• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF 4 Brumbies vs Hurricanes 4-07 7.35pm AEST, 9.35pm NZT

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
So, in a one eyed view, does shoulder to shoulder then a head clash actually matter in that circumstance? I can understand when its shoulder to shoulder then shoulder to head, that's a mitigation, but when you come in like that causing a head clash it makes me wonder... (and reminds me of Bank's red card earlier in the year)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So, in a one eyed view, does shoulder to shoulder then a head clash actually matter in that circumstance? I can understand when its shoulder to shoulder then shoulder to head, that's a mitigation, but when you come in like that causing a head clash it makes me wonder... (and reminds me of Bank's red card earlier in the year)
Wasn't that ruled as not red because shoulder to shoulder first.
I actually thought I would be happy with yellow for both in this game

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
No. He's gone in to point out the the bloke who was called out by the ref for being illegal did not retire. He was trying to remove a player the ref already called illegal.
But in doing so, is in front of the ball carrier and is offside.

SteveWA

Charlie Fox (21)
Wasn't that ruled as not red because shoulder to shoulder first.
I actually thought I would be happy with yellow for both in this game
where in the protocol does it talk about first contact versus outcome?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ala'alatoa should demand an apology from the ref for his team having less points on the scoreboard at halftime than the other team.

Amazing handling from the Canes given the conditions.

Mental clash of styles on show. Proactive ball-in-hand running rugby from the Canes vs kick and hope and pray you fuck up + pray for next maul anti-rugby from the Bumbreeze.

Nic White querying every single call - even his own teams knock-ons ffs - must get reeeeeeaaallly fahhhhhhking oooolllllld for the refs.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
The brumbies need to actually retain some ball or be much much better at their kicking game. Its currently not working.

Pokinacha

Dave Cowper (27)
Yeah right, seen it now. IMO that’s deliberate and worse foul play than the incident that was given red. Coles is an out and out filthy cnut. Always has been, always will be.
Don’t disagree but kidneys aren’t a head. He tucked the wing and wasn’t even trying to clean out white. Plus the refs were too busy trying to bin Ikitau

Status
Not open for further replies.