• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF 4 Brumbies vs Hurricanes 4-07 7.35pm AEST, 9.35pm NZT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The hell was going on with the Canberra crowd? Did they think they were at a soccer game? Just incredibly boorish and embarrassing. Still, I suppose their anti-rugby predilection was a reflection of the team they "support" on the field.

Who knew civil servants could be so uncivil.
All the crowds have seemed like that. Booing the kicker, getting more excited about shit happening off the field etc.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
The hell was going on with the Canberra crowd? Did they think they were at a soccer game? Just incredibly boorish and embarrassing. Still, I suppose their anti-rugby predilection was a reflection of the team they "support" on the field.

Just for the record, we call them "Public Servants". "Civil Servants" is just a little too South Sea Pom for us.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
On the Ikitau incident, I reckon Coles was very lucky to not get Yellow for his shoulder dive on Nic White on the ground.
He was. But then again, so hard for the ref when ACT seem to have a "crash and awe" approach of just everyone infringing at the ruck, off feet, continuing to slow down ball carrier, so the ref can't possibly ping all of them and ends up flummoxed at it all happening so fast and pings no one. Job done, Brumbies. Ball slowed down illegally. Brilliant tactic when you can get away with it. But they can't complain at 16-5 penalty counts against them.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was a little worried about how neutral we all are, after comments about booing when kicker going for goal in a game in NZ, seemed a fair bit of it in this game when JB was lining up for kicks, but perhaps your volume just died on tv?
And by the way I can guarantee I have never booed at a game, but I these days figure if we want people to cheer when they stoked or encuraging their team and they pay the money I guessing we have to not get too upset if they boo when they trying to discourage opposition.
Though the few boos when TJ ran out first in his 150th game was a little strange and perhaps the ones doing it didn't realise that he was coming out first and just thought it a good pregame boo of the Canes?
Mate, there's been plenty of people complaining about booing on this thread.. it's not a big deal even if not for the pure rugby fan..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Turning point of the match, definitely had to be JB going off for HIA after milking it.
With JB milking it, yeah he might of been winded but he wasn't going to move till he got the ref's attention. It was a carbon copy vs the Tahs at Leichhardt a few weeks earlier which he got a red card out of, and a blood nose from the shoulder of his own player. The red card was rightfully reversed at the judiciary.

And bloody well done Ponies, good to see them out of the funk of the last few weeks.
I've seen Jordie stay down last time they came to Canberra as well. Not sure if he was winded but your right he was waiting till he got attention..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Let's see how the Los blues fans handle themselves next week..

EDIT: You're sounding a little worried Dismal..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought the Brumbies were good value last night. They played a simple and direct game and won it in the tough stuff. The thing that was noticeable for me was how they stepped up the pressure at the breakdown and were also able to suffocate the Canes a fair bit too. Their set piece also got better and better as the game wentI on.

The subs made a big difference when they came on and I felt like the pressure wound up a notch as a result. Brown, Frost and Lonergan (L) all had storming games when they arrived.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah JB is a serial milker, perhaps he was legit winded in this instance and perhaps he was milking it a bit too, only he knows. Regardless, the outcome was the correct one, that being that he went off for a HIA.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He was. But then again, so hard for the ref when ACT seem to have a "crash and awe" approach of just everyone infringing at the ruck, off feet, continuing to slow down ball carrier, so the ref can't possibly ping all of them and ends up flummoxed at it all happening so fast and pings no one. Job done, Brumbies. Ball slowed down illegally. Brilliant tactic when you can get away with it. But they can't complain at 16-5 penalty counts against them.
Hah nz have been playing the fine lines around the ruck (cheating, infringing, getting away with what they can ie call it whatever you want ) for years…and the great master Richie macaw was the king of that…so I take it as a compliment the complaints about the brumbies here.

Playing the mind games already dismal for next weeks match against the blues are we…

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hah nz have been playing the fine lines around the ruck (cheating, infringing, getting away with what they can ie call it whatever you want ) for years…and the great master Richie macaw was the king of that…so I take it as a compliment the complaints about the brumbies here.

Playing the mind games already dismal for next weeks match against the blues are we…

When the book on how to cheat was written Kiwis produced 95% of the contents.

Last edited:

Da Munch

Chris McKivat (8)
LOL, love the you were winded, you don't know nuthin, when I were a young lad ... my best was not on a rugby field (sorry DP or MB) and by a bloke called hughie, who dropped me 20ft, landed a 3ft thick lip on me, took me over the falls with no gasp, as I was already winded from the drop and introduced and pressured me into a nice sheila called sandy (she was a bit rough, let me tell you), for the next umpteen seconds. I was out for a bit, no really out, but did get out to a bit of applause leaving the field and a couple of tens for the best smashing.

Anyway, JB milked it a few weeks earlier vs the Tahs, with even a few sneaky peaks to check if he'd got the ref's attention, as Tomikon has said he did last time he was in Canberra - I don't know if placing the ball back and then grappling at your head (not to protect it, there was no one else around him) and rolling around is classic "winded" behavior, the times I've been winded in and out of the water, on/off a field/ramp/road etc I've tried to tuck up into a ball but what I do know, is, he's the boy who cried wolf, personified. I'm glab he got pulled for an HIA, he was grappling at his head after all (with someone with an Aussie accent yelling out HIA) and glad that was a turning point against his team, as the last time he did it, it was a pivotal moment for his team.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
confused-indian.gif

giphy.gif

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
LOL, love the you were winded, you don't know nuthin, when I were a young lad ... my best was not on a rugby field (sorry DP or MB) and by a bloke called hughie, who dropped me 20ft, landed a 3ft thick lip on me, took me over the falls with no gasp, as I was already winded from the drop and introduced and pressured me into a nice sheila called sandy (she was a bit rough, let me tell you), for the next umpteen seconds. I was out for a bit, no really out, but did get out to a bit of applause leaving the field and a couple of tens for the best smashing.
Not really sure what any of this means but enjoyed the stream of consciousness nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.