• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Possibles vs Probables Friday 3rd August 6.45pm kickoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Are the Smith Brothers ineligible to be picked for the Wobs? I'm guessing so considering Faulkner has been picked and was shown up pretty badly about a month ago in Brisbane.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Eastwood has the bye this weekend. I would guess that Manenti (sic) has tried not to take too many players from clubs that are playing important games.

That said, players like Pama Fou, and Fabian Goodall, are worth a look at.

Woodies have been in great form recently, I hope Goodall gets a crack he's dangerous in the Naiyaravoro mould.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes just looked him up - Goodall looks size wise same size as Taquele. League background which I also don't mind.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
IMO Pama Fou outplayed Seb Wileman last weekend. I have seen Eastwood twice this year and thought Fou was outstanding in both games.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why would that be? They've been in the Australian rugby system for longer than say Topou

eligibility rules are:

1. They were born in the country.
  2. They have a parent or grandparent who was born in the country.
  3. They have lived in the country for 36 consecutive months (three years) to qualify on residency immediately before playing.
  4. They have completed ten years of cumulative residence in the country before playing.
Point 3 is the relevant one here and Ruan has been in Japan for a few years while JP was back in South Africa in 2016 at least. That's what I think the hang up is

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
eligibility rules are:

3. They have lived in the country for 36 consecutive months (three years) to qualify on residency immediately before playing.
  4. They have completed ten years of cumulative residence in the country before playing.
Point 3 is the relevant one here and Ruan has been in Japan for a few years while JP was back in South Africa in 2016 at least. That's what I think the hang up is

Ah ok, the same drama Henry Speight went through. They must have come close to residency before going offshore. I recall them being at GPS for a couple of seasons before both? signing up with the Brumbies. How long were they in the ACT for?
In any case, both great players but we have great depth in the front row these days.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Running at 13 outside Stewart and Meakes is a little different than running outside Foley and Beale. I'm not sure it will be a good indicator of Hodges attacking game at OC. His defence will be interesting.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'm actually in town for the night so am going out to watch it. Anyone else heading out?

I'll be there, drifting down from the beautiful Blue Mountains just in time for kickoff.

The closest pub's the Orange Grove Hotel near the corner of Perry Street and Balmain Road, a stroll down Glover Street from the eastern side of Leichhardt Oval will set you in the right direction.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Running at 13 outside Stewart and Meakes is a little different than running outside Foley and Beale. I'm not sure it will be a good indicator of Hodges attacking game at OC. His defence will be interesting.

I'm not sure this game will be a good indicator of anything really. With the established players, anyway.

I am much more interested in how the Walsh/Maneti team play than the Cheika team. He's already selected his 23 for the Bledisloe I reckon, this is just about blowing away the cobwebs.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
eligibility rules are:

Didn't they come to Aus a schoolkids? They must be close to qualifying under 4. despite the intervening periods away.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Are the Smith Brothers ineligible to be picked for the Wobs? I'm guessing so considering Faulkner has been picked and was shown up pretty badly about a month ago in Brisbane.

I imagine we might have seen them involved in tonights game however, like Quade and Hunt, they are involved in Finals series in Brisbane club rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.