Strong runner and potential line breaker. In a similar mould to mortlock but i want to see more AGRO
22.Mitchell - More solid than LT

Notable exceptions:

Brown - some brain snaps during the TN and some lack lustre performances have me questioning whether he is ready.
Dunning - lack of game time due to injury, but would otherwise have picked him. Outstanding in last year's tour.
When was Dunning outstanding? :nta:

No Ioane?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE DURING OUR TECHNICAL PROBLEM.

Our Chief Technical Officer is momentarily out of earshot. As soon as we find him service will be resumed. A full inquiry will be undertaken. Names will be named.

D

daz

Right, now that we've got a bit of time on our hands, let's all pick a XXII for our EOYT. Some interesting decisions came out of last night's game and with a few people heading offshore we can draw a line through a few names, and we should also look to take a few youngbloods up there for a run. Here's mine:

Given the general feeling in Rugby-supporterland at the moment, can I make the (slightly) innovative and (slightly) sarcastic suggestion that the state club rugby winners across the country play-off for the right to represent Australia in the EOYT...?

Failing that, how about we all nominate some 4th grade club in central QLD/NSW and offer them a base contract of $1,000 per game, a free sight-seeing tour of each city visited and all the pies and beers you can fill your boots with in between games.

daz

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
1.Robinson - Agreed
2.Moore - TPN was the from hooker
3. Alexander- Agreed
4.Horwill- last Chance if he doesn't front in Tokyo then Dean Mumm
5. Sharpe- Chisolm
6. Pocock-Elsom
7.Smith -Pocock
8. Elsom -Smith
9. Genia - Agreed
10.Barnes -Agreed
11. O'Connor - Hynes
12. Giteau - Agreed
13.Mortlock - Agreed
14.Hynes - Ioane
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) -Agreed but prefer him at 13

Res:
16.TPN - Moore
17. Kepu- Agreed
18. Dean Mumm
19. Wycliff Palu
20. Luke Burgess
21.Quade Cooper
22. Drew Mitcell

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
1 - robbo
2 - TPN
3 - Baxter
4 - horwill
5 - chis
6 - rocky
7 - waugh
8 - palu
9 - burgess
10 - barnes
11 - ioaone
12 - (tom cater if robbie was true about building to the future!) gits
13 - mortlock
14 - turner
15 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
waratahjesus said:
1 - robbo
2 - TPN
3 - Baxter
4 - horwill
5 - chis
6 - rocky
7 - waugh
8 - palu
9 - burgess
10 - barnes
11 - ioaone
12 - (tom cater if robbie was true about building to the future!) gits
13 - mortlock
14 - turner
15 - AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

wait, are you naming a wallaby or waratah team there? :p ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1.Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7.Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10.Barnes
11. Digby
12. Giteau
13.Mortlock
14.Hynes
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Res:
16. Moore
17. Kepu
18. Mumm
19 Chapman
20 Cooper
21 Burgess
22. Mitchell

Tom carter will struggle to start for the Tahs next year, he can't/won't pass. In the S14 he made 49 runs (averaging 3.8m), passing 4 times and breaking the line twice. If you want a crash baller at 12, Smith is the obvious choice.

http://203.166.101.37/rugby/index.html

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
fatprop said:
1.Robinson
2. TPN
3. Alexander
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Elsom
7.Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10.Barnes
11. Digby
12. Giteau
13.Mortlock
14.Hynes
15.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Res:
16. Moore
17. Kepu
18. Mumm
19 Chapman
20 Cooper
21 Burgess
22. Mitchell

Tom carter will struggle to start for the Tahs next year, he can't/won't pass. In the S14 he made 49 runs (averaging 3.8m), passing 4 times and breaking the line twice. If you want a crash baller at 12, Smith is the obvious choice.

http://203.166.101.37/rugby/index.html

i like the looks of that. i might like to see chis over mumm though. interesting/shocking (for me) to think that there suddenly might not be room for the likes of pocock, turner or JO'C..... as well as carter.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My assumption would be that Smith stays at 7 for the match (he doesn't get injured), Palu plays until he can't stand, then Chapman comes on at 6 with Rocky moving to 8.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Forget the names - they are irrelevant compared to the team spirit which died in Wellington and needs rebirth.

We already have the players.

That is all.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lee Grant said:
Forget the names - they are irrelevant compared to the team spirit which died in Wellington and needs rebirth.

We already have the players.

That is all.

Amen, Brother.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Scarfman said:
Very ... "passionate" selection, WJ.

i just think its tom carters time, we all ask questions after every match, the guy has a combo with burgess already who should be our starting halfback, put the guy in and watch the team pick up i say!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Carter is average city. A combo with Burgess? Why are we looking for a 9 and 12 combination? Particularly when the said 12 has no play making abilities whatsoever.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
how has our record been with two playmakers? my guess would be not very good, but i will let a statman prove me right.
if cater is at 12, then he can come into first reciever and crash ball from there, he has great ability in recycling possession so quick ball and we have gits moving forward when he gets the ball.

its not rocket science, were trying to create a team that the all blacks were winning with befor they lost at the same stage as us at the last world cup, lets try something new already!

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
waratahjesus said:
how has our record been with two playmakers? my guess would be not very good, but i will let a statman prove me right.

This should be good. Nice to have someone else cart it up and make the hard yards for me for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.