• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Pot... Kettle... Black... WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncher

Herbert Moran (7)
"France have devalued the most eagerly awaited World Cup game for four years and blown an enormous raspberry at the IRB," Peter Bills wrote in the New Zealand Herald.

"It is an insult to the 60,000 who have bought tickets expecting a contest between teams at full strength."

"Coach Marc Lievremont has chosen virtually a second string forward pack for the clash with the All Blacks at Eden Park on Saturday."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...tournament-say-kiwi-media-20110921-1kk9l.html

I love it... Didn't the All Blacks send an understrength team to South Africa earlier this year??? Didn't the Saffas do the same?

C'mon France, you've been written off AGAIN, please do it!!!! Then we can see the Poms knock the ABs out on the other side of the draw

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Good on em, finishing second is to there great advantge draw wise, why would you bother, it's gamesmanship but why bother respecting the all blacks or giving them crowing rights in what basically I a dead rubber.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think Peter Bills is acutally an English journo.

I also think that sending understrength sides to a tri-nations tournament just a few weeks out from the RWC is completely different to doing it while at the big dance itself.

As an AB fan, I don't really care who they send out - I just want the ABs to win.

O

ooaahh

Hey I'm sure the 60,000 at the stadiums in South Africa, Oz and NZ were pissed off when they witnessed a second string team despite the tournament. They are called tests Bullrush not Friendlies... this isn't soccer.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Hey I'm sure the 60,000 at the stadiums in South Africa, Oz and NZ were pissed off when they witnessed a second string team despite the tournament. They are called tests Bullrush not Friendlies... this isn't soccer.

HAHA! Did I call the Tests friendlies? No, because there are no such things in rugby. So, how long have you waited to try that line. Have you read all the posts I've made ever since to find an opportunity to use my line? LMAO

And I'm pretty sure the 60,000 in the stadium for the SA v NZ TEST in SA weren't too disappointed at all. We sent a very, very good side over to SA. They competed very well and 60,000-odd SA fans watched their team win.

In NZ, most people understood why PdV sent over the team he did. What we found so funny was the excuses.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shh don't tell em it's a pom journalist Bullrush, there no need for facts when it's a chance to have a crack at kiwis
Hey wasn't the Samoan game a test??

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Shh don't tell em it's a pom journalist Bullrush, there no need for facts when it's a chance to have a crack at kiwis
Hey wasn't the Samoan game a test??

LOL...how could I forget that?!?!? Pot....Kettle.....Frying Pan?? LOL

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Everything we've ever done to or for the Kiwis has disrespected them: Sam Scott Young turning his back on the haka, the underarm incident...and now the country that sunk the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland harbour is disrespecting them too.
Perhaps its time they got over themselves?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Everything we've ever done to or for the Kiwis has disrespected them: Sam Scott Young turning his back on the haka, the underarm incident...and now the country that sunk the Rainbow Warrior in Auckland harbour is disrespecting them too.

Apparently only some pommy journo thinks so......any maybe you?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Lol read the replies the article was written is written by a pom. As for Sam Scott Young, I never heard it commentedon in NZ,only here.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
I love it... Didn't the All Blacks send an understrength team to South Africa earlier this year??? Didn't the Saffas do the same?

C'mon France, you've been written off AGAIN, please do it!!!! Then we can see the Poms knock the ABs out on the other side of the draw

It's a pool game, we don't care
We'll wake up during the final rounds ;-)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Apparently only some pommy journo thinks so......any maybe you?

As Benny HIll would say: Not nesssecelary

Although I do remember being in auckland for a bledisloe and after 30 seconds of play yelling out "he's been doing it all day" when the wallabies got a penalty only to have 3 of my Kiwi cousins turn around and tell me to f*** off.......no laughing matter

F

François

Besides, it isn't really a B team... Clerc, Medard, Mermoz, Rougerie wouldn't be there if it was. They seem to base their comments on Parra being given the 10 jersey, although he has played 99% of his professional rugby at scrum half.

But guys, don't you understand ? That's just what our coach, Marc Lievremont, do. Yours don't use his bench early enough, ours shuffle the cards before every game. We've had something like 20 center pairings in 4 years. Scrum / Fly Half combinations must not be far off. Yachvilli Parra is just the new one in town. Big deal ! We're used to it.

Lievremont = genius of the game.

Logorrhea

Stan Wickham (3)
Eh ............ but this team isnt particularly understrength. From what I can see, and I tend to watch quite a bit of French rugby, this is pretty close to a full strength team. Leaving out Harrynordikki is Bizarre (like you guys intentionally leaving out Pocock) but Servat has been replaced by Swarzewski (hardly a significant step down), Traille at FB is the conservative choice, but he plays there more regularly for France then either Heymans or Meddard.

Trin-duc has not been rested, hes been dropped for playing shite. A dreadful decision by the coach, but hes been dropped in favour of the player who had a bigger impact vs the US.

T

TheNextBigThing

This is not a bad team by any means. And the French traditionally have a revolving door selection policy. Especially lievermont who has used more than 80 players in the last three years.

The biggest criticism of the team appears to be dropping trin-duc for parra. The all-blacks should empathize seeing as their second best fly-Half is also a 9.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It's not an under strength team. Their props are injured. They are trying a back row combo they haven't played before.

The only really weird one is 10.

The journo is a stupid uninformed muppet.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I predicted a weaker France team and don't really expect them to worry if they win or lose this game, which means they will likely lose.

Logorrhea

Stan Wickham (3)
They are trying a back row combo they haven't played before.
Dont even think they are doing that. Dusatoir and Picamoles both play with Toulouse and have been regular enough over the last year. Bonnaire seems to have been around for a million years. Would be surprised if these guys havent played with eachother quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.