• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QF1 2012 - Reds vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
Just a little somthing I prepared earlier on Kaplan just to keep the forum ticking along.
Ref stats: Jonathon Kaplan has done 11 SuperRugby games in 2012

At scrum time Kaplan is averaging 2.8 resets per game (15th highest in the comp out of 19 refs), or 15.0% of scrums. He is handing out 3.9 scrum infringements (pens and F/K) per game, this is 7th highest.
On average 63% of the time it will be conceded by the defending team. This is 13th lowest in the comp, most refs ping the defending team. So basically he hands outs more scrum infringements, than resets it twice as likely to be a pen more than a free kick.
Kaplan is handing out an average of 20.4 penalties per game, 5th highest in the comp. On average 8.2 penalties will be inside the 22 (3rd highest ref for doing so) and 7.6 penalties will become kicks at goal. This will suit the Sharks more than the Reds at the Reds are conceding an average of 10.3 pens per game, and are conceding 3.1 penalties when they are in possession of the pill. This is highest in the comp.
Note Kaplan does hand out critical 2nd hand penalties more than Peyper, and they are in hard to kick spots, if he sticks to the form book.
The penalty profile for Kaplan is, on average, per game (ranking out of 19 refs in brackets 1 = highest) per game:

·ruck/mauls 11.3 (15);

·scrums 2.6 (5);

·lineouts 0.5 (10);

·offside 3.3 (5);

·not already specified 2.7 (4).

Of the ruck/mauls in the games Kaplan is in charge of, 6.6 % end up as pens with 78.2% conceded by defending team.
hey mate, where on earth did you get the reffing stats?!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Nah, Lang Park can take a hammering, it's the synthetics they wove into the turf after the floods.
While I used to love a curtain raiser, if it's going to finish an hour or more before the main event why bother?

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Sharks are a good team and are quite capable of surprising the home crowd who are all expecting a Reds win. I, however, think the form of Genia at the moment is pretty unbeatable.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Radar looks clear at the moment, anyway:

ibt5mZYapuehOr.jpg

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Go the Sharks!

lets hope the ref does not become the talking point after the game.

Can only agree with you whatty. If what you hope for beomes reality, the best team on the night will win, and isn't that how it should be?!

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
As a neutral I'm hoping for a close competitive exciting game. It's rare for such an important game to be close and someone, rightly or wrongly, not make an issue of the Reffing afterwards. So I'll hope Kaplan and the other officials have a good game instead.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sharks in. All over the Reds at the start.

Reds need to watch the blind. Was it Scott's analysis that noticed that? Sharks are finding lots of space there.

Reds need to protect their breakdown more. Genia has already gotten caught by what was surely an offside player 2 out. Reds shouldn't let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.